Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Here’s the thing, if he’s replacing rempe in the lineup he only needs to give us 7 minutes a night. I love rempe but that’s the truth. He looked great considering the circumstances and makes us potentially the deepest team in the playoffs

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Listening to Laviolette, it's painfully obvious why he held out as long as he did. And SO smart that he waited until on the road when he didn't have the last change.

Some of you guys look ridiculous right now for whining about Laviolette's decisions. He picked the exact right time to make the switch with all of that going on.

What an incredibly smart coach.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Listening to Laviolette, it's painfully obvious why he held out as long as he did. And SO smart that he waited until on the road when he didn't have the last change.

Some of you guys look ridiculous right now for whining about Laviolette's decisions. He picked the exact right time to make the switch with all of that going on.

What do you mean last change?

But yeah this guys is the balls. Laf had 13 min last night. Was he benched? Hell no. Load management baby

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Watching his post game goes right to the feels. Can't imagine the shit he's gone through this year. No doubt questioning if he could ever play again.

"Just happy to be back with the boys" speaks so loudly to how low he must have been. Missing being "with the boys" is what players say they miss the most when they are forced to retire.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
He looked good for his first game back in a while. Usually the second game back after a long break is your worst because you don't have the adrenaline that you had the first game. We'll see, hopefully it doesn't happen with him.
The good thing with being up 3-0 in a series, there's margin for a little bit of error. Even if Chytil struggles in his second game back, we should be able to weather that.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Watching his post game goes right to the feels. Can't imagine the shit he's gone through this year. No doubt questioning if he could ever play again.

"Just happy to be back with the boys" speaks so loudly to how low he must have been. Missing being "with the boys" is what players say they miss the most when they are forced to retire.

Reactions: AirGut

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
IF it gets to the point where it even becomes possible I'd consider Wheeler in for Vesey as well.

Jim has been bad but maybe he's just saving it for later.

He was supposed to be out at least through the regular season. By the end of this round, we'll be a month past the regular season. He's still not playing in a regular jersey. If he's back, it's for the SCF. That would be a significant boost, Blake is just a couple seasons removed from being a consistent almost ppg player. Even now, he's easily a middle-6 player and the 4th line of Goodrow-Wennberg-Wheeler would be as good as most playoff 3rd lines.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL

Nobody whined about the coach. We were just stating that if Chytil is healthy and up to speed, the coach will play him. Some people here argued that Rempe brings more or that Chytil would disrupt the locker room if he stepped in for a 4 minute rookie goon. Turns out, Panarin didn't run away to the KHL because Chytil is back. Players get injured and when they return, nobody is upset that the guy who replaced him has to go sit on the bench.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
IF it gets to the point where it even becomes possible I'd consider Wheeler in for Vesey as well.

Jim has been bad but maybe he's just saving it for later.
No way. I feel for wheeler and his injury but no way should he come in for anyone right now. He was slow before his injury plus don't want him on the 4th line. It looks like Roslovic has secured his spot on Mika's line

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What do you mean last change?

But yeah this guys is the balls. Laf had 13 min last night. Was he benched? Hell no. Load management baby
The road team has to put out their players first for any faceoff, so the home team can see what players the other team chooses and can react accordingly.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
So happy for him. Already showed glimpses of his skill level yesterday. Perhaps he shakes off the rust in time to provide some timely offense moving forward.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
if chytil can get going, this offense can get to a whole new level.
Having 3 lines that can score and be dangerous in the offensive zone is huge……
I wonder if Lavi plans to get him back a C?
Fil has been a C basically forever with NYR. I get that it’s his first game back to ease him in a wing makes sense .
But if you can roll 4 lines more evenly and keep everyone fresh, while at the same time increase scoring from 3rd line that would be ideal.
Wennberg playing well, but I hate having Cuylle on 4th line

Reactions: AirGut

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Bingo. It COULD be an issue if they would get Rempe and the 4th line on an icing, for example.
Well, on an icing, they can do that regardless. And Lavi can avoid the situation by only using that line on the fly. But with Fil in the lineup, we are a deeper, better offensive team, and we don't have to worry about matching up.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The last change thing is nonsense. It's just something to say to the media. Rempe played like 5 shifts a game. All he had to do to make the "last change" a non factor is just make those shifts on the fly. He also was given a total of four defensive zone starts in his 23 regular season+playoff games (and zero of those were in the playoffs) so the risk of them putting him out in the d zone and Carolina bringing out the top line was negligible.

Reactions: EEL and Harbour Dog

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Nobody whined about the coach. We were just stating that if Chytil is healthy and up to speed, the coach will play him. Some people here argued that Rempe brings more or that Chytil would disrupt the locker room if he stepped in for a 4 minute rookie goon. Turns out, Panarin didn't run away to the KHL because Chytil is back. Players get injured and when they return, nobody is upset that the guy who replaced him has to go sit on the bench.

We said the coach should play him. And the coach did.

It fell short of complaining about Lavi; it was more stating the obvious.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I don't think that anyone thought that there weren't risks involved. Rust, conditioning, healthy, all needed to be taken into account. It was the crazy "how can he do this to the room?!" because he'd sit a 4 minutes a night 4th line rookie that was always ridiculous.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
if he had scored that goal I would have shit my intestines out.

f***in balls on this guy to attempt that in his first game back
He’s got confidence. He’s always had confidence.

Look no further than his quote after the game.

“I felt like this team is unbelievable without me for a whole season, what they did,” he said. “But with me we can be even better.”

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't think that anyone thought that there weren't risks involved. Rust, conditioning, healthy, all needed to be taken into account. It was the crazy "how can he do this to the room?!" because he'd sit a 4 minutes a night 4th line rookie that was always ridiculous.

Yet it was clearly the right move. So your bitching was entirely silly this whole time as @haohmaru and I repeatedly said.

You, mas, and SA really need to learn yourselves some patience and learn to trust a good coach. That whole fight was stupid.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yet it was clearly the right move. So your bitching was entirely silly this whole time as @haohmaru and I repeatedly said.

You, mas, and SA really need to learn yourselves some patience and learn to trust a good coach. That whole fight was stupid.

My bitching was strictly lockerroom related. If someone said it was for the other reasons I wouldn't bitch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad