Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't want to give up on Roy yet but if so I'd like to get Groulx. I think he could make the jump easily.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
The reason I mentioned trading ej or Barrie and not duchene is because it does not seem like duchene can bring back a Jones, Josi, Weber type. Bigras has the makings of a cerebral #2-3 defenseman and zadorov could be a #1 or a #4 depending on how he progresses but I don't see him fitting well with ej or Barrie. I think Newport and Barrie are going to price them out of the avs budget and he will be the one to go, he's a great offensive d and his defense has come a long way but he is younger and has less of an injury history than Ej.

I'd be fine with demoting Army and hiring a forward coach with experience.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Trading Duchene makes absolutely no sense. Guy had a career year and is the heart of this team. Trading him would be beyond stupid. Guys like Landeskog and Varly deserve the boot more.

I think you answered your own question. Something is wrong with the heart of this team. maybe Duchene's inconsistent mental state filters throughout the team. He gets down on himself pretty quickly. And the team does the same thing. Virtually every time a goal is given up. We need the attitude of "who cares, we got this". Not this "oh no, here we go again" mentality.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Please. Dont trade our forwards. If we have to trade someone, let it be Varly/EJ (to get an upgrade, hard I know)/Barrie (for another core player).

But I wouldnt dump any. I'd like to see Roy fired. First time I think I said it publicly, but this isnt working.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Only way you can trade Duchene is if you get a 1D for him, and that would also be contingent on swapping EJ for a center. Otherwise our anemic offense goes from bad to much, much, worse. A team can't survive losing 3 top 6 centers in a short span unless there's a plan to immediately replace him.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
This feels like talking about trading Hall for a 1D. Again what team could afford to trade a bonafide no. 1 D for a player like Duchene?

Would Anaheim ever trade Lindholm? I don't think they would, but that is something i would explore.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
This feels like talking about trading Hall for a 1D. Again what team could afford to trade a bonafide no. 1 D for a player like Duchene?
No-one.

You can get someone like a Seth Jones who can become a 1D if everything falls into place, but more likely will become a solid #2-#3.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
So I assume Rantanen went the other way. Wonder if one of Redmond/NewBalls will too, seeing as they are redundant here.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Season is over, so no risk to calling up Zadorov now. Might as well try different pairings to see if they can work for next year. Agozzino is just a fill in... decent enough to play on the 4th line while saving a season on Rantanen's contract.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Would Anaheim ever trade Lindholm? I don't think they would, but that is something i would explore.

Duchene on his contact is a very attractive piece. He could fetch a top two if the pieces were to fall into place (like the player coming our way is slightly disliked by management).

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Duchene on his contact is a very attractive piece. He could fetch a top two if the pieces were to fall into place (like the player coming our way is slightly disliked by management).

that would open a giant hole at forward though. and may not save much cap space. lindholm is RFA. barrie/EJ would need to be traded for a forward, preferably cost-controlled. and add another forward too.

would be lot of movement.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
that would open a giant hole at forward though. and may not save much cap space. lindholm is RFA. barrie/EJ would need to be traded for a forward, preferably cost-controlled. and add another forward too.

would be lot of movement.

I am not saying that is the solution but if you trade Duchene then you move EJ/Barrie for a offensive piece (that is a major core change and would hopefully be accompanied by Iglina moving). The Avalanche are at a crossroads and if they want a change it will probably be bold and involving multiple deals. Duchene is also a UFA in 2 years and out of all the players in the league he would probably be the most likely to sign back with the team that traded him (although that chance is slim).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I've said it a million times now... Varly is the core piece that I think will be moved if the Avs go that direction. The cap savings and Picks being around makes it easier to replace Varly than any other core piece.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I am not saying that is the solution but if you trade Duchene then you move EJ/Barrie for a offensive piece (that is a major core change and would hopefully be accompanied by Iglina moving). The Avalanche are at a crossroads and if they want a change it will probably be bold and involving multiple deals. Duchene is also a UFA in 2 years and out of all the players in the league he would probably be the most likely to sign back with the team that traded him (although that chance is slim).

duchene has 3 years left on his contract after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad