Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
As much as I love Roy, Sakic, and Foote, I'm totally ready to cut the nepotism crap.

How often do you see teams fill their front office and coaching staff with complete strangers? You hire who you know, when it's time to clean house you just end up trading one nepotism for another.

We traded the Lacroix's and their circle (PL, EL, FG, Cloutier, Granato, Toccet, Quenneville, etc) for Sakic and Roy's circle (Allaire, Messonero, Tourigny, Foote, Clark, etc)

Actually I'd say they've been more open to go outside their circle to fill positions. McFarland and Farrish are examples of that. They didn't have any connections to Sakic or Roy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You don't know how Klefbom and Hamonic would impact one another. Could make each player better, could make each player worse. Can't really compare them as pairings other than as individual players imo, which is why I'd take Klefbom and Hamonic if given the choice.

True enough, but the way Beauch lets EJ impact the game is more than I can see Hamonic allowing Klef to.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
How often do you see teams fill their front office and coaching staff with complete strangers? You hire who you know, when it's time to clean house you just end up trading one nepotism for another.

We traded the Lacroix's and their circle (PL, EL, FG, Cloutier, Granato, Toccet, Quenneville, etc) for Sakic and Roy's circle (Allaire, Messonero, Tourigny, Foote, Clark, etc)

Actually I'd say they've been more open to go outside their circle to fill positions. McFarland and Farrish are examples of that. They didn't have any connections to Sakic or Roy.

I agree with this. Winning tends to make fans overlook certain things if there is enough of it.
As you said, in most cases, the new regime brings in their own close ties and utilizes those ties to shape the organization into their vision.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

Sakic and Roy are still part o Lacroix's "circle". We didnt trade ****.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Out of town and missing the game but unfortunately I'm able to see the scoreboard. Anyway I hoe we see Gormley, Everberg and Rendulic called up for the final stretch so we can at least see who we're offering contracts to. I know Gormley has sucked in the A but he was better than Bod and arguably Resmond in the NHL.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Doesn't sound like Gormley has taken his demotion the proper way. Dude doesn't deserve a chance.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No they aren't. They have a totally different approach and the only way they got hired was for the Lacroixs to all be fired.

It's the new version of the same circle. Hell, half of the org from before is still here. I agree everyone brings in their buddies, that's how sports circles work. But they haven't changed this one, it's only been refreshed.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What's there to evaluate with Gormley? I think they've seen all they needed to see, which is why he hasn't been back since.

As much as I'd like to see Zadorov and maybe some others up for the remaining games, I'd be surprised if it actually happens. They're not giving up until mathematically eliminated.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Do not trade Duchene. I just don't see how that helps at all. Yeah okay maybe he is an inconsistent player but he still had the most goals on the team by 8 goals this year. What does that say about the rest of your team that your most "inconsistent player" is leading by that much? Not to mention the his linemate situation was a mess all year long pretty much. There is also a very slim chance that he returns a #1 D-man so would we actually get better as a team? After trading him do they still expect to make the playoffs next season? What do they do if they miss then do they trade Mackinnon or Landeskog because they are disappointed that they couldn't carry the team on their backs?

I am also wondering like someone (I think TV) might have said maybe this whole trade a core player idea is just to cover up trading Barrie because they don't want to pay him.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Trading Duchene makes absolutely no sense. Guy had a career year and is the heart of this team. Trading him would be beyond stupid. Guys like Landeskog and Varly deserve the boot more.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Do not trade Duchene. I just don't see how that helps at all. Yeah okay maybe he is an inconsistent player but he still had the most goals on the team by 8 goals this year. What does that say about the rest of your team that your most "inconsistent player" is leading by that much? Not to mention the his linemate situation was a mess all year long pretty much. There is also a very slim chance that he returns a #1 D-man so would we actually get better as a team? After trading him do they still expect to make the playoffs next season? What do they do if they miss then do they trade Mackinnon or Landeskog because they are disappointed that they couldn't carry the team on their backs?

I am also wondering like someone (I think TV) might have said maybe this whole trade a core player idea is just to cover up trading Barrie because they don't want to pay him.

Yes that was me. I think Sakic floated it to Dater knowing he'd run with it. Create all this smoke so fans are basically expecting it. Otherwise everything else seems like a massive knee-jerk reaction.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Trading Duchene makes absolutely no sense. Guy had a career year and is the heart of this team. Trading him would be beyond stupid. Guys like Landeskog and Varly deserve the boot more.

Career year?

He's shown himself to be a inconsistent 60-65 pt centre that is at best mediocre defensively. If he's one of the top 2 forwards on the team, you have a terrible team.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I think this off season duchene mack and landeskog are safe. I like proposing duchene + trades as much as the next person both here and Twitter, but the fact of the matter is Sakic went looking down that path earlier this year and he did not like what he saw. Even if he comes back and lights it up for five games he is not landing an oel, Weber, Josi, etc.

I think management is going to take a look at trading one of Berra or pickard, one of ej and Berra, and depending on what free agency looks like I think they will go hard after drouin for their first + holden. I know a first + Holden is not what drouin was originally worth but him sleeping through his alarm is not helping.

Landeskog mack and duchene are not the problem. MacKinnon will figure it out, and landeskog has been a consistent 50+ 2nd line winger. Duchene although he gets in slumps is always motoring around and trying, and has a good contract. He is the perfect second line center.

Barrie is not putting up the points he should be for the contract Newport will most likely ask for, and EJ will play 90% of a game in beast mode and then make a brutal error and cost the game or he will get injured and lose his rhythm.

The avs do not need to blow it up but they do need to make a change.

Ideally they can ltir Stuart, and find a way to turn pieces that are not mack, lando, duchene, varlamov into hamonic and radulov. Hamonic can be a steady, smart right side precense to help zadorov. Zads will not reach his potential beside Barrie or ej.

If boedker can be had for 4.5 that's fine with me as him and mack have been good, but if he wants more I would rather pay radulov.

Either way Matthias/cormeau/iginla/mitchell can not all be on the roster next year, I can't see iginla going anywhere but it would be nice if he would.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think management is going to take a look at trading one of Berra or pickard, one of ej and Berra, and depending on what free agency looks like I think they will go hard after drouin for their first + holden. I know a first + Holden is not what drouin was originally worth but him sleeping through his alarm is not helping.

:laugh:
Yzerman should fire himself if that ever happens.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I think this off season duchene mack and landeskog are safe. I like proposing duchene + trades as much as the next person both here and Twitter, but the fact of the matter is Sakic went looking down that path earlier this year and he did not like what he saw. Even if he comes back and lights it up for five games he is not landing an oel, Weber, Josi, etc.

Landeskog mack and duchene are not the problem. MacKinnon will figure it out, and landeskog has been a consistent 50+ 2nd line winger. Duchene although he gets in slumps is always motoring around and trying, and has a good contract. He is the perfect second line center.

Barrie is not putting up the points he should be for the contract Newport will most likely ask for, and EJ will play 90% of a game in beast mode and then make a brutal error and cost the game or he will get injured and lose his rhythm.

The avs do not need to blow it up but they do need to make a change.

Ideally they can ltir Stuart, and find a way to turn pieces that are not mack, lando, duchene, varlamov into hamonic and radulov. Hamonic can be a steady, smart right side precense to help zadorov. Zads will not reach his potential beside Barrie or ej.

If boedker can be had for 4.5 that's fine with me as him and mack have been good, but if he wants more I would rather pay radulov.

Either way Matthias/cormeau/iginla/mitchell can not all be on the roster next year, I can't see iginla going anywhere but it would be nice if he would.

That is an interesting take on things. Our defense is still horrible and besides Barrie (and Bigras gets a pass as a rookie) they struggle to exit the defensive zone with the puck. We have trouble getting pinned in our own zone and our lack of puck movement in our d core makes that worse. EJ and Barrie are intresting choices to trade but I feel like if we are revamping the defense it makes more sense to trade Landeskog/Duchene if a young guaranteed top two is on the table (I would prefer Duchene since he has higher value and could come back via free agency).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Career year?

He's shown himself to be a inconsistent 60-65 pt centre that is at best mediocre defensively. If he's one of the top 2 forwards on the team, you have a terrible team.

Duchene would be a top 2 forward on probably 15-20 teams in the league.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Duchene would be a top 2 forward on probably 15-20 teams in the league.

teams where he's not a top 2 forward: hawks, pens, tampa, caps, stars, ducks, oilers, sharks.. then some teams that are arguable like the preds and flyers.

so yeah, i agree.

he would be top 2 F on the kings and would've been that on their 2 cup runs (though guys like brown in '12 and gaborik '14 were arguably better fits).

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If it isn't a coaching issue and it is a core issue, then you trade the core player(s) who isn't responding to the coach. It will be interesting to see who that is.

If Roy did light the team up during intermission #2 as Dater suggested, and if Roy has also done so in the past, there is clearly some players who aren't responding to him.

I still believe you try to change what is going on behind the bench before dismantling a core, but if the organization is committed to this group of coaches, then they need to rid themselves of the players who aren't committed to them, for the benefit both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad