Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If the Oilers core was as successful as our has been these three seasons under Roykic, there would be less talk of breaking their core up...and unlike the oilers we've already had to move a core piece out to better round out our team in the future. Nevermind our core being more well rounded to begin with with Landy, Varly, EJ and Barrie on board.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Wow, where have I been. Also, just looked it up, 103 I think is the correct number.

785d49584266631aefc56174a0659bde3cbf5af234fa4a609f4cd27c01b56e58.jpg

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
If the Oilers core was as successful as our has been these three seasons under Roykic, there would be less talk of breaking their core up...and unlike the oilers we've already had to move a core piece out to better round out our team in the future. Nevermind our core being more well rounded to begin with with Landy, Varly, EJ and Barrie on board.

Meh. Swap Varlamov/Pickard for Talbot/Nilsson and the teams would probably swap spots in the standings.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
from the previous thread

They should be trading one of their skilled forwards for a defenseman or a good two-way forward. All of their core players are the same (other than McDavid).

Avs already traded a core player for futures last offseason, which implied they might be patient. Instead, they could trade another core player this offseason if the team fails to make the playoffs. Oh and one of those core players who could be traded? It's just our captain and IMO, the only good two-way player left in the top six since Stastny and O'Reilly are already gone.

I agree, but it does serve as a reminder how hard it is to commit to moving a core piece. Avs didn't want to move ROR but were somewhat forced to.

There is quite a bit of questions I would love to pose this management and coaching group regarding their tenure so far, but the most I can hope for is waiting for an interview a decade or so from now to maybe get some deeper insight.

Also, Thanks to ArWKo for that Data in the last thread! I'm still perusing through it

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Meh. Swap Varlamov/Pickard for Talbot/Nilsson and the teams would probably swap spots in the standings.

Lol the Oilers' defence has really been something else though. Since 2006-2007 they haven't had any defensemen close to EJ/Barrie/Beauchemin. I don't know if any goalie would help that team. Trending in the right direction, though, with Klefbom/Davidson/Nurse/Sekera

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Except Nurse is getting so overplayed as a rookie that he's looking braindead.

If all 6 defensemen in October got hurt I still wouldn't have called up Nurse. I said it from the start but all my Oilers' fans friends said "Nurse is awesome he needs to be here!" and now they are realizing that Nurse looks so lost out there it could be disastrous. He's not physical, he's turning the puck over, he's nervous, they really aren't doing him any favours.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If all 6 defensemen in October got hurt I still wouldn't have called up Nurse. I said it from the start but all my Oilers' fans friends said "Nurse is awesome he needs to be here!" and now they are realizing that Nurse looks so lost out there it could be disastrous. He's not physical, he's turning the puck over, he's nervous, they really aren't doing him any favours.

They're basically doing everything I was afraid we'd do to screw Zads up.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What kind of contract do you guys think the Avs give Grigorenko this summer? He's become a pretty big part of our team the second half of this year, really done a good job gaining Patty's trust and has been producing at a decent clip lately for us also.

My guess is they sign him for 2 years at around 1.75-2M. I also really hope they can find a way to bring Boedker back for 4-4.5M. He's looked good here so far and I think he can be a regular 50-60 point guy playing in our Top 6 with better Centers then he had in ARI.

He'd be a cheaper option then the likes of Radulov/Eriksson/Okposo and give us more money to spend on Defense or Barrie/Mackinnon.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What kind of contract do you guys think the Avs give Grigorenko this summer? He's become a pretty big part of our team the second half of this year, really done a good job gaining Patty's trust and has been producing at a decent clip lately for us also.

My guess is they sign him for 2 years at around 1.75-2M. I also really hope they can find a way to bring Boedker back for 4-4.5M. He's looked good here so far and I think he can be a regular 50-60 point guy playing in our Top 6 with better Centers then he had in ARI.

He'd be a cheaper option then the likes of Radulov/Eriksson/Okposo and give us more money to spend on Defense or Barrie/Mackinnon.

2 Years, 1.5M per season is what I think Grigorenko will get and I think he'll jump at the opportunity to sign that kind of contract here. I believe he likes it here.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
2 Years, 1.5M per season is what I think Grigorenko will get and I think he'll jump at the opportunity to sign that kind of contract here. I believe he likes it here.

Ya, I think if they can get him for that number they should do it for sure. I'd even push for like 3 years if he'd sign for under 2M. Watching him play the last couple of weeks I think he's really starting to figure things out. Especially on the defensive side of the game. Has his stick at the right areas a lot of the time, and he seems so much more poised and calm with the puck then any other forward we have(Soderberg being the only exception I think).

Really think he's on the cusp of a breakout. Wouldn't surprised me in the least to see him put up 45-50 Point next year if he gets more Top 6 minutes. Liking him more and more, and I wasn't his biggest supporter a couple months ago.

It might actually be a better idea for the Avs to sign Mack to a bridge deal(2 or 3 years in the 4.5-5M range) this year instead of a long term deal. With the cap going down, we might have a hard time working the cap this summer if we end up signing Mack to a big 7-8M contract. At the same time, it would also mean potentially having to pay him 9-10M after that bridge, but by then the Canadian dollar should be recovered, and we may be looking at a cap that's north of 75M rather then the potentially south of 70 we'll see next year.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He has 3 RFA years left, you don't want to do 3 years. I like the proposed 2 x 1.5. It's kinda hard to predict, that's definitely role player money but he can't really ask for more until he has some points to ask for it.

MacK already said he doesn't want a bridge, I don't think that's a good idea to force him into it.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
He has 3 RFA years left, you don't want to do 3 years. I like the proposed 2 x 1.5. It's kinda hard to predict, that's definitely role player money but he can't really ask for more until he has some points to ask for it.

MacK already said he doesn't want a bridge, I don't think that's a good idea to force him into it.

When did Mack say this? How many years he wants? 7-8? I think signing Mack now would be good time, before his true breakthrough. . I'd pay 6,5 mil per year to get it done. Maybe even 7 mil.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
At what point do we consider moving Varly? I love him. But I actually can see Pickard being a better goalie long term.

It would leave a lot of cap space and we should be able to get a ton for him still.

Not necessarily saying I want it to happen. Because Varly is our best player like 75% of games but it's worth asking.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Lol the Oilers' defence has really been something else though. Since 2006-2007 they haven't had any defensemen close to EJ/Barrie/Beauchemin. I don't know if any goalie would help that team. Trending in the right direction, though, with Klefbom/Davidson/Nurse/Sekera

Exactly. Their defense is still terrible and remember their forwards are not that good defensively either. Their team is just terrible built, just for offense..

You need players like Landeskog, ROR, Stastny etc.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
At what point do we consider moving Varly? I love him. But I actually can see Pickard being a better goalie long term.

It would leave a lot of cap space and we should be able to get a ton for him still.

Not necessarily saying I want it to happen. Because Varly is our best player like 75% of games but it's worth asking.

Whenever a tandem of Pickard/Martin is good for a 1-2.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Whenever a tandem of Pickard/Martin is good for a 1-2.

Whenever Pickard is ready to take #1 spot. We can get veteran backup anytime. I dont think that will be problem. I'm not ready to trade Varly yet. Maybe after next season, If Pickard keeps his play up and Varly is so so. Obviously in the best case scenario Varly keeps playing awesome and Pickard is even better, then we could trade Varly for good value and keep Picks as #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille