Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'd do Holden for Yakupov's labrador.

Yakupov's stock has certainly gone down, but not that low.

Totally agree. I think our priorities should be:

+ Re-sign Boedker (if possible)
+ Re-sign Matthias (if possible)
+ Re-sign Mackinnon
+ Attempt to acquire Drouin
+ Trade Barrie for picks (if possible) - or in Drouin trade
+ Trade Grigorenko for picks (if possible) - or trade

Drouin - Mackinnon - Boedker
Landeskog - Duchene - Iginla
Matthias - Soderberg - Rantanen
Mcleod - Mitchell - Comeau
(Martinsen)

Beauchemin - Johnson
Zadorov - Holden
Gelinas - Bigras
(Stuart)

Varlamov
Pickard

We hold to that, until we can then offload Iginla, Stuart. Hopefully by then Rantanen has developed enough.

I realise the changes proposed above is nominal, and almost the same team as we have now.

+ I don't want to pay Barrie big coin for an offensive only D-man.
+ Grigorenko isn't cutting the mustard.
+ We'd be pushing the cap with the above roster anyways (thanks to Beauchemin's, Stuart's, Iginla's ridiculous contracts), so players like Radulov are completely out of the question.

Don't also get me wrong, that team will finish near the bottom of the league, but we are building towards to following season, where we can replace ageing vets with hopefully quality players.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
That defense without Barrie though... Awful. I don't think trading Barrie is an option.

How much Colorado would have to add to their 1st round pick to get Drouin? Let's assume our pick will be around 11-14.. What we need to add to get Drouin?

Last edited:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
http://www.suomikiekko.com/2016/03/...adulov-siirtymassa-leo-komarovin-nhl-seuraan/

Russian sources (Allhockey) are saying Radulov would move to Toronto after this season.

Personally I can't believe it would be true. Radulov is a winner and wants to win. What is he going to win with Toronto? They are horrible and middle of rebuild. It doesn't make any sense, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Obviously If he wants money, then... Who knows, maybe Toronto goes full ****** and signs Stamkos, Radulov in one off-season etc.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Please take away the captain's badge at Landeskog and trade him to anywhere, while that for him at least something normal can give.
He's just a piece of wood without a brain and a terrible captain.

The Captaincy would definitely be one more incentive the Avs could offer Radulov to get him to come over. Just don't know how much teams would give up for a brainless piece of wood who can't captain a terrible hockey club

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
So, we are complaining we have too many players with low hockey IQ, but people want Yakupov. Makes sense.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So, we are complaining we have too many players with low hockey IQ, but people want Yakupov. Makes sense.

You're actually right. But when a player with good upside becomes available for cheap it's hard to not write some underwhelming proposals on an internet forum on how your team can get him.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
it's likely that one of their defenseman is gone but about also pretty unlikely that that guy is lindholm.

Yes, i believe they would trade Fowler or Vatanen before they trade Lindholm.

Still, i would offer Duchene and see if they bite.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
You're actually right. But when a player with good upside becomes available for cheap it's hard to not write some underwhelming proposals on an internet forum on how your team can get him.

Yes, it is irresistible.

About your proposal, i guess Edmonton would rather get just a higher pick than a bunch of crap like Mitchell and Gelinas.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Totally agree. I think our priorities should be:

+ Re-sign Boedker (if possible)
+ Re-sign Matthias (if possible)
+ Re-sign Mackinnon
+ Attempt to acquire Drouin
+ Trade Barrie for picks (if possible) - or in Drouin trade
+ Trade Grigorenko for picks (if possible) - or trade

Drouin - Mackinnon - Boedker
Landeskog - Duchene - Iginla
Matthias - Soderberg - Rantanen
Mcleod - Mitchell - Comeau
(Martinsen)

Beauchemin - Johnson
Zadorov - Holden
Gelinas - Bigras
(Stuart)

Varlamov
Pickard

We hold to that, until we can then offload Iginla, Stuart. Hopefully by then Rantanen has developed enough.

I realise the changes proposed above is nominal, and almost the same team as we have now.

+ I don't want to pay Barrie big coin for an offensive only D-man.
+ We'd be pushing the cap with the above roster anyways (thanks to Beauchemin's, Stuart's, Iginla's ridiculous contracts), so players like Radulov are completely out of the question.

Don't also get me wrong, that team will finish near the bottom of the league, but we are building towards to following season, where we can replace ageing vets with hopefully quality players.

Trade Grigorenko because he isn't cutting the mustard but pick up Drouin because he's small, he got suspended for failing to report to the farm club and then he overslept? I'm not opposed to Drouin. Just saying he hasn't done a lot either.

Actually, Grigorenko is coming along quite nicely and IIRC, MacK had said at the beginning of the season that he wanted to be line mates with him.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
tumblr_inline_o1op7aXLig1sutuim_500.jpg

Nickelodeon-s-Catdog-catdog-36878799-300-202.png

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Yakupov is more enigmatic than low IQ in my opinion. He's got the ability to play and he knows where to play for the most part, he just won't ever be a 2-way threat or someone that has intense chemistry because it's difficult to figure out what he's planning to do with the puck... sometimes I don't think he even knows.

With that said, this team definitely has enough spuds in the lineup for me. Gelinas, Holden, Redmond, Bodnarchuk (that's just on defense!). Comeau, McLeod (sort of, he's gotten better), Mitchell (sort of, he's gotten better). I'll get torched for it, but MacK's hockey awareness is underwhelming for a #1 overall, I have hope he'll still mature like Duchene did, but even Duchy's was better at the same age.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Yakupov is more enigmatic than low IQ in my opinion. He's got the ability to play and he knows where to play for the most part, he just won't ever be a 2-way threat or someone that has intense chemistry because it's difficult to figure out what he's planning to do with the puck... sometimes I don't think he even knows.

With that said, this team definitely has enough spuds in the lineup for me. Gelinas, Holden, Redmond, Bodnarchuk (that's just on defense!). Comeau, McLeod (sort of, he's gotten better), Mitchell (sort of, he's gotten better). I'll get torched for it, but MacK's hockey awareness is underwhelming for a #1 overall, I have hope he'll still mature like Duchene did, but even Duchy's was better at the same age.

We have a lot more pressing needs than an scoring forward, let alone an "enigmatic" one.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We have a lot more pressing needs than an scoring forward, let alone an "enigmatic" one.

I dont think we do have a more pressing need than a scoring forward.

I think that's what we're lacking the most. We dont have enough Top 6 forwards as it is currently.

Our Defense pretty much is what it is. We have 3/4 Top 4 Dmen, and between Zadorov and Bigras the hope is one of them will become the 4/4 next year, and Holden can be put down to the 3rd pairing where he'd likely find more success. Goaltending is definitely set as it currently stands.

Offensively, we only have Dutchy, Mack, Landy, Soderberg and maybe Grigorenko(I think he's ideally a 3rd liner at least right now). Iggy isn't a Top 6 player anymore, Comeau never was. Mitchell never was. Martinsen likely never will. If we bring back Boedker, then a scoring forward is less of a need. But if not, I think out biggest move this summer should be finding the right Top 6 forward to play on a line with Dutchy.

Mack and Landy play well together already, and if you add Soderberg to that line you've got a great line. But Duchene right now is stuck carrying a dinosaur and has struggled a little because of it. Ideally, IMO for next year we should be looking at these lines:

Landy - Mack - Soderberg
Iggy - Duchene - XXX
Comeau - Greg - Matthias(Or Rantanen if not Matthias)
McCleod - Mitchell - Whoever

Duchene is likely still stuck carrying Iggy for one more year, unless we trade him. But if we can add a good Top 6 winger to play with him, it'd make his job a lot easier and make that line a lot better. I keep thinking Loui Eriksson is the ideal guy for that role, but others could fill that spot as well.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Depends on the cost and the opportunity cost. I have my doubt on this team adding a big ticket forward as it is but I get he'd have to go in the project bin and not thought of as an immediate top 6.

Sure, if you can get him for almost nothing or, better yet, a pile of crap, why not?

But i would rather have Sakic concentrate on improving the D.

Furthermore, this team needs more proven performers and less projects.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sure, if you can get him for almost nothing or, better yet, a pile of crap, why not?

But i would rather have Sakic concentrate on improving the D.

Furthermore, this team needs more proven performers and less projects.

You know, one thing about Radulov is that he hates to lose and is very passionate much like Roy was when he played.

We could actually use some of that to be honest.

I think beyond his skill set, that's probably what gets me the most excited about the possibility.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
You know, one thing about Radulov is that he hates to lose and is very passionate much like Roy was when he played.

We could actually use some of that to be honest.

I think beyond his skill set, that's probably what gets me the most excited about the possibility.

Actually, we were talking about Yakupov, not Radulov.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure what some expect from Landy? He can't will this team to play better defence, get players to score more or make Roy a better coach.

His track record as leader is well documented, even though the C was thrust upon him too early he's not a bad captain. Not my first choice given the time but what's done is done and that doesn't change what he is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad