Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
This team needs more FWDs that can also defend. The last thing they need is Yakupov. If people are complaining about Iginla, wait to see Yakupov.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Actually, we were talking about Yakupov, not Radulov.

Oh, yeah I don't really want to pay the cost for Yak personally.

We really don't need it either with Rantanen developing, one is enough. The guy we bring in should either be Boedker or Radulov, or another experienced top six winger IMO.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Oh, yeah I don't really want to pay the cost for Yak personally.

We really don't need it either with Rantanen developing, one is enough. The guy we bring in should either be Boedker or Radulov, or another experienced top six winger IMO.

Agree, we have enough "projects" with Rantanen and Grigorenko as it is, not to mention we are still waiting for MacKinnon to take the next step.

I think Eriksson would be the better fit out of the top UFA's in terms of skill set, but he will probably cost a lot more than Boedker.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Totally agree. I think our priorities should be:

+ Trade Barrie for picks (if possible) - or in Drouin trade
+ Trade Grigorenko for picks (if possible) - or trade

Beauchemin - Johnson
Zadorov - Holden
Gelinas - Bigras
(Stuart)

:laugh:

So we're trading Barrie for draft picks now "if possible"? Disgusting

Grigorenko isn't cutting it? He's playing just fine if you ask me.

That defence corps though. Yuck. Nick Holden STILL as a top-4 defensemen and, worse, paired with Zadorov? Dear god :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Agree, we have enough "projects" with Rantanen and Grigorenko as it is, not to mention we are still waiting for MacKinnon to take the next step.

I think Eriksson would be the better fit out of the top UFA's in terms of skill set, but he will probably cost a lot more than Boedker.

I agree, but his age is a little more scary than Boedker.

Radulov wouldn't really be a long term commitment either IMO. Probably a one year deal followed by a two or three year if it works.

Eriksson would probably be 6x6, and Boedker would probably be closer to 5x5.

:laugh:

So we're trading Barrie for draft picks now "if possible"? Disgusting

Grigorenko isn't cutting it? He's playing just fine if you ask me.

That defence corps though. Yuck. Nick Holden STILL as a top-4 defensemen and, worse, paired with Zadorov? Dear god :laugh:

Uh, yeah he has 9 points in his last 18 games.

Hes slowed down a bit offensively since we lost Duchene. However we should know full well that Greg's production is going to depend heavily on his line-mates since he relies mainly on his play-making ability.

.500 is a pretty good rate considering his age and development path.

I think most people can believe he'd have hit around 40 points if he played with skilled line mates for the majority of the season.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If our coaching staff hasn't gotten MacKinnon to play smarter in three years, why would you want Yakupov who is genuinely hockey dumb? He's mostly clueless on the ice, almost always being in the wrong spot.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You know, one thing about Radulov is that he hates to lose and is very passionate much like Roy was when he played.

We could actually use some of that to be honest.

I think beyond his skill set, that's probably what gets me the most excited about the possibility.

Agreed I'd love to see him and Matt attached at the hip with Greg/Mikko/MacK alternating as the third guy on that line, letting Rads rub off on them. I love watching him play because of that infectious passion.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Agreed I'd love to see him and Matt attached at the hip with Greg/Mikko/MacK alternating as the third guy on that line, letting Rads rub off on them. I love watching him play because of that infectious passion.

He is kind of an early Ovi type all or nothing though, he has his dead controller moments. However they are usually in stuff like the WC or when games don't matter.

I also think our team is experienced enough and has other good leaders, so any dumb **** he pulls will not be taken example of to be honest.

He's also less likely to have those moments with Roy as his coach.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't want to say I'm happy because we might be in a similar position soon but I'd rather Vesey become good in Toronto than Nashville.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That's an awful thing in the CBA IMO and something needs to be done about it.

I mean as an Avs fan I like that Vessey is leaving the division, but that's terrible for the Preds and other teams that have had this happen to them. It should not be possible for this to happen.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think its complete BS and it pisses me off. NCAA players should not be eligible for the draft until they decide to go pro. Its a complete joke that teams waste their picks on these guys. A player actually gets developed into something special and its too bad for you. Plus this seems to happen to those teams like Nashville and Columbus a bit more often than some others.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
That's an awful thing in the CBA IMO and something needs to be done about it.

I mean as an Avs fan I like that Vessey is leaving the division, but that's terrible for the Preds and other teams that have had this happen to them. It should not be possible for this to happen.

This does need to be addressed. We're seeing it way too often that these higher end college kids are screwing the team that drafted them.

We have two solid college guys in Compher and Butcher that could easily pull this crap on us and screw us over.

These college kids shouldn't have any option other than to either sign with the team that drafted them or not play. None of this UFA crap. The team that drafts them should have some power.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think its complete BS and it pisses me off. NCAA players should not be eligible for the draft until they decide to go pro. Its a complete joke that teams waste their picks on these guys. A player actually gets developed into something special and its too bad for you. Plus this seems to happen to those teams like Nashville and Columbus a bit more often than some others.

This

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Exactly these guys are thinking why should I play in Nashville, when I could play in a big time market like Toronto or NY or Chicago etc.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Eh. Management shouldn't have agreed to have it in the CBA. Since it is in the CBA, teams just need to treat the NCAA-factor the way they do the russian-factor.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I don't want to say I'm happy because we might be in a similar position soon but I'd rather Vesey become good in Toronto than Nashville.

I will echo TV's statements that it's really bad...because now Toronto (and I'm only speculating, but it seems like he'll be Toronto bound. Would be surprised if it's elsewhere) will reap 100% of the reward, and Nashville will get nothing.

Perhaps in the future this can be rectified by making the team signing the NCAA UFA give up a draft pick in the round after the one he was drafted? Just spitballing, but then at least the team that drafted him doesn't get nothing.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Eh. Management shouldn't have agreed to have it in the CBA. Since it is in the CBA, teams just need to treat the NCAA-factor the way they do the russian-factor.

There's a lot of things that need to be changed in the next CBA. But sure teams better be wary about it. I'm not even that worried about Russians, especially ones that are playing here already. Mironov is a risk and one that I'd accept, especially if he just prefers playing in the KHL than playing a game just to go to a different NHL team.

And on top of it Vesey wrote that ridiculous Players Tribune article about how he just loves college so much and just wasn't ready to turn pro because he wanted the full experience. Don't insult us with that BS, man. Its his right to do this, so just do it but that was unnecessary.

The first rounders probably don't want to go to school for 4 years and late rounders are long shots anyway but I really don't want any part of like 2-4 round NCAA players.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not that anyone still expects Vesey to sign with the Preds but I think Poile's comments on the situation basically confirm that now. He's not happy. I don't really blame him either.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't mind that the CBA has that rule for the NCAA, but you shouldn't be eligible to sign for a year IMO. If you want to become a UFA, you can't play in either the ECHL, AHL, or NHL until next August.

Thankfully Greer left
Yeah because you know Vesey = Greer. Such ignorance.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't mind that the CBA has that rule for the NCAA, but you shouldn't be eligible to sign for a year IMO. If you want to become a UFA, you can't play in either the ECHL, AHL, or NHL until next August.

Yeah because you know Vesey = Greer. Such ignorance.

You can't say it wouldn't have been the same situation in 3 years. There's nothing ignorant about it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You can't say it wouldn't have been the same situation in 3 years. There's nothing ignorant about it.

And you can't say it would. It's all heresay without any factional evidence. So yes it is VERY ignorant to say that Greer left the NCAA is good in terms of UFA eligibility, especially when he has zero evidence if AJ would have ever been that type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad