Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bob McKenzie was on TSN's Insider Trading talking about Cal and Nolan Foote signing on to play for Kelowna, and he said with both kids there it might not be too much time before Adam and his wife move to Kelowna.

Not clear if he was just speculating/joking or if he's heard that might happen, but obviously that would probably put an end to any in season defensive coaching Adam does with the Avs.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Bob McKenzie was on TSN's Insider Trading talking about Cal and Nolan Foote signing on to play for Kelowna, and he said with both kids there it might not be too much time before Adam and his wife move to Kelowna.

Not clear if he was just speculating/joking or if he's heard that might happen, but obviously that would probably put an end to any in season defensive coaching Adam does with the Avs.

That might not be a bad thing

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That might not be a bad thing

I don't know I think Footes probably a good teacher on fundamentals and little tricks of the trade defensively. I don't think he can do anything to fix this defense, and he's not the main guy either. I think they managed to do a lot with AHLers like Guenin and Holden in (albeit) brief spurts actually.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I don't know I think Footes probably a good teacher on fundamentals and little tricks of the trade defensively. I don't think he can do anything to fix this defense, and he's not the main guy either. I think they managed to do a lot with AHLers like Guenin and Holden in (albeit) brief spurts actually.

As much as I love Roy, Sakic, and Foote, I'm totally ready to cut the nepotism crap.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
staple (NYI beat writer, has solid sources) said among other things that hamonic would be traded for a forward. not defenseman,

- either staple wasn't that well connected earlier when the indication was that they wanted physical D like hamonic in that trade.

- snow's opinion has changed after having been able to look at the market for months.

- looming expansion draft changed this for the isles (they don't want to use another protection spot on D and go 7F, 3D).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Trade Hall for Hamonic if you have to. Lose the trade in terms of value, sure. But you're not going to improve your team just stagnating. Draisaitl however won't be a player they move.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
The avs can trade one of their forwards for hamonic, then trade Barrie for drouin and then trade.....I've got nothing.

Hamonic sekeras would be the best worst first pairing nhl d in the league.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The avs can trade one of their forwards for hamonic, then trade Barrie for drouin and then trade.....I've got nothing.

Hamonic sekeras would be the best worst first pairing nhl d in the league.

Klefbom plays on their 1st pairing and a 1st pairing of Klefbom-Hamonic would actually be quite good. I'd prefer it to Beauchemin-EJ, though I prefer EJ as a standalone player above all.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Klefbom plays on their 1st pairing and a 1st pairing of Klefbom-Hamonic would actually be quite good. I'd prefer it to Beauchemin-EJ, though I prefer EJ as a standalone player above all.

It would be good, but I'd still take Beauch-Kondor ahead of it if only for EJ. If we didn't have Woody coming up as Beauch is slowing down it may be different, but in the short run I take our top pairing, and we've got cover for the long run.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It would be good, but I'd still take Beauch-Kondor ahead of it if only for EJ. If we didn't have Woody coming up as Beauch is slowing down it may be different, but in the short run I take our top pairing, and we've got cover for the long run.

The way I look at it is like this:

1) EJ
2) Hamonic
3) Klefbom (Soon to overtake Hamonic as #2)
4) Beauchemin

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The way I look at it is like this:

1) EJ
2) Hamonic
3) Klefbom (Soon to overtake Hamonic as #2)
4) Beauchemin

I'd already pick Klef over Hamonic, and think the gap from EJ to Klef/Hamonic/Beauch is bigger than the gap between the three of them.

And even slowed down and tired, Beauch is a great fit next to EJ who lets him thrive, which is more impactful as a unit than Klef & Hamonic could allow one another to be.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd already pick Klef over Hamonic, and think the gap from EJ to Klef/Hamonic/Beauch is bigger than the gap between the three of them.

And even slowed down and tired, Beauch is a great fit next to EJ who lets him thrive, which is more impactful as a unit than Klef & Hamonic could allow one another to be.

You don't know how Klefbom and Hamonic would impact one another. Could make each player better, could make each player worse. Can't really compare them as pairings other than as individual players imo, which is why I'd take Klefbom and Hamonic if given the choice.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
That's, like a lot from NYI perspective isn't it?

Maybe but Strome only has like 24 pts this year... Yeah i was shocked at that too. And they have Barzal chomping at the bits. Another year of development and he can step right in as Strome's replacement.
I mean I get that Hamonic is a youngish D on a great contract but the value just isnt right for a top 10 winger like Hall. However you may feel about him , he is not the problem in EDM, He did his job.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I blame the GM for the Oiler's woes. Their blueline and goaltending just doesn't compare to the unreal forward corps they have, and they're wasting all the talent there. They need to make the ballsy move and trade Hall or someone similar for a true #1 defenseman, and if they draw another top 3 pick this year they cannot pick a forward with it. Picking the BPA (nearly always a forward) is what got them into this mess. Either trade that top 3 pick for a blueliner or an elite goaltender or pick Chychrun or somebody else with it. But they've neglected their defense for too long and they won't fix it without a drastic shift in focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad