Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Why are you guys scoffing at that return, they got two mid-round picks back for Stone, that's good quantity especially with the 2018 draft expected to have good depth. Better to ship the guy out and find your return to then focus on other deals rather than hassling over 3rd round pick vs 2nd.

I like Chayka, pro-active GM that's actively rebuilding and has been collecting futures since he came in.

Also that Fabbro to Barrie comparison is pretty bad. The people making that comparison in the first place are assuming Barrie's a great offensive puck-moving dman who's competent defensively. They wouldn't make that comparison if they know Barrie struggles at passing or finding a shot and is terrible positionally. Fabbro doesn't have the same hype as McAvoy but a lot of scouts expected him to be better than McAvoy going into that last draft, he's worth pushing hard for.

The 3rd is 2017, and 5th is 2018

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Posted the whole sportsnet article on Fabbro before but no one reacted...if the following is true, why do we want him again?

Ymjb1EF.png

And he's a RHD to boot...do you guys want to trade Duchene for him mainly because you think Jost would like to play with him?

How the hell do you compare Fabbro to Barrie and then go on to praise his two way game?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The 3rd is 2017, and 5th is 2018

I know and I'm fine with that. I'd honestly be pushing for 2018 picks over 2017 ones to see if any short-sighted GMs bite and pay a higher 2018 one than they do a 2017.

These scouting lists vary so much that you're always gonna have a guy that's still there in the 5th round that might have been expected to go in the 3rd on your team's list.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I know and I'm fine with that. I'd honestly be pushing for 2018 picks over 2017 ones to see if any short-sighted GMs bite and pay a higher 2018 one than they do a 2017.

These scouting lists vary so much that you're always gonna have a guy that's still there in the 5th round that might have been expected to go in the 3rd on your team's list.

I see your point, but with the value of defense, and all of the teams still in the hunt, it's not unreasonable to think that value seems a little low.

I don't see anyone saying AZ got fleeced or anything.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
At least we now know team can, in fact, trade. I was starting to think there was some weird sort of Stout Month trade freeze in effect.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Meh, I think that deal has more to do with both Arizona and Calgary knowing Michael Stone is going to test free agency. The Coyotes probably knew with 100% certainty that, barring extreme overpayment, Stone wasn't re-signing.

Plus, it isn't deadline day yet. I don't have high hopes for Bourque, Mitchell or Wiercioch being traded, but I definitely see both Iginla and Tyutin being dealt. I believe we'll get a 2nd for Iginla based on name-value alone, and that Tyutin will get a 4th.

Maybe there's an outside shot at Mitchell being traded but given the season he's had, I doubt it. Although a team who is looking for a 4th line centre with good face-off ability may come calling and honestly if they're offering a 6th/7th I'd accept.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Posted the whole sportsnet article on Fabbro before but no one reacted...if the following is true, why do we want him again?

Ymjb1EF.png

And he's a RHD to boot...do you guys want to trade Duchene for him mainly because you think Jost would like to play with him?

I'd make the deal that JoemAvs suggested (it's the same one that I suggested a few weeks back http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=127589837&postcount=877) because I'm such a huge fan of both Fabbro and Fiala. If you can get a guy that is a LHD and can play top-4, and prospects like Fiala & Fabbro - you're essentially getting everything you need to improve NOW and for the future.

Fabbro doesn't play the game like Barrie...apart from them both being right-handed, I think the comparison ends there.

Barrie likes to carry the puck up the ice, use his speed and dangle...a lot. Fabbro makes good passes out of the zone, great decisions with the puck and can find teammates due to excellent vision. I had him ranked 7th last year...love this kid :

#7 – Dante Fabbro, RD – Penticton, BCHL
TSN – #16
Central Scouting – #18 NAS
ISS – #19
Craig Button – #16
McKeens – #24
THN – #17

NHL COMPARABLE : Kevin Shattenkirk
POTENTIAL : Top-3 Offensive D-Man
CEILING: #2 Defenseman
FLOOR: #4 Defenseman

Hands down, my favourite prospect out of this year’s draft. Out of all of the players in this draft, apart from the top 3 guys, this guy is the one prospect I’d be the most shocked if he didn’t develop into a solid top-3 guy. I believe the floor on this particular player is very high. I’d put it at middle pairing with the possibility to become a top pairing d-man someday.

Fabbro is an elite puck distributor and has excellent vision and superior hockey sense. He has a knack for just finding guys whether that’s on the Power Play or 5-on-5 with a perfect pass, right on the tape that you just don’t see normally with players this age outside of the top-10 of a draft class. While he’s only average in size and a ‘good’ but not great skater, his smarts + instincts make up for any deficiencies in that regard.

For me his comparable is Kevin Shattenkirk and I think that’s pretty fitting. I could see Fabbro not being as good offensively but perhaps better defensively thanks to excellent decision-making and positioning. While most won’t be able to find a place for him inside the top-10, I couldn’t keep him out of my top-10 because he’s just too damn good. In fact, I’m not even certain Fabbro himself realizes how good he can even be.

http://www.thehockeyprospector.com/2016/06/24/7-dante-fabbro-rd/

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Why would they trade both Fabbro and Ekholm? That's a fleecing first of all second I dunno what the point of them acquiring Duchene to compete now is if they lose an important dman like Ekholm who could help them win a cup this spring.

Fabbro + 1st + Fiala would be god enough for me. I'd even take Girard plus maybe a mid-round 2018 pick and let them keep Fiala as we have some other players with the same or higher potential than Fiala and those type aren't as hard to find as well-developing dmen.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Why would they trade both Fabbro and Ekholm? That's a fleecing first of all second I dunno what the point of them acquiring Duchene to compete now is if they lose an important dman like Ekholm who could help them win a cup this spring.

Fabbro + 1st + Fiala would be god enough for me. I'd even take Girard plus maybe a mid-round 2018 pick and let them keep Fiala as we have some other players with the same or higher potential than Fiala and those type aren't as hard to find as well-developing dmen.

I do like Fabbro, and I'm intrigued by Fiala, but I want more. And while Ekholm is a bit older than prefered, he is quite good and signed to a very nice contract. So yeah, screw it, I want all 4.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
How is the Mironov prospect in KHL? I heard that management had spoken to him in coming to play for Avs. He is already 23 years old and has 4 seasons under his belt in KHL. I was reading some things on him and he seems to be a very good stay at home defensive D man and just like Zads, loves to play a physical game. Maybe he will be a steal of a 4th rounder for us soon?

bear16

Dec 20, 2013
Here's a fun little MTL-PHI-COL "ménage à trois" offered up on the main board for your enjoyment:

Chucky + Sergachev + 2nd + Cap Dump for Giroux + Streit = Enjoy your cup MTL.

Flyers then flip Sergachev + 1st for Duchene = Here's your rebuild COL.

PHI Gets: Chucky, Duchene, MTL 2nd

MTL gets: Giroux

Col gets: Sergachev, PHI 1st.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Here's a fun little MTL-PHI-COL "ménage à trois" offered up on the main board for your enjoyment:

Chucky + Sergachev + 2nd + Cap Dump for Giroux + Streit = Enjoy your cup MTL.

Flyers then flip Sergachev + 1st for Duchene = Here's your rebuild COL.

PHI Gets: Chucky, Duchene, MTL 2nd

MTL gets: Giroux

Col gets: Sergachev, PHI 1st.

Sergachev + 1st isn't enough for Duchene.

bear16

Dec 20, 2013
Sergachev + 1st isn't enough for Duchene.

What?! He clearly stated "Here's your rebuild COL", so that must mean that this trade fixes ALL the Avs problems and who would know better what COL needs in a rebuild than a Flyers fan? :sarcasm:

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Would have been so much easier if Fabbro fell 2 more spots in the '16 draft to the Isles.

Then it could have been Barzal + Fabbro + 1st. Although I'm not sure they do that. :laugh:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
FWIW radio sports guys in QC are saying Bergevin is on the hot seat. Some people were ok with Galchenyuk + Sergachev + 1st for Dutchy. :nod:

Who in the hell from MTL was ok with that package? :laugh::laugh:

Sakic should win GM of the year if he pulls that trade off.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
FWIW radio sports guys in QC are saying Bergevin is on the hot seat. Some people were ok with Galchenyuk + Sergachev + 1st for Dutchy. :nod:

Uh...well if they want to get screwed that badly, I won't complain :laugh:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I wouldn't mind taking a bit less on the 2nd piece from the Isles (ex: MDC vs Barzal) if it meant they could sneak Bellows in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad