Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not sure what I would actually want from Anaheim...a lot of intriguing prospects, but none of their young prospect defensmen really check the boxes. Manson is proven, but there is no offensive upside there. I can't see him being more than a high quality #4 defensman type. Theodore has struggled at the NHL level. Montour could be a good one, but he's an offensive defensman, probably more of a Vatanen / Barrie type. I know next to nothing about Jacob Larsson other than what I've read, but apparently he's a pretty good prospect. We do know Sakic was at one of their games, so as little sense as Vatanen makes, I do wonder if he was looking at him (or maybe Montour I suppose, but the cap has to balance out for Anaheim). Maybe Sakic would consider something like Vatanen+1st+one of Anaheim's defensive prospects for Duchene. Not that I want Vatanen, even if Barrie is moved.

I also think Anaheim should be / would be pursuing Duchene, not Landeskog. They need an infusion of offensive creativity over there.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Theoretically, if these were offered, which one would you choose for Duchene?

Murray + PLD + 1st
Hamonic + Barzal + 1st
Ceci + Chabot/White + 1st
Sergachev + Lehkonen + 1st
Ekholm + Fabbro + Fiala + 1st
Hanifin + 1st or Slavin/Faulk (Straight Up)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Good point...and we could actually use Bernier this year as a bonus. Is it me or Ducks fans were very high on Theodore last year but for some reason they don't seem as high on him this year? Any explanation?

Classic course of the prospect ;) He went from being a prospect doing quite well in the AHL, showing promise in a brief stint in the NHL and getting everyone excited about how he'd take the 'next step', and then the reality is that when he begins the season there are growing pains and struggles, and suddenly you don't have the young top four defensman you hoped for but rather a young player who makes poor decisions sometimes and is figuring the NHL out. I've seen him a few times this year and he's still at least 1-2 years away in my opinion from being able to potentially be a top four NHL defensman.

Not a prospect I would want as a key part of a return, incidentally. I want the Avs to pursue steady, defense first two way defenders.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Murray + PLD + 1st
Hamonic + Barzal + 1st

I'd probably choose the Carolina one, if it were Hanifin + 1st (because that 1st would be the highest offered)...but I really don't think Carolina is going to make any move at this point.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013

Murray + PLD + 1st
Hamonic + Barzal + 1st

5th Murray + PLD + 1st
6th Hamonic + Barzal + 1st
3rd Ceci + Chabot/White + 1st
2nd Sergachev + Lehkonen + 1st
4th Ekholm + Fabbro + Fiala + 1st
1st Hanifin + 1st or Slavin/Faulk

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

I'd probably choose the Carolina one, if it were Hanifin + 1st (because that 1st would be the highest offered)...but I really don't think Carolina is going to make any move at this point.

He listed 3 options for Carolina.

Personally I'd go for Slavin straight up I guess. Although Hanifin + possible lottery pick is tempting.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Personally I'd go for Slavin straight up I guess.

Yeah, that's why I said the Hanifin + 1st...but I also do like Slavin, so that one would be awfully nice too (even though I personally believe he tops out as an elite #2, that's still a top-pairing D-man)

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

Personally I'd go for Slavin straight up I guess. Although Hanifin + possible lottery pick is tempting.

Was really impressed by Slavin during the Canes game. Carolina would probably trade Hanifin + 1st or Faulk before him though.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Murray + PLD + 1st
Hamonic + Barzal + 1st

(I hope other team fans aren't reading our board) :laugh:

In that order:

1- Slavin
2- Hanifin + 1st
3- Ceci + Chabot + 1st
4- Sergachev + Lehkonen + 1st
5- Hamonic + Barzal + 1st
7- Ekholm + Fabbro + Fiala + 1st
8- Murray + PLD + 1st
9- Faulk

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Murray + PLD + 1st
Hamonic + Barzal + 1st

I'd take that NSH trade wihtout thinking twice. Ekholm and EJ immediately forms a very reliable top pairing that can play big minutes. That allows the team to let the youngsters develop organically, while at the same time it's not like Ekholm and EJ are ancient. On top of that, you get Fabbro and Fiala, both of which are very solid prospects.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

Murray + PLD + 1st
Hamonic + Barzal + 1st

1a. Slavin
1b. Hanifin + 1st

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
5th Murray + PLD + 1st
6th Hamonic + Barzal + 1st
3rd Ceci + Chabot/White + 1st
2nd Sergachev + Lehkonen + 1st
4th Ekholm + Fabbro + Fiala + 1st
1st Hanifin + 1st or Slavin/Faulk

I'm probably the only one here, but I'd prefer the isles package the most out of any of the listed.

If the avs want to rebuild, you could flip harmonic for a younger dman and barzal is a great forward prospect.

If they want to try to be competitive, Harmonic is a great option to put beside Barrie next year and barzal is still a great forward prospect.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Murray + PLD + 1st
Hamonic + Barzal + 1st

Ideally, Slavin or Faulk straight up. Quality over quantity.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Murray + PLD + 1st
Hamonic + Barzal + 1st

1. Hanifin + 1st or Slavin. Would like one more piece but 1st here will be high and I'd do Slavin straight up.
2. Sergachev package
3. Chabot package. Wouldn't even do it if it's White instead tho
4. Columbus package. Close with Isles but PLD slightly edges Barzal and only 3 year to UFA on Hamonic
5. Isles package
6. Preds package

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Ideally, Slavin or Faulk straight up. Quality over quantity.

I would usually do that but the Avs depth is so bad and the prospect pool needs so much help that I take the quantity deal here which is the Nashville one (plus I really like Fabbro).

Tbh, I don't think we'll get anything like those deals. We'll get back something better than what the main board things but worse than what our board things.

Of course I'm in the camp of move and be done with so to me something good is better than holding out for something great and getting nothing.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
1. Hanifin + 1st or Slavin. Would like one more piece but 1st here will be high and I'd do Slavin straight up.
2. Sergachev package
3. Chabot package. Wouldn't even do it if it's White instead tho
4. Columbus package. Close with Isles but PLD slightly edges Barzal and only 3 year to UFA on Hamonic
5. Isles package
6. Preds package

Faulk?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
People are yet to tell me, if we trade Landy, who are top two left wingers are going to be.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

Murray + PLD + 1st
Hamonic + Barzal + 1st

1-Dubois+Murray+1st(this one would never happen but my top choice AINEC)
2-Hanifin+1st
3-Slavin
4-Chabot package
5-Sergachev package
6-Hamonic package
7-Faulk
8-Ekholm package

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
People are yet to tell me, if we trade Landy, who are top two left wingers are going to be.

The plan (I think) is to build a proper D first and worry about the top 6 later (built around Mack, Rants, Jost and 2017 1st pick).

bear16

Dec 20, 2013
Crap! Now Z is out for the remainder of the season with a fractured ankle suffered in a collision with Rantanen in practice of all things! Ugh! This is an ongoing **** show.

That really sucks. Not so much for the team, as the season's been over for a while now. It really sucks for Zadorov's development. Damn injuries!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I would usually do that but the Avs depth is so bad and the prospect pool needs so much help that I take the quantity deal here which is the Nashville one (plus I really like Fabbro).

Tbh, I don't think we'll get anything like those deals. We'll get back something better than what the main board things but worse than what our board things.

Of course I'm in the camp of move and be done with so to me something good is better than holding out for something great and getting nothing.

Is the prospect pool really that bad though? As far as the under 25 crew goes, for top six forwards we would have MacK, Landy, Rantanen, Jost, and the 2017 1st, for defense we'd have Zadorov, Bigras, Meloche, Barrie, Slavin/Faulk, and the bottom six would have Greer, Compher, Beaudin, Nantel, Morrison, Henley. Plus the rest of the 2017 draft class which would hopefully include an extra couple of top 100 picks from rental sales. Overall, not a bad pool for our needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad