Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I really don't like Sherbak and McCarron as pieces in a Sergy deal. McCarron is way too slow and Sherbak is a big risk IMO as he is not a Bednar type of player.

What's a Bednar type of player ?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Agree with TV. If we get the main piece we're after, make it work. If some like Sergachev is the main piece we're after, don't torpedo the deal because the Grigorenko piece isn't sufficient.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Anaheim is losing to Arizona. If I had to pick a dark horse for new home for Landeskog, it would be Anaheim.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I didn't know this or maybe I just forgot but apparently Vegas will be in business for the trade deadline if they make their final payment and get all the paperwork done. Sportsnet said McPhee told them he's already talking to teams and could make some moves. It shouldn't matter for the Avs because there's no one worth trying to protect but we could see an interesting move or two involving other teams that are afraid to lose someone good.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
But for what? I'm not sure I see the fit. For a lot of reasons.

Me too, but maybe Anaheim is desperate. Their best offensive players are at or past their prime. The time to win for them is now.

Whoever we trade with I want to get a 2018 1st out of it. This upcoming draft isn't much to be excited about deep into it.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Eklund says they are making a push for Landeskog.

Considering they have like 7 high end D they could move, some solid forward pieces and there have been rumors between the two all season long. If Ana wanted him enough they could certainly get him.

Some players of note: Nick Ritchie, Kase, Vatanen, Manson, Theodore, Montour, Jacob Larsson, Max Jones, Nate Guenin(jk).

Also note that Ana will almost certainly have to expose one of Vatanen or Manson.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Considering they have like 7 high end D they could move, some solid forward pieces and there have been rumors between the two all season long. If Ana wanted him enough they could certainly get him.

Some players of note: Nick Ritchie, Kase, Vatanen, Manson, Theodore, Montour, Jacob Larsson, Max Jones, Nate Guenin(jk).

Also note that Ana will almost certainly have to expose one of Vatanen or Manson.

Sakic should include Guenin in the trade, and then leak him first lmao. I would trollolloll the crap out of the fan base with that one.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Like what, put out a trade?

Avs could be interested in any one of Manson, Vatanen, Theodore, Montour or Larsson as the Dman coming back. If they could get Nick Ritchie then then deal is practically there. Depending on the Dman throw in a pick and call it good.

Also keep in mind Ana has 1 too many Dmen for the ED but DO have a spot for an extra F

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Sakic should include Guenin in the trade, and then leak him first lmao. I would trollolloll the crap out of the fan base with that one.

Guy isn't the greatest hockey player but is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Wish him nothing but the best.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cap kills it. It's really hard to make a trade with that team right now that not only satisfies the cap, but also gets the Avs what they need.

I don't think it'll be too difficult to do if there's a deal to be made. Just take back Bernier in the deal. He has an expiring contract with a $4M cap hit. It's only $2M in real money too so the Avs would only have to pay whatever is left of that.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think it'll be too difficult to do if there's a deal to be made. Just take back Bernier in the deal. He has an expiring contract with a $4M cap hit. It's only $2M in real money too so the Avs would only have to pay whatever is left of that.

Good point...and we could actually use Bernier this year as a bonus. Is it me or Ducks fans were very high on Theodore last year but for some reason they don't seem as high on him this year? Any explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino