Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
If you seriously are expecting more than that then either prepare for disappointment or for it to never happen.

I'm expecting more than that too. A high end prospect and a mid 1st round pick in a terrible draft isn't that appealing for an already established 1st line center.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The players and front offices of crazy ass Canadian markets will more often than not cater to their fan bases when **** hits the fans. I still think a Duchene to Montreal for a Segachev package is very possible, all it takes is Montreal to continue to lose. The situation is quite ripe for Montreal to bend over for Duchene actually.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't think Sakic will get Sergachev and Galchenyuk. I'm not interested in Galchenyuk really. A Duchene trade needs to be oriented around getting a high end D piece.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
With the heat on Bergevin, Sergachev+1st+Scherbak/McCarron isn't out of the realm of possibility.

With some of the cap space left over next season, we should then sign Rads for like a 5 year 6M contract. I know if I would be Sakic, I would place my bet for a top line winger.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The players and front offices of crazy ass Canadian markets will more often than not cater to their fan bases when **** hits the fans. I still think a Duchene to Montreal for a Segachev package is very possible, all it takes is Montreal to continue to lose. The situation is quite ripe for Montreal to bend over for Duchene actually.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't think Sakic will get Sergachev and Galchenyuk. I'm not interested in Galchenyuk really. A Duchene trade needs to be oriented around getting a high end D piece.

Especially with how much Duchene would help turn that team around. Add Sharp or Hanzal as well as Dutchy and that's my cup favorite.

With some of the cap space left over next season, we should then sign Rads for like a 5 year 6M contract. I know if I would be Sakic, I would place my bet for a top line winger.

Don't tease my heart like that. We'll get Kulikov out of UFA at best, and we'll like it.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Sakic didn't go after him when he was cheaper and we had Roy as bait, why in the hell would that happen now?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sakic didn't go after him when he was cheaper and we had Roy as bait, why in the hell would that happen now?

Because it's February. Everything we want to go right in the offseason always hypothetically goes right in February.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If you seriously are expecting more than that then either prepare for disappointment or for it to never happen.

I expect a (lesser) 3rd piece. There's a chance (and it's not that low) that neither Sergachev nor this 1st will have a career in the NHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm expecting more than that too. A high end prospect and a mid 1st round pick in a terrible draft isn't that appealing for an already established 1st line center.

Just wait and see what he goes for this time next year then!

If they can get Sergachev then make it work, the deal should not fall through because they can't get a B prospect. Yes, I want more prospects too but it's about getting the main piece.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
With the heat on Bergevin, Sergachev+1st+Scherbak/McCarron isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Are Sherbak and McCarron any good?

Every Habs fan will tell you that McCarron is slow as **** and useless. He can be had for a piece of bread.

Is Sherbak that good? He's one year older than AJ Greer and about on par in development.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Scherbak needs another year or two of polish, but his shot & nose for goal are both desperately lacking in this organization.

And I still think McCarron's interesting, his skating will need further work, but there's a really good big 3C there if he's allowed to develop; he's just not ready to make a difference on a team that should be gunning for the cup.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Do you have a link? As far as I can remember, Colorado was in with Rads and there was talks with Roy but Sakic as all of Avs staff, would not comment. Rads just chose to go to Canadians for a one year deal because its one of the best options for him to showcase himself in a hockey night Canada and then sign as a top UFA at the end of this season.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Yes. Thanks.

It's true that the Leafs got lucky with Matthews but other than that they did everything right in a pretty short span. It's even more impressive considering that they started with a bad team loaded with hard to move expensive vets (Clarkson, Phaneuf, Kessel) and now they have a competitive team with 15M in cap space to spare.

For those who don't want to read the whole thing:

Whoa.

Acquire draft picks instead of trading them away? Who would have ever thought such a thing could work?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Are Sherbak and McCarron any good?

Every Habs fan will tell you that McCarron is slow as **** and useless. He can be had for a piece of bread.

Is Sherbak that good? He's one year older than AJ Greer and about on par in development.

I'm not a big fan of either. Decent as secondary, but not guys you target specifically. McCarron seems destined as 4th line muscle. Sherbak has 2nd line potential but pretty high bust potential as well.

Honestly, I like potential returns from the Islanders, Jackets, or Predators better.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

If they can get Sergachev then make it work, the deal should not fall through because they can't get a B prospect. Yes, I want more prospects too but it's about getting the main piece.

It's like the opposite version of yourself talking about the Carlo/Landy rumor.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
I'd like a safer 3rd piece from MTL. Maybe Danault or Beaulieu.

I think if you add Beaulieu then it becomes way too lopsided towards the Avs. I would love Galchenyuk + Surgechev + 2018 1st for Duchene + Grigorenko + Iginla (75% retained). Doubt MTL would do it. I'm not sure what MTL needs though.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I think if you add Beaulieu then it becomes way too lopsided towards the Avs. I would love Galchenyuk + Surgechev + 2018 1st for Duchene + Grigorenko + Iginla (75% retained). Doubt MTL would do it. I'm not sure what MTL needs though.

Lets get one thing clear going into the deadline, you can only retain 50%. Also, to add, Avs can retain on two more players.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Crap! Now Z is out for the remainder of the season with a fractured ankle suffered in a collision with Rantanen in practice of all things! Ugh! This is an ongoing **** show.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster

Aren't they considering gally on the wing...

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Not going to happen. Joe Sakic isn't going to trade a player like Matt Duchene for ONE 18 year old prospect....way too much can go wrong and we'd have NOTHING to show for it.

If teams want to give non-established 'futures', it's going to take 3-4 excellent pieces to make it happen. Sakic wasn't posturing, it's the only way to go. Teams don't want to pay it??? Fine. We'll just bide our time then and see what happens at the draft when more teams might be interested.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Still think that Nashville is the darkhorse in all of this.

Fabbro played with Jost and was also in range of our #1 last year. So they probably have done their homework on him. Not sure if they like him or not but he certainly is not a bad prospect. He also played in the Beanpot that Sakic visited.

They also have Girard, Carrier and Allard in the pipeline.

They also have Josi, Subban, Ellis (who NSH fans seem to be very high on) and Ekholm already on the roster.

They also have 2 very good forward prospects that are very close to the NHL right now doing pretty well in the AHL in Kamenev and Fiala.

Avs certainly have a decent relationship with them (division or not) considering the Cody Mac deal.

NSH also really wants to win now with Rinne getting older and after trading Weber.

Also don't forget how much Duchene loves NSH so him re-signing wouldn't be an issue at all when it comes to value and don't forget that good guy Joe Sakic always tries to make his players happy...

Their top4 is already pretty great.

Add a forward core of:

Forsberg - RyJo -Neal
Arvidsson - Duchene - Fiala/Kamenev

and that team certainly could afford to pay up for an in division deal. They could go far with Duchene tbh.

Add that they would lose one of Smith/Arvidsson or Jarnkrok if they decide to go the 8 skater route in the expansion draft and I could see Poile offering up quite the package.

Maybe Ekholm + Fabbro + Fiala/Kamenev +2nd for Duchene+ Iggy @50% or something.

Most interesting team to watch for me right now when it comes to Duchene rumors.

Think Carolina unfortunately are a pipedream at this point. Bergevin seems dead certain on not giving up Sergachev (although it might be a bit of a negotiation ploy but I doubt it),
Isles IMO are a terrible fit. Barzal as the mainpiece is terrible. His best case scenario (that he probably won't come close to) is Matt Duchene. Might as well keep Duchene around. Hamonic is a bad fit and I don't rate him enough to want to trade one of the other two RHDs because of him.

I don't see Columbus giving up Murray + PLD and I really have no interest in other deals with them tbh (aside from the obvious untouchables like Werenski, etc. ofc).

Ottawa should have their numbers blocked for all those leaks. Don't deserve Duchene and they don't seem to even come close to meeting the asking price anyways.

NSH is my current favorite oddswise. Wouldn't personally like the deal very much but they are the team that has the need, desire and the pieces to fit the rumored asking price of Sakic (top 4 D + multiple other high value pieces).

Still hope that Francis will panic and give us Hanifin + because he is afraid of missing out on the one potential #1 C that will be available in the foreseeable future but unfortunately I don't see it happen.
Agree with most of this except I don't think they will trade Ekholm as they need him too much for their run this year. Last week I also said they were my darkhorse as they had been scouting us 5 or 6 games in a row. They will have to overpay a bit as they are in the same division. My suggestion then was:

Fabbro - Fiala - 1st - and one of Kamenev/Trenin. I would also take Allard instead of one of these two. With Rinne getting older and being in the same division they might even give two of these guys.

I love Fabbro. I don't think he compares very much to Barrie. He has a much better two-way game which I would prefer over Barrie's.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I really don't like Sherbak and McCarron as pieces in a Sergy deal. McCarron is way too slow and Sherbak is a big risk IMO as he is not a Bednar type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad