Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXII|6 Days Until Minor AHL Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
As much as I like Duchene the hockey player I find it hard to like Duchene the business side of the hockey player.

How so, I feel like I perfectly understand where he is coming from. Personal fulfillment is one of the most important aspects of any job, and in a sport where we always hype on wanting players with a will to win, its hard to blame a guy for wanting to do just that. He's spent 10 years on awful teams through not fault of his own and played his heart out and this is his one chance to play for a contender of his choice.

He isn't wrong when he says that resigning in Ott comes with a lot of uncertainty as well.

Reactions: Patagonia

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Anyone that important isn't going to be trolling around on message boards. The purpose for HFB isn't for insider information and I'm not to concerned by posters who happen to know a guy

Legit is vaguely used here and where we disagree. I know plenty of people who have some solid connections and hear fun whispers but they aren't sources

tenor.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
At a certain point, you have to think Duchene is part of the reason for not winning... His difficulty finding chemistry and need to be the guy draw into that.

Reactions: hooverdam

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Any thought of him maybe going back to Ottawa as an UFA... that's gone.

It seems really hard for Duchene not to take little shots at teams as he's leaving them. Even if they have too many blanks to fill why make make it all about you? Just say thank you and move on.

Reactions: Patagonia

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It seems really hard for Duchene not to take little shots at teams as he's leaving them. Even if they have too many blanks to fill why make make it all about you? Just say thank you and move on.
Yeah, I was always meh about Duchene when he was here but ever since the debacle he's done nothing but like him less and less. Seems like a primadonna.

Reactions: Waingro

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Now that Duchene is gone, I expect the other deadline dominos to start falling soon as the second tier rentals start going to other teams. Panarin and Bob are obviously staying with the Duchene acquisition.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Why give up high end assets for a legit top 4 guy, when they have Makar, (hopefully) Timmins, and some UFA options to choose from?

I can see them going after Myers if they trade Barrie for example.

Girard - EJ
Zadorov - Myers
Cole - Makar

Is that supposed to be good? An aging top pairing D — the only one on that roster — which results in a meh top pairing with no #1. And about as mediocre a second pairing as I can imagine. That plan is pretty much tantamount to dumping the future of the defense 100% on Makar. Timmins doesn’t count, he hasn’t played hockey in nearly a year, he can’t be counted on whatsoever.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
Now that Duchene is gone, I expect the other deadline dominos to start falling soon as the second tier rentals start going to other teams. Panarin and Bob are obviously staying with the Duchene acquisition.
3 star players that don't want to be there and Torts bring the popcorn :)

Reactions: Avsboy

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, I was always meh about Duchene when he was here but ever since the debacle he's done nothing but like him less and less. Seems like a primadonna.

I was pretty meh for a while too, but it started with his 30 goal celly in the 3rd period of a blowout that did it for me.

Maybe it's a coincidence that the Avs team culture changed the moment he was traded and the Sens culture went into the gutter with that Uber incident he was a big part of, but I wouldn't bet on it.

He needs to be a secondary piece on a veteran team. Not leading a young team.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I was pretty meh for a while too, but it started with his 30 goal celly in the 3rd period of a blowout that did it for me.

Maybe it's a coincidence that the Avs team culture changed the moment he was traded and the Sens culture went into the gutter with that Uber incident he was a big part of, but I wouldn't bet on it.

He needs to be a secondary piece on a veteran team. Not leading a young team.

Yeah that certainly didn't help. You could tell what a lift it was for him to be gone based off the comments all the guys had when the trade was announced.

The center version of Kessel.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I've never been a big Myers fan. Hope they look elsewhere.

Solid defensively, big and mobile, physical, chips in 30-35 points. He's not a #1 but that shouldn't be the expectation.

Outside of Karlsson who's a better UFA? They're not likely to give up the assets required in trade for a legit #1.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I don't know. In one sense he needs to put more onus on himself but in another I think he is being honest in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad