Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXII|6 Days Until Minor AHL Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Wow leaf fans are hilarious. Wouldn't do Kapanen for Barrie 1-for-1?? :laugh:

What a joke. I'm not sure how they are disputing that he's benefiting GREATLY from playing with Matthews just like Nylander did in previous years.

Oh and how is Nylander doing since signing his mega-deal?? 12 points in 30 games since Kapanen took his spot. Oh yeah - SIGN ME UP!!! I want that guy! lol

I want nothing to do with either of those players...they'd come here and struggle.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah, then they add Barrie and someone makes another article about how they now have not only the best top pair in the league but the best top-4.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nemeth is serviceable but if the Flames want to throw the Avs a pick then that's cool.

Hopefully Sakic can find someone to take Ghetto because the only thing he offers is some style points when walking into a building. Well dressed individual but a terrible hockey player.

Last edited:

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Now if they wanted to talk Barrie + something for Marner -- pending RFA they are going to struggle to get at a cap manageable number -- then, yes, let's talk. I could actually see something built around that at the draft. Toronto is eventually going to have to part with a young, talented player.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Now if they wanted to talk Barrie + something for Marner -- pending RFA they are going to struggle to get at a cap manageable number -- then, yes, let's talk. I could actually see something built around that at the draft. Toronto is eventually going to have to part with a young, talented player.

They'll figure out a way to keep Marner. Or if they do need to move him, they'll get more than Barrie +. (unless that plus is a real big +)

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
They'll figure out a way to keep Marner. Or if they do need to move him, they'll get more than Barrie +. (unless that plus is a real big +)

Agreed. By + I mean the Avs first rounder for 2019 and then some. But the Avs have some assets and they have better than average cap space.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Henrique is truly available, I hope Avs would really go after him. Definitely a type of player which we could really use and fits a lot of weaknesses (not sure what his contract looks like though). If not, I still love me the cheaper option of Anisimov.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018

Yeah ask Toronto how they'd feel about that proposal.. most dillusional fan base ever. I think they wouldn't trade Mitch Marner for MacKinnon.
Barrie would probably flourish in that run and fun system. IMO they don't need him though

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If Henrique is truly available, I hope Avs would really go after him. Definitely a type of player which we could really use and fits a lot of weaknesses (not sure what his contract looks like though). If not, I still love me the cheaper option of Anisimov.

He hits UFA his summer. 4mil. If we’re in a playoff spot on deadline day I wouldn’t be against it depending on the price.

Reactions: S E P H

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah ask Toronto how they'd feel about that proposal.. most dillusional fan base ever. I think they wouldn't trade Mitch Marner for MacKinnon.
Barrie would probably flourish in that run and fun system. IMO they don't need him though

Barrie and a 1st doesn’t do much for Tor. They need a shutdown guy not a puck mover.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
He hits UFA his summer. 4mil. If we’re in a playoff spot on deadline day I wouldn’t be against it depending on the price.

He already has been re-signed with Ducks. $5,825,000 X 5 yrs, signed till 2023-2024.

Not sure I'd take that contract tbh.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Babcock always talks about heavy hockey, and he does not mean traditional rock em sock em hockey, but more so puck retrieval and tenacity but I know there is a decent amount of the fanbase and local media in Toronto that would love a guy like Zadorov.

Does not sound like Toronto is willing to move Kapanen or Johnsson for anyone though so I can't really see a fit.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
He already has been re-signed with Ducks. $5,825,000 X 5 yrs, signed till 2023-2024.

Not sure I'd take that contract tbh.

He also has a 10 team no trade list.... seems like a lot of $$ for a guy who's hit 50 pts. twice in his career. If that contract was at Soderberg $$ it would look much more appealing.

Reactions: Murzu

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I wouldn't be against acquiring Henrique with that contract, but I wouldn't pay much for him. Something like Greer + 2nd.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

2. Barring a massive swerve, Matt Duchene will be traded. There are undoubtedly more suitors than Columbus and Nashville, but they are the two most mentioned. I’m not convinced Winnipeg is interested at this time, and if I had to pick a stealth destination, I’d choose either Calgary or the Islanders. (If GM Marc Bergevin wasn’t on record as being against rentals, Montreal would be on that list, too.) There is talk that if he ends up in Tennessee, both player and team will work to make it a long-term relationship. Let’s see if Predators GM David Poile gets any extensions done in the near future with arbitration eligibles like Ryan Hartman and Colton Sissons, or Kevin Fiala — coming out of his entry-level contract. That would give him a better idea of the cap room he’s got to play with, assuming none of those players are involved in a potential trade. (Aside: Boy, do the Predators love Sissons. They can’t say enough good things about him.)

Duchene ending up on the Preds would make a lot of sense. That's where he has wanted to be since he was still playing for the Avs.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Wow leaf fans are hilarious. Wouldn't do Kapanen for Barrie 1-for-1?? :laugh:

What a joke. I'm not sure how they are disputing that he's benefiting GREATLY from playing with Matthews just like Nylander did in previous years.

Oh and how is Nylander doing since signing his mega-deal?? 12 points in 30 games since Kapanen took his spot. Oh yeah - SIGN ME UP!!! I want that guy! lol

I want nothing to do with either of those players...they'd come here and struggle.
Can I ask if your opinion on Makar has changed since before the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad