Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXII|6 Days Until Minor AHL Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
A second round pick is a massive overpayment for Jensen, like I was floored. As I said its fine as Nemeth can get more in return now but man Holland has destroyed fools 2 TDLs in a row.

Jensen is a better player than Nemeth though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
@Meeqs is allowed to doubt... I'm not going out of my way to prove myself to a random poster though. Either take stock in it or don't... no need to attack though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Jensen is eerily similar to the Kempny deal Washington made last year and IMO that trade last year was the single best deadline deal value wise for any buyer last deadline.

I suspect Jensen proves the same. He's a quality #4 on a bad team like Detroit and I bet as he gets surrounded with more talent like in Washington he will look even better.

It's a great deal for the Caps. Would have been very pleased to have moved our 2nd for Jensen, especially if we had also flipped Nemeth for a 3rd or 4th later on in the weekend as well.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I'm surprised they ended up with a second... I thought it would end up at a 3rd +, but the Wings pulled a 2nd + reclamation... not a bad deal for them. That said like the deal for the Caps too. Very good depth with wheels and versatility. Could be a player they can re-sign fairly cheap and helps their current window.

2nd year in a row Holland has gotten a great return on a guy. All the blackmail from being in the league for 400 years really starting to pay off haha.

The assets he's getting should really help the rebuild.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Jensen is eerily similar to the Kempny deal Washington made last year and IMO that trade last year was the single best deadline deal value wise for any buyer last deadline.

I suspect Jensen proves the same. He's a quality #4 on a bad team like Detroit and I bet as he gets surrounded with more talent like in Washington he will look even better.

It's a great deal for the Caps. Would have been very pleased to have moved our 2nd for Jensen, especially if we had also flipped Nemeth for a 3rd or 4th later on in the weekend as well.

Are the Avs resigning him? Who are they sitting for him if they do? How long is a 29 year old Dman going to be an impact player for us?

Good target for WSH and with that price they are certainly hoping to rekindle last years magic.

With CBJ adding serious firepower I'm sure that helped spur the move for additional defense. It was a close close series last year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Are the Avs resigning him? Who are they sitting for him if they do? How long is a 29 year old Dman going to be an impact player for us?

Same questions could have been asked with Cole, who they wanted to trade for and then ended up signing....

The Avs are not real thrilled with their defensive depth and have been looking to make a move there for a while. The rumors have them going after more of a 4/5 type than a top 3 type.

Reactions: Meeqs

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's twice Nashville has passed on Duchene. I feel like they got word at some point that Duchene is likely to sign with them as a UFA, so why waste the assets on another big trade.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Same questions could have been asked with Cole, who they wanted to trade for and then ended up signing....

The Avs are not real thrilled with their defensive depth and have been looking to make a move there for a while. The rumors have them going after more of a 4/5 type than a top 3 type.

Brett Pesce come on down (even though he is a top 3)

Also if they go after mcquiad I will be upset.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Good target for WSH and with that price they are certainly hoping to rekindle last years magic.

With CBJ adding serious firepower I'm sure that helped spur the move for additional defense. It was a close close series last year.

Jensen started late similar to Kempny so he doesn't have the same wear and tear of most 29 year olds. I would bet he has 4-5 more years left before a major drop off.

We also wouldn't have had much difficulty re-signing him

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

I totally get that, but when we signed Cole we didn't have Cole, or 2 high end prospects on the way. Is he coming in to be a depth guy or is a kid sitting.

If we take out Barrie/Nemeth we still have

G/EJ
Cole/Makar
Z/Timmins
Graves/Barbs
Meloche

I just don't see anything about Jensen that makes moving for him make any sense.

Like its not like I doubt the validity of your claim, I just can't see a scenario where I'm like yeah that makes sense.

If the Avs expected it to be for a cheap rental to replace Nemeth for a playoff run, then I guess? That would mean that like me though they didn't expect him to be traded for that much.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Have you not seen Jost his last 2 games?

I can't believe how quickly fans go hot and cold on guys haha. When someone struggles they are dead to them and after 2 good games I've heard people go "he could be our 2c". Just shenanigans I tell you

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Jensen started late similar to Kempny so he doesn't have the same wear and tear of most 29 year olds. I would bet he has 4-5 more years left before a major drop off.

We also wouldn't have had much difficulty re-signing him

I feel like there is conflicting statements that he would be easy to resign and he was worth the large return he got.

The biggest thing I don't see is honestly the need for him.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I can't believe how quickly fans go hot and cold on guys haha. When someone struggles they are dead to them and after 2 good games I've heard people go "he could be our 2c". Just shenanigans I tell you

Yup. Even Siemens had 2 good games last season, but we let him walk anyway.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I was being sarcastic about Jost being worth Pesce after 2 games.

Getting too close to puck drop for any more major trades for the day.

Reactions: Meeqs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad