Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I'd be good with Toffoli. Maybe the Sakic and Blake connection can give the Avs the inside track.

I don't know how cheap he'd be considering he's still signed for another season and the Kings don't have a whole lot of young talent.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Toffoli is slow on the Kings, who are already slow. I imagine he’d look slower here. He also doesn’t have a prime Jeff Carter running his line anymore and it shows.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm still going with Silfverberg over some of these wingers getting mentioned. The Ducks are still in the playoff mix but they're really struggling. He hasn't had the greatest contract season but I still like the fit on the 2nd line or even next to Soderberg in more of a defensive role. Earlier in the season it seemed like he'd cost a decent amount but I'm not so sure now. His numbers have dropped off some (still on pace for a good offensive season) and there could be quite a few rental wingers available. Stone, Simmonds, Ferland, Nyquist, Dzingel, etc could all be traded.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Value of: - Quick + Toffoli to Colorado

:DD

I'm still going with Silfverberg over some of these wingers getting mentioned. The Ducks are still in the playoff mix but they're really struggling. He hasn't had the greatest contract season but I still like the fit on the 2nd line or even next to Soderberg in more of a defensive role. Earlier in the season it seemed like he'd cost a decent amount but I'm not so sure now. His numbers have dropped off some (still on pace for a good offensive season) and there could be quite a few rental wingers available. Stone, Simmonds, Ferland, Nyquist, Dzingel, etc could all be traded.

What would you give up for him and what would you be comfortable extending him at?

Would you trade for him in a pure rental capacity or want to extend prior to making the deal?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
giphy.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Value of: - Quick + Toffoli to Colorado

:DD

What would you give up for him and what would you be comfortable extending him at?

Would you trade for him in a pure rental capacity or want to extend prior to making the deal?

I'm bad with trade value/proposals and also biased from an Avs POV so I'm not really sure. Doesn't one of the lesser prospects (Greer?) and a 2nd round pick seem like enough?

Free agency is a crazy place so I could see him getting around $5M/yr. Maybe a bit less on a longer term deal or a bit more if it's shorter term. The thing is, I wouldn't want to extend him or any other rental until I know for sure I can't get Stone in the offseason.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I like Silfverberg as well. He's one guy I would like the Avs to get this coming free agency.

Reactions: Avs_19

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'd like to have Quick but he's same age as Varly and always hurt just like Varly. Would stay away from both TT and Quick

Edit: Check that, Quick is 2 years older than Varly

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
When was the last time a rental signed an extension with his new team shortly after the trade?

I keep seeing people suggesting it as something realistic but i can't remember ir ever happening.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
When was the last time a rental signed an extension with his new team shortly after the trade?

I keep seeing people suggesting it as something realistic but i can't remember ir ever happening.

Mcdonagh or Kane? Winnipeg tried with Stastny.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
All 3 signed closer to FA

McDonagh signed July 1 2018
Kane signed May 24 2018
Reaves signed June 30 2018

Turris signed Nov 5, 2017 The trade wouldn't have gone through unless he agreed to terms before the trade

Reactions: Iceberg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Shortly after as in extension agreed prior to the trade. Those are not the examples i was looking for.

I mean if the Avs were trading for a UFA they'd get an idea with how likely that player is to re sign. I mean I'm sure the Sharks had a decent idea Kane would re sign when they made that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad