Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Sign me up for a blockbuster.
  • G Jonathan Quick - 32 - $5.8m x 5y
  • F Tyler Toffoli - 26 - $4.6m x 2y
  • D Jake Muzzin - 29 - $4m x 2y
Let’s get them.

Reactions: Perratrooper

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hmm well the goaltending held up in the 1st period last night. The team chose to start playing once they were down by 3 goals. That's not on the goaltending. When Ian Cole inexplicably decides that he's going to take the man that Erik Johnson is ALREADY COVERING...leaving the senators with an easy tic-tac-toe play, that's not on goaltending. That's on Ian Cole and his atrocious game right now.

When in the last MONTH have we been UP by 3 goals and the goaltending lets in a bunch of bad goals in to allow the other team back in it?? Rarely.

This team isn't starting on time for whatever reason and sure the goalies could certainly stand to be better but making sure our guys are ready to start the game is on the coach.

Agreed. I'm a little perplexed at what people were expecting though for a 20 year old. I mean, it's certainly not like they ever put him on a line with MacKinnon and Rantanen to see how he's NOT producing. There wasn't an opportunity there and that's fine but it seems like with the majority of Avs fans, HE'S the major scapegoat even though it's well accepted that the Avs have a massive lack of secondary scoring.

For me, if you're going to evaluate a 20 year old kid but you're doing it expecting him to make Colin Wilson a better player...you're going to be disappointed. If Jost was playing on a line with Anze Kopitar and Mark Stone and he wasn't able to produce like an up-and-coming Top-6 forward THEN I'd say fine...we've probably got a major issue but he was never truly given great linemates that are vets to bring him along. The best he's had with the Avs were 2nd year, 23 year old players like Kerfoot and Compher and a good portion of Avs fans debate whether those guys are legit 2nd liners to begin with but somehow it's fair to dump on Jost at age 20 for not being one? I guess I just don't get it.

I hope he welcomes this AHL time and uses it to prove a lot of people wrong.

Those words are kind of key, and I don't think the overall discussion is regarding one game, but maybe I'm missing something. They've lost all kinds of ways, but I'd say you can contribute a lot of the fluctuation to inconsistent confidence, and nothing kills a teams mental state like f***ed goal-tending. You can't talk about it, you can't do jack shit about it, but it f***s you regardless when it is bad. That is some hope and motivation killing shit IMO.

Without the goal-tending they'd still be inconsistent, but it would be less damaging and due to being a young team. There is gas being thrown on the fire here in all sorts of ways.

Reactions: Bender

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Nemeth kills penalties and they clearly like him in that role based on him being behind only Cole and EJ in SH ice time. I'm not even arguing who was playing better when they were both in the lineup. We all know Graves isn't playing with the other two healthy.
The question is why do they like Nemeth killing penalties? He's clearly not good at it. I can't believe they didn't even try Graves on the PK. I know Zads struggles with the PK, but holy cow is Nemeth bad. For being a bigger body he plays the game like he's 5'7. I really don't understand the personnel decisions on this team. Also I'm not talking about Jost. I think being sent down will be good for him. But things like never giving Greer a fair shake and the complete refusal to play Rookie D men seems weird. It's like they've already written this season off in the books and are purely focused on the future.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Hmm well the goaltending held up in the 1st period last night. The team chose to start playing once they were down by 3 goals. That's not on the goaltending. When Ian Cole inexplicably decides that he's going to take the man that Erik Johnson is ALREADY COVERING...leaving the senators with an easy tic-tac-toe play, that's not on goaltending. That's on Ian Cole and his atrocious game right now.

When in the last MONTH have we been UP by 3 goals and the goaltending lets in a bunch of bad goals in to allow the other team back in it?? Rarely.

This team isn't starting on time for whatever reason and sure the goalies could certainly stand to be better but making sure our guys are ready to start the game is on the coach.

Agreed. I'm a little perplexed at what people were expecting though for a 20 year old. I mean, it's certainly not like they ever put him on a line with MacKinnon and Rantanen to see how he's NOT producing. There wasn't an opportunity there and that's fine but it seems like with the majority of Avs fans, HE'S the major scapegoat even though it's well accepted that the Avs have a massive lack of secondary scoring.

For me, if you're going to evaluate a 20 year old kid but you're doing it expecting him to make Colin Wilson a better player...you're going to be disappointed. If Jost was playing on a line with Anze Kopitar and Mark Stone and he wasn't able to produce like an up-and-coming Top-6 forward THEN I'd say fine...we've probably got a major issue but he was never truly given great linemates that are vets to bring him along. The best he's had with the Avs were 2nd year, 23 year old players like Kerfoot and Compher and a good portion of Avs fans debate whether those guys are legit 2nd liners to begin with but somehow it's fair to dump on Jost at age 20 for not being one? I guess I just don't get it.

I hope he welcomes this AHL time and uses it to prove a lot of people wrong.

I think we were expecting something. Anything. But he’s been useless basically all year. I mean expecting him to be a legit 2C was a bit much but he’s brought nothing to the table and there should still be some expectation for him.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->