Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bura fits Sakics long term comments the most, and he has fallen out of favor, but I just don't know if he is going to be that 2nd line winger that the Avs need. If he comes at a cheap price sure but I would not want to pay for a maybe.

Hard pass on Bura. He’s soft as shit and inconsistent as they come. Super talented player though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Burakovsky is intriguing, but as I said on twitter earlier, it would have to be a swap and I don't see the Caps being interested. You wouldn't pay up something of real value there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who do you think it would be if it were to happen? Jost?

The Avs wouldn't use Jost in that sort of trade... Ghetto, Barbario, and Wilson are the only possible names I could see. Now that I type that out... Wilson could make some sense if he ever gets healthy. Avs would have retain, but no biggie there.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I would think if the Avs would be amenable to a rental I'd like for them to target a decent 3rd/4th line center who plays well defensively who would allow Soda to play higher in the lineup, preferably with Compher/Kerfoot.

Problem is...I don't see how they pull that one off without taking a bad contract in return. I suppose if they could wrest Laughton away from Philly that might fit the bill, but I've no idea what his status is with the organization and what kind of contract he has.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
He blocked all trades apart from the Buffalo one according to reports. He's not an idiot, he knew he'll get to play with Eichel and cash in. He could be a target come July, but he will also get a pretty penny.
I never heard he blocked us though. I can't imagine he'd block a trade when he could play with MacKinnon/Landy/Mikko.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I never heard he blocked us though. I can't imagine he'd block a trade when he could play with MacKinnon/Landy/Mikko.

Yesh, we weren't mentioned, but he sure wouldn't expect to play with those guys at ES, and I doubt the prospect of playing with Kerfoot or Jost would have been enticing as playing with Eichel.

Reactions: cgf

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is widely known that Skinner turned away a few trades, but I don't think the blocked all but Buffalo is true.

Reactions: Foppberg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He's reportedly happy playing in Buffalo, where he's close to his home in the GTA. I've no idea if the Avs had a legit shot at him or not, I'm sure they asked about his availability. But I doubt, if he blocked trades elsewhere to go play for last season's worst team, that he didn't have his reasons to go there. Did the Avs miss some opportunities to add scoring depth this offseason? Probably. But this one--I don't think at least--was one of them.

Reactions: cgf and shadow1

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Burakovsky is intriguing, but as I said on twitter earlier, it would have to be a swap and I don't see the Caps being interested. You wouldn't pay up something of real value there.

I like the Burakovsky idea, maybe Nieto could interest the Capitals.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What about Grubauer for Bura and Orpik?
ohyou.jpg

Reactions: lonelybadger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad