Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Anyone hear listen to spittin’ Chicklets? Apparently the Ryan Reaves interview, he told Hitchcock to S.T.F.U or else he is going to hit him in his fat face with his stick, mid game on the bench. Haven’t heard the podcast myself, but that’s what a buddy told me.

Shocking that Ward has never seen something like MacKinnon yell at a coach.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Anyone hear listen to spittin’ Chicklets? Apparently the Ryan Reaves interview, he told Hitchcock to **** or else he is going to hit him in his fat face with his stick, mid game on the bench. Haven’t heard the podcast myself, but that’s what a buddy told me.

He's full of it.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
You know what we should do? Now that MacK’s upset, possibly quite upset with the lack of help: Trade his best friend and one of the teams’ best defensman this offseason for a futures package and replace him with a rookie :popcorn:

Not now, that wouldn't be smart. But Barrie will be traded sometime next season once he is passed in the depth chart by a rookie.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Anyone with the Athletic able to read LeBruns piece about the Avs and secondary scoring targets? Is there actual rumors or just speculation?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Anyone with the Athletic able to read LeBruns piece about the Avs and secondary scoring targets? Is there actual rumors or just speculation?
Screenshot_2019-01-11-09-52-13.png

Reactions: klozge

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If we continue to suck and throw away the season then we might as well be sellers. Trade the UFAs and be active in the summer. Hopefully next season we will finally have a 2nd line + a goaltender that can stop a beach ball.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
If we continue to suck and throw away the season then we might as well be sellers. Trade the UFAs and be active in the summer. Hopefully next season we will finally have a 2nd line + a goaltender that can stop a beach ball.
I wonder what we're getting for UFA Gabriel Bourque?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs' don't really sell... there are maybe instances from time to time, but it isn't their normal MO. So even if they do drop, it shouldn't be expected.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The Avs' don't really sell... there are maybe instances from time to time, but it isn't their normal MO. So even if they do drop, it shouldn't be expected.

Apart from Varlamov who is doing everything to tank his value do we even have anyone to sell? Nemeth? Sven? Can't see teams offering much if anything for those guys.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Anyone hear listen to spittin’ Chicklets? Apparently the Ryan Reaves interview, he told Hitchcock to S.T.F.U or else he is going to hit him in his fat face with his stick, mid game on the bench. Haven’t heard the podcast myself, but that’s what a buddy told me.

That’s the way players communicate with Hitch. They all tell him to go f*** himself all the time and he supposedly loves it.

Calling him fat may be a little much, but players always tell him to shut the f*** up and things like that.

Reactions: cgf

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I imagine there's tons of things the public doesn't see behind the scenes of the entire hockey world, and if they did social media would have a complete meltdown calling for everyone to be fired.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The funniest part of Lebrun's article in the Athletic is him speculating if the Sens' 3rd round pick would get it done for Zuccarello, given his struggles. That is sure to draw a reaction from Rangers fans

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I imagine there's tons of things the public doesn't see behind the scenes of the entire hockey world, and if they did social media would have a complete meltdown calling for everyone to be fired.
Having been a part of a pro locker room, there's a dozen (in my case) hyped up players in there, things will get heated. Usually, it blows over in a matter of minutes.

Reactions: cgf

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The funniest part of Lebrun's article in the Athletic is him speculating if the Sens' 3rd round pick would get it done for Zuccarello, given his struggles. That is sure to draw a reaction from Rangers fans
Already posted it in the Zuc thread lol

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
With that in mind, here are some potential targets (in no particular order) who would make sense to me if the Avs do indeed decide to go down this path:

Mats Zuccarello, 31, $4.5 million AAV, UFA July 1
It’s been a tough go this season for the veteran forward but he’s basically been a 50-plus point player most of his career. The Avs have two third-round picks in June, their own plus Ottawa’s. Could the high Sens third-rounder do it?

Andrei Burakovsky, 23, $3 million AAV, RFA July 1
He seems to have fallen out of favour in Washington, scratched again Thursday night. Coming off back to back 12-goal seasons, there’s potential there in the 2013 first-round pick. And he’s not a rental. So this would perhaps fit the Avs’ needs better. But the reigning Cup champs aren’t sellers. Is there a trade that makes sense that can also help Washington?

Gustav Nyquist, 29, $4.75 million AAV, UFA July 1
He’s having a nice year for the struggling Red Wings. But he’s got a full no-trade clause. Also, it’s not out of the question he re-signs. His camp is slated to speak again with Wings management later this month.

Ryan Dzingel, 26, $1.8 million AAV, UFA July 1
He really came on last year with 23 goals on a struggling team and this season has continued his fine play, on pace for 30-plus goals. Of course, the Senators would like to re-sign him. But if they can’t get that done before Feb. 25, it will make sense to listen. He’d fit in perfectly on Colorado’s second line.

Tyler Toffoli, 26, $4.6 million AAV, signed through next season
It’s been a struggle for Toffoli this season, like many of his teammates. But he’s a three-time 20-plus goal scorer. Could a change of scenery reignite him? What I like about this possibility is that the Avs aren’t getting a rental here, they’d be making a hockey deal.

There are lots of other options but those are just some that make sense to me. The Avs, at some point, have to decide how they want to approach the rest of this season and how important the playoffs are right now within the bigger, long-term vision.

Here's his full list.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Bura fits Sakics long term comments the most, and he has fallen out of favor, but I just don't know if he is going to be that 2nd line winger that the Avs need. If he comes at a cheap price sure but I would not want to pay for a maybe.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Avs have the worst record in the league since the beginning of December. There should be zero interest in deadline rentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad