Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XV| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Surely Makar is involved if they asked for both. But there’s no way ROR will ever be an Av again.

Tarasenko isn’t getting moved imo. But if Sakic is smart he’ll send an offer involving anything but Makar, Current Avs, and the Sens Pick. Multiple 1sts, prospects. Avs can compete this year with that kind of gamble and it doesn’t affect the future as imo the cap space and Makar signing plus a theoretical top 5 pick will surely leave no holes on the team that can’t be filled cheaply and easily.

I don't think they trade Tara within the division without an overpayment.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Hayes seems like such an Avs-esque move, though. Guy they liked in the past? Yes. Sort of fills a spot on the roster? Yes. A noticeable move, but not too bold or risky, and that only costs picks and / or prospects (sort of like an upgraded version of Boedker)? Yep.

Oh if it only costs what the Avs paid for Boedker? Sure, bring him in all day!

That would be roughly Colin Wilson + Josh Anderson + 2nd round pick. I doubt the Rangers would be happy with that.

It's going to probably go down to the TDL and it's probably going to cost a 1st round pick + a prospect, I just hope the Avs stay out of it.

Why do guys want this cancer back??

We sucked when he was here. We traded him to Buffalo and they sucked. They traded him to St. Louis and they suck.

See the pattern?

That might be true but it's because: external boss management structure of the internal psychology behavior pattern affects reality in a cooperation environment.

Obviously.

The Avs shouldn't trade anything valuable for a rental imo. The team is not good enough to compete this year and we will need those assets in the future. I would much rather not do anything this season. Just wait and fix the 2nd line in the summer. Also Hayes should not be the primary target when there are potentially going to be players like Stone and Panarin available. We need to be more ambitious and get a first line talent who will drive the second line.

Yeah, I see it the same way. My personal preference would be that the Avs do nothing rather than give up something significant to acquire a marginal upgrade. [I'm talking specifically about giving up 1st round picks or top prospects]

I do think that a deal is going to happen though between now and mid-July.

Reactions: Tommy G

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I am holding out hope for Mark Stone, January 1st he can get an offer from the Sens, and January 1st we will find out if Melnyk is still the poorest billionaire in the world.

Do we not already know this?

I mean his car...

tenor.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Rangers fans want a 1st and Kaut or Jost for Hayes but thankfully are willing to eat Soderberg’s contract too.

Thank god. I mean Soderberg has as many points and more goals than Hayes. He makes less money with an extra year before he’s due more money. He plays with far less line mates. But thank god the Rangers would be willing to eat his contract.

Holy f*** those guys are delusional.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Zero chance I'd trade for Hayes if I'm Sakic. I've never been high on him and I'm having a hard time seeing him as the #2 C we'd want going forward, he's not worth giving up assets AND giving Hayes the money he wants. I'm more than comfortable to wait and see where our two first round picks land this summer to get our second line figured out and go after one (1) UFA after that, position depending one who we get in the draft.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think he'd be a long-term solution at 2C but if the team is wanting an interim guy to fill in there until they develop one internally then he's a very good option (apparently they just don't want Soda there). Then they can move him to wing or 3C if need be. But it all comes down to the prices Gorton is demanding.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
There are plenty of issues you can discuss, but I 100% promise, it wouldn't be hard to sign Hayes.
What is it Hayes likes about Colorado? I know we were rumored to be a finalist in on him as a college UFA, but as far as I can tell he doesn't have any ties to the Avs or to the state of Colorado.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Count me in for one of the minorities of NOT wanting ROR back. Good hockey player but his track record speaks for itself. For whichever team he's on, they've sucked (and for probably good reason)

Reactions: McMetal

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Rangers fans want a 1st and Kaut or Jost for Hayes but thankfully are willing to eat Soderberg’s contract too.

Thank god. I mean Soderberg has as many points and more goals than Hayes. He makes less money with an extra year before he’s due more money. He plays with far less line mates. But thank god the Rangers would be willing to eat his contract.

Holy **** those guys are delusional.

That's basically Duchene level return for a guy half as good.

Reactions: Meeqs and Tommy G

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Yeah Hayes looks like the type of guy who gets traded for a protected 1st or 2nd and a b level prospect.

Realistically I would offer a conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if he re-signs and a guy like greer.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The crazy thing is that I really like Hayes. I’m going on these rants and tangents and it has nothing to do with me not wanting Hayes. I’d love to have him. I’m just dumbfounded by the ridiculous thinking of Ranger fans. Soderberg as a cap dump is just topping it off considering Soderberg has arguably been superior to KH this season despite making less money.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Yup... I'm always blown away by just how out of touch Rangers fans are with trade values.

Who do they think their GM is? Joe Sakic? :sarcasm:

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I’ve had the cap dump argument with Rangers fans about Soderberg before. Don’t bother. They’re a good group overall, but they pretty universally get upset if anyone compares Soderberg and Hayes in any way. They live in a protected little bubble and have zero clue about players on teams outside it. They’ll also resort to the “the but stats don’t tell the story, they’re so much better!!” for their players (Hayes, Kreider, god forbid if you point out their struggles to crack 50 points), but it sort of baffles them that anyone could use the same argument for someone like Soderberg. Point totals don’t tell the story for their guys, but they do for everyone else.

Trying to burst their bubble is more effort than it’s worth, if it’s even possible. Can’t fix ignorance founded on watching 2 Avs games per year and outdated opinions based on something they heard about Soderberg three seasons ago when the Avs sucked, and how much they sucked was broadcasted to everyone.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Yeah Hayes looks like the type of guy who gets traded for a protected 1st or 2nd and a b level prospect.

Realistically I would offer a conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if he re-signs and a guy like greer.

That's in an average TDL year but with all the high end UFAs coming up the sellers market will be saturated. I'd be surprised if he gets more than a 2nd as there would be so many better options out there that you could go for. It will be very difficult for NYR to drive up the price in any way.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The crazy thing is that I really like Hayes. I’m going on these rants and tangents and it has nothing to do with me not wanting Hayes. I’d love to have him. I’m just dumbfounded by the ridiculous thinking of Ranger fans. Soderberg as a cap dump is just topping it off considering Soderberg has arguably been superior to KH this season despite making less money.

Soderberg is one of those guys who is always massively underrated, even by life long Avs fans. Just kinda how things are sometimes.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Count me in for one of the minorities of NOT wanting ROR back. Good hockey player but his track record speaks for itself. For whichever team he's on, they've sucked (and for probably good reason)

Not so sure that is as much of a minority as you think it is.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
What is it Hayes likes about Colorado? I know we were rumored to be a finalist in on him as a college UFA, but as far as I can tell he doesn't have any ties to the Avs or to the state of Colorado.

It has been mentioned a few times that Sakic has been a pretty convincing presence when it comes to UFA's. An interesting question though.

In this case its probably kinda like with Cole, where its a player the Avs have identified for a while they feel could be a fit here.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Zero chance I'd trade for Hayes if I'm Sakic. I've never been high on him and I'm having a hard time seeing him as the #2 C we'd want going forward, he's not worth giving up assets AND giving Hayes the money he wants. I'm more than comfortable to wait and see where our two first round picks land this summer to get our second line figured out and go after one (1) UFA after that, position depending one who we get in the draft.

I'm with you here. Hayes is a solid player but nothing special and the Avs have a lot of solid guys. UFA this year will be stacked with actual elite and high end talent tiers above Hayes so if you are going to target a guy then go for guys with game breaking ability. The biggest benefit of Hayes is that he would be cheap in terms of either assets or contract due to being a victim of the market. Other than that I really don't see why there would be much interest there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It has been mentioned a few times that Sakic has been a pretty convincing presence when it comes to UFA's. An interesting question though.

In this case its probably kinda like with Cole, where its a player the Avs have identified for a while they feel could be a fit here.

It usually plays out like Cole too. They inquire about the player they like, basically let it be known to them and their agent they're interested, and then bring them in as UFA's.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
It usually plays out like Cole too. They inquire about the player they like, basically let it be known to them and their agent they're interested, and then bring them in as UFA's.

Its and option. Avs pro-scouting the last few years has been pretty darn impressive so it'd be hard to be that critical of their assessments until something actually happened. Same with their discipline when it comes to UFA.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Apparently he's a heavy pot smoker? I don't know the story behind it but they keep referring to it on the NYR board. Someone even made a parody twitter account about it back in 2015:

Stoner Kevin Hayes (@StonerKevHayes) | Twitter

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Oh if it only costs what the Avs paid for Boedker? Sure, bring him in all day!

That would be roughly Colin Wilson + Josh Anderson + 2nd round pick. I doubt the Rangers would be happy with that.

It's going to probably go down to the TDL and it's probably going to cost a 1st round pick + a prospect, I just hope the Avs stay out of it.

I agree it wouldn't be the Boedker cost, hence why I said "like an upgraded version of Boedker". I was referring to an upgraded version of the whole thing -- player and cost.

We'll see what happens. I remember after the Duchene trade McKenzie said Sakic viewed those three picks he got as currency to use elsewhere. Obviously everything changed with the Sens falling off a cliff, and Sakic did retain all his picks last year so maybe his philosophy has entirely shifted, but I don't get the sense he or the Avs organization value picks quite as much as the fans.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad