Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XV| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Also, if Big John is hellbent on trading anything Maloney brought, there’s only 3 guys left. OEL and Dvorak who just signed huge extensions, and then Christian Fischer.

I would like Fischer.

- 21 years old
- 6’2”, 215 pounds
- Right handed RW
- Former 2nd round pick
- Scored 15 goals and 33 points last season
- 2nd in ARI forwards hits(42) after the freak Crouse
- On his ELC for another 2 seasons

Struggling this season with 4 goals and not much ice time. I would approve of him on our right side, would be a big upgrade on some of the crap we are throwing out. I wish we could just make Calvert and his $2.8m disappear to have a guy like this.

Anyhow, if he doesn’t cost too much, he has my approval.

Reactions: Foppberg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Also, if Big John is hellbent on trading anything Maloney brought, there’s only 3 guys left. OEL and Dvorak who just signed huge extensions, and then Christian Fischer.

I would like Fischer.

- 21 years old
- 6’2”, 215 pounds
- Right handed RW
- Former 2nd round pick
- Scored 15 goals and 33 points last season
- 2nd in ARI forwards hits(42) after the freak Crouse
- On his ELC for another 2 seasons

Struggling this season with 4 goals and not much ice time. I would approve of him on our right side, would be a big upgrade on some of the crap we are throwing out. I wish we could just make Calvert and his $2.8m disappear to have a guy like this.

Anyhow, if he doesn’t cost too much, he has my approval.

My first thought was, teams don't trade those players, that would be like us trading Compher. But..

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Arizona tends to like swaps of players out of favor. The out of favor players here I don't see enticing Arizona too much with one exception. The one I could see, would probably cause riots on the first page of this thread.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Arizona tends to like swaps of players out of favor. The out of favor players here I don't see enticing Arizona too much with one exception. The one I could see, would probably cause riots on the first page of this thread.

Z is not out of favor, go away with that crap lol

Reactions: Meeqs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Z is not out of favor, go away with that crap lol

He certainly isn't in favor either... term it what you want, but the only piece I could see Arizona going after is a buy low swap candidate. It is their MO... the only player like that on the Avs with value is Z. Nieto, Ghetto, Barbario, Greer, etc have no real value to Arizona.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

v8o4co.jpg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He certainly isn't in favor either... term it what you want, but the only piece I could see Arizona going after is a buy low swap candidate. It is their MO... the only player like that on the Avs with value is Z. Nieto, Ghetto, Barbario, Greer, etc have no real value to Arizona.

Are you really going to push that Z is on some island for this organization because of some early season inconsistency?

I'm not sure there is a player on this roster who is out of favor the way some of these guys around the league have an impending trade tag. You are dangerously close to labeling him as someone like Duclair where it's only a matter of time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Are you really going to push that Z is on some island for this organization because of some early season inconsistency?

I'm not sure there is a player on this roster who is out of favor the way some of these guys around the league have an impending trade tag. You are dangerously close to labeling him as someone like Duclair where it's only a matter of time.

I'm not pushing him on some island... Just look at the situation from an outside point of view. You have a young defensemen who had a contract squabble and is due for a new one next year with arbitration rights. This player has off and on played a top 4 role in the past with varying degrees of play. Plays a toolsy game that many GMs and teams like. This year is relegated to a bottom pairing role after being surpassed by a younger player and a UFA signing that management put as a high priority. Has only played for more than 18 minutes twice this season and his average is lowest on the team amongst defensemen (though is more solidly in the lineup than Nemeth and Barbie). His role is at best a #5D. Getting to the age and experience with management and staffs want to see real progression.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm not pushing him on some island... Just look at the situation from an outside point of view. You have a young defensemen who had a contract squabble and is due for a new one next year with arbitration rights. This player has off and on played a top 4 role in the past with varying degrees of play. Plays a toolsy game that many GMs and teams like. This year is relegated to a bottom pairing role after being surpassed by a younger player and a UFA signing that management put as a high priority. Has only played for more than 18 minutes twice this season and his average is lowest on the team amongst defensemen (though is more solidly in the lineup than Nemeth and Barbie). His role is at best a #5D. Getting to the age and experience with management and staffs want to see real progression.

That is all fine, and I agree with a lot of what you say regarding the difficulty handling him in the future. There is a lot of reasons a guy like Girard would pass him, and especially with Cole. Cole was underrated by most around here before even playing a game. Anyone who has watched him (or a team that scouted him) shouldn't be surprised. This team needs depth badly especially because we lack that true #1. So we're going to have to pay a bit more for our #4/5s IMO. They are going to need to be able to run three good pairings to really contend IMO.

I don't think it's Z taking a step back that has allowed Cole and Girard to pass him. Cole is more experienced, and Girard is just loony toons because hes mighty mouse playing defense and is somehow good at everything.

Bednar has directly spoken to this as well. Hes out right stated its nothing Z has done or has not done that has resulted in less overall minutes. From what I remember it was said before he was benched for the ill timed penalties too. I think they're separate issues.

Also.. Even if Z peaks as a Cole level player we'll need that. We'll have two right handed OFD in Barrie & Makar, and then Girard on the left. We'll need both Cole and Z to be that physical presence, but guys who can skate and handle the puck well enough. I don't agree with you that it isn't going to be worth paying Z 4M or whatever to be that player.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That is all fine, and I agree with a lot of what you say regarding the difficulty handling him in the future. There is a lot of reasons a guy like Girard would pass him, and especially with Cole. Cole was underrated by most around here before even playing a game. Anyone who has watched him (or a team that scouted him) shouldn't be surprised. This team needs depth badly especially because we lack that true #1. So we're going to have to pay a bit more for our #4/5s IMO. They are going to need to be able to run three good pairings to really contend IMO.

I don't think it's Z taking a step back that has allowed Cole and Girard to pass him. Cole is more experienced, and Girard is just loony toons because hes mighty mouse playing defense and is somehow good at everything.

Bednar has directly spoken to this as well. Hes out right stated its nothing Z has done or has not done that has resulted in less overall minutes. From what I remember it was said before he was benched for the ill timed penalties too. I think they're separate issues.

I'm not saying Z has taken a step back... teams like to see progression and not having it stalled out. I think it is pretty reasonable to say Z hasn't taken a step forward in a while. He has spurts of play that posters latch on to saying he finally figured it out... but it always bottoms out again. I agree that Z hasn't done much wrong to warrant the lower minutes. It is that Cole is just a better player, but Cole is really just an average 4... maybe an excellent 4/5. Z not being able to claw away his minutes is a problem to his progression as a defensemen long-term.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm not saying Z has taken a step back... teams like to see progression and not having it stalled out. I think it is pretty reasonable to say Z hasn't taken a step forward in a while. He has spurts of play that posters latch on to saying he finally figured it out... but it always bottoms out again. I agree that Z hasn't done much wrong to warrant the lower minutes. It is that Cole is just a better player, but Cole is really just an average 4... maybe an excellent 4/5. Z not being able to claw away his minutes is a problem to his progression as a defensemen long-term.

I don't see the problem at all. Cole is playing at his peak right now which is a very very good top 4 D. He does not often do that all season, but usually does in the playoffs and for good stretches of the year. Z will get his minutes back if Cole slips, but it would be very difficult to be better than Cole right now in a DFD role. As much as I talk about Z potentially turning into Burns it's pretty much a joke at this point. I'm happy with him as a hard hitting #4 who isn't completely devoid of puck skill. Which pretty much makes him a young less experienced Ian Cole without two cup rings.

Z also seems to be embracing a role as the OFD on his pairing lately. I'm not sure if that is Bednar, or Z just taking a different attitude, but he is pushing the play a lot more lately.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't see the problem at all. Cole is playing at his peak right now which is a very very good top 4 D. He does not often do that all season, but usually does in the playoffs and for good stretches of the year. Z will get his minutes back if Cole slips, but it would be very difficult to be better than Cole right now in a DFD role. As much as I talk about Z potentially turning into Burns it's pretty much a joke at this point. I'm happy with him as a hard hitting #4 who isn't completely devoid of puck skill. Which pretty much makes him a young less experienced Ian Cole without two cup rings.

Z also seems to be embracing a role as the OFD on his pairing lately. I'm not sure if that is Bednar, or Z just taking a different attitude, but he is pushing the play a lot more lately.

I'm not saying Z there in and of itself is a problem. The contract situation, Z's pride, other holes on the team, etc could (keyword) create issues down the line and it lines up with making him a swap piece in the right sort of deal. Personally, I wouldn't make a move like that until the summer and only if the contract looks to be an issue. Until that point, I'd hold steady. Orgs can look at this differently though and you can see where he lines up with the MO of those sorts of deals... and is really the only piece on the Avs that fits and has any value.

Reactions: cgf

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm not saying Z there in and of itself is a problem. The contract situation, Z's pride, other holes on the team, etc could (keyword) create issues down the line and it lines up with making him a swap piece in the right sort of deal. Personally, I wouldn't make a move like that until the summer and only if the contract looks to be an issue. Until that point, I'd hold steady. Orgs can look at this differently though and you can see where he lines up with the MO of those sorts of deals... and is really the only piece on the Avs that fits and has any value.

Yeah very loosely I guess, but we don't have the reasons for moving him that those teams do. We don't need a shakeup, and we definitely don't need to weaken our D by trading him in season. Nor is he a locker room problem, or uncoachable. Like I've said in the past I'd rather let him run back to Russia than be on the ass end of watching him flourish on another team. Especially for the return we'd get.

We have our lesser version of Chara already in Boychuk. We don't need another.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You're apparently the only one who hasn't read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I have not, but I can't be the only one lol. Is that book something they assign a lot in school now? I feel like there are these books for every generation that pretty much everyone has read forced to or otherwise, but it's a different set every 10 years or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad