Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XV| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why replace Soda? He's got a year and a half left on his deal, and we ought to have some center prospects coming up to replace him by then from within unless our development system completely bombs.

I'm not sure there's anyone who can do what he does though. I know I've been one of Carl's harshest critics but he's a big guy who plays quite well in a 2/3 center role and doesn't shy away from physical play. Is there really someone in the pipeline who fits that description? I know Bowers is kinda/sorta the guy a lot of people are counting on to fill a role similar to that but I'm not sure he's quite the bull that Soda can be.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hayes also has 0 goals and 3 assists in his last 15 playoff games. 2 goals and 8 assists in 34 total playoff games. I like Hayes but this offensive driver of production idea, as usual, is pretty overrated.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Ya know, just because you get Hayes now doesn't mean Soda has to be on the next plane out. They can be teammates for a while. They could even be linemates!

But I think he fills a need for a center with size and two-way ability that Soda provides, and I still think he'll be moved before his deal with the Avs expires. For what, I have no idea, but I think Hayes would be an upgrade on Soda...though he'll obviously cost more too.

The question is what NY would be asking for. If they want a first rounder or top prospect then no, but I don't want to speculate beyond that.

Go talk to their fans -- they want both :laugh:

I'm confident they'll get a 1st rounder as the base of any deal.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm not sure there's anyone who can do what he does though. I know I've been one of Carl's harshest critics but he's a big guy who plays quite well in a 2/3 center role and doesn't shy away from physical play. Is there really someone in the pipeline who fits that description? I know Bowers is kinda/sorta the guy a lot of people are counting on to fill a role similar to that but I'm not sure he's quite the bull that Soda can be.
Well, one way or another, he's gone when his contract is over, so we'd better have something ready, because I don't want to re-sign him at age 35. Even if it looks slightly different, between Jost, Compher, Kamenev, Shvyrev, Bowers, and our 2019 1sts, if we can't get a middle six C in time for Soda's UFA we're in a lot more trouble than just not having a Soda replacement.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Someone posted on the trade boards Rantanen for Draisaitl deal. That was an intersting proposal I must say.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wonder how the Blues reportedly offering Pietrangelo to the Leafs for Nylander is going to go over in St. Louis. It didn't happen but Friedman says he still could be dealt at some point. Does O'Reilly get put on the block once again if they start tearing it down?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I wonder how the Blues reportedly offering Pietrangelo to the Leafs for Nylander is going to go over in St. Louis. It didn't happen but Friedman says he still could be dealt at some point. Does O'Reilly get put on the block once again if they start tearing it down?

Was that how Friedman described it? Sounds more like what Toronto offered.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Hayes also has 0 goals and 3 assists in his last 15 playoff games. 2 goals and 8 assists in 34 total playoff games. I like Hayes but this offensive driver of production idea, as usual, is pretty overrated.

It's definitely a concern; but for some perspective, Hayes was a bit player his first two playoff tours (22 GP) with the Rangers. He was only playing 10-12 minutes per night, and was even healthy scratched in the 2016 post-season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Was that how Friedman described it? Sounds more like what Toronto offered.

He said the Blues called the Leafs and brought up Pietrangelo in a deal for Nylander. According to him, it was the Leafs who weren't interested because of Pietrangelo's age/contract.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah the Rangers board is out to lunch with the expectations they have on a Hayes trade.

Some of them are suggesting Makar, or 1st + Kaut, or 1st + Jost/Timmins

They're not getting anything near that. He's an impending UFA with a career high of 46 points. I really dont see how he hold much more value then Kerfoot when you factor in the UFA versus RFA situation for both players. Hayes is the better player no doubt and his size adds some value as well but as a UFA it's not a major difference, both guys are comparable point producers(Hayes better at 5 on 5 while Kerfoot better on the PP).

They'll get a 1st + Something small for Hayes and I'd be ok with paying that price if it's something like Avs 1st + a Greer/Meloche/Kamenev/Shvy type of prospect. But I'm not paying more then that and they're definitely not getting more either. IMO Kerfoot + 2nd is a better package then that but they may not see it that way if they're focused on rebuilding.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
It's hard to know if the Blues are actually serious about selling as much as they are re-tooling. They aren't an old team per-se, but their best players are all in their late 20's, so they aren't exactly building for the future.

On one hand they could be looking at their payroll, looking at the product on the ice, and deciding they're going to blow it up. On the other, they're a team that's only 29 games removed from adding nearly $19 million in annual payroll on veteran forwards.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He said the Blues called the Leafs and brought up Pietrangelo in a deal for Nylander. According to him, it was the Leafs who weren't interested because of Pietrangelo's age/contract.

Interesting. That doesn't sound like Toronto to me. Must be the Dubas effect. Their blue line is pretty overrated IMO. Pietrangelo would be a great fit and might be worth the gamble for them.

As we've learned, you don't get many opportunities to land a stud D man. Either they're not available, or you don't have the assets to pull it off. Both are setup for them to land Pietrangelo now if that report is true.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah the Rangers board is out to lunch with the expectations they have on a Hayes trade.

Some of them are suggesting Makar, or 1st + Kaut, or 1st + Jost/Timmins

They're not getting anything near that. He's an impending UFA with a career high of 46 points. I really dont see how he hold much more value then Kerfoot when you factor in the UFA versus RFA situation for both players. Hayes is the better player no doubt and his size adds some value as well but as a UFA it's not a major difference, both guys are comparable point producers(Hayes better at 5 on 5 while Kerfoot better on the PP).

They'll get a 1st + Something small for Hayes and I'd be ok with paying that price if it's something like Avs 1st + a Greer/Meloche/Kamenev/Shvy type of prospect. But I'm not paying more then that and they're definitely not getting more either. IMO Kerfoot + 2nd is a better package then that but they may not see it that way if they're focused on rebuilding.

A mid to late 1st plus a Kaut level prospect probably isn't far off though. That's why I'm not crazy about the idea.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I think Pietraneglo would be a great fit for the Leafs. Him and Rielly as a D pairing would be awesome.

As for Hayes, I’d rather wait for free agency to see if we can sign him, instead of giving up pieces. I know if we do trade for him, we can re-sign him, but I’d rather take a chance and wait for free agency.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy G

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
A mid to late 1st plus a Kaut level prospect probably isn't far off though. That's why I'm not crazy about the idea.

Its definitely very far off. That's essentially two mid 1st rounders for a ufa who has yet to hit 50 points.

Considering last year Evander Kane only got the Sabres a conditional 1st, and Paul Stastny only got a very late 1st and C level prospect.

Hayes will get one of those two pieces and then one meh piece similar to what Stastny fetched.

1st + Greer is the package I see going from us if it happens.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Its definitely very far off. That's essentially two mid 1st rounders for a ufa who has yet to hit 50 points.

Considering last year Evander Kane only got the Sabres a conditional 1st, and Paul Stastny only got a very late 1st and C level prospect.

Hayes will get one of those two pieces and then one meh piece similar to what Stastny fetched.

1st + Greer is the package I see going from us if it happens.

I'm not sure Stastny is a good comparison. He had an almost $2M higher cap hit and a NTC. He drove the ship on his trade. Hayes doesn't have any sort of NMC/NTC. The Blues had to retain half of Pauls salary too. Kane's a head case, I don't think many teams were that eager to take him on.

Also, I don't think Kaut has a ton of value around the league at this point. Nor does an Avs 1st round pick. I think they'd both be treated similar to two late 1sts, which could be close to what Hayes fetches.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Simple solution. Put both picks on the table with Timmins, Bowers, & Kerf, for both ROR & Tank.

Commence dynastying.
I’m not sure that would be enough, but I would be down for that, hahaha. That would most likely mean Barrie would be dealt ‘cause of the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad