Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XV| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m not sure that would be enough, but I would be down for that, hahaha. That would most likely mean Barrie would be dealt ‘cause of the cap.

Depends on how much of a raise he’ll want *shrug*, Varly would need to be allowed to walk, but ROR & Tank both make only 7.5M. If Mikko will give us a discount & take something that starts with a 9, the math works

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Depends on how much of a raise he’ll want *shrug*, Varly would need to be allowed to walk, but ROR & Tank both make only 7.5M. If Mikko will give us a discount & take something that starts with a 9, the math works
Varly and Wilson will clear up $10M. If we sign Rantanen for anything under $10M, then that would be awesome, but I don’t see it happening, sadly.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah the Rangers board is out to lunch with the expectations they have on a Hayes trade.

Some of them are suggesting Makar, or 1st + Kaut, or 1st + Jost/Timmins

They're not getting anything near that. He's an impending UFA with a career high of 46 points. I really dont see how he hold much more value then Kerfoot when you factor in the UFA versus RFA situation for both players. Hayes is the better player no doubt and his size adds some value as well but as a UFA it's not a major difference, both guys are comparable point producers(Hayes better at 5 on 5 while Kerfoot better on the PP).

They'll get a 1st + Something small for Hayes and I'd be ok with paying that price if it's something like Avs 1st + a Greer/Meloche/Kamenev/Shvy type of prospect. But I'm not paying more then that and they're definitely not getting more either. IMO Kerfoot + 2nd is a better package then that but they may not see it that way if they're focused on rebuilding.
The Nash trade set their expectations for the rest of time.

People need to realize there are only so many 1st rounders to go around at the deadline. Who gets them is based on supply and demand. Names like Panarin, Duchene and Stone are going to occupy a few. Teams who are 6th/7th/8th in their conference aren’t moving any.

KH is good but he may not even return a 1st. The Rags best bet is to be proactive and try to trade him early. Like nowish.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The Nash trade set their expectations for the rest of time.

People need to realize there are only so many 1st rounders to go around at the deadline. Who gets them is based on supply and demand. Names like Panarin, Duchene and Stone are going to occupy a few. Teams who are 6th/7th/8th in their conference aren’t moving any.

KH is good but he may not even return a 1st. The Rags best bet is to be proactive and try to trade him early. Like nowish.

But someone ends up paying the premium for the best guys available. Duchene may or may not be available at the deadline. Same with Pavelski.

Hayes could easily end up the best pending UFA center that's available. That's why I'd rather not get in a bidding war for him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
But someone ends up paying the premium for the best guys available. Duchene may or may not be available at the deadline. Same with Pavelski. Hayes could easily end up the best pending UFA center that's available. That's why I'd rather not get in a bidding war for him.
Yeah if Hayes ends up as the best player he’ll probably get a Hanzal like return.

I just don’t think a 45 point forward is going to be the best player available at the deadline when you look at the upcoming UFA crop.

If Kevin Hayes is getting a first rounder plus, we should say f*** the playoffs and trade Soderberg if 45 point centers are getting returns like that.

Reactions: Bender and Tommy G

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah if Hayes ends up as the best player he’ll probably get a Hanzal like return.

I just don’t think a 45 point forward is going to be the best player available at the deadline when you look at the upcoming UFA crop.

If Kevin Hayes is getting a first rounder plus, we should say **** the playoffs and trade Soderberg if 45 point centers are getting returns like that.

Well Hanzal, Ryan White, and a 4th got Arizona a 1st, 2nd, Gray Downing, and a conditional 4th.

Hanzal had just turned 30, was super injury prone, and never put up more than 41 points. Hayes is 26, has only missed a few games in the NHL, and has put up 49 points.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hayes is a fine player and I wouldn't mind him on the Avs but he's not exactly the type of center I'd like for the second line. I don't think he can carry a line offensively or play a shutdown role. The Rangers don't even play him at center at times and instead have him at RW. He's just a solid player, who will likely get overpaid when he's a free agent. I also wouldn't trade Kaut for the privilege of paying Hayes $5.5-6M/yr.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Hayes is a guy I'd rather have the Avs sign than trade assets for (see: Ian Cole, who Colorado was linked to around this time last year).

I do like Hayes. He's got a great two way game and at age 26 (27 going into next season), you're going to get him going into his prime years.

Reactions: Foppberg

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hayes is good it’s the UFA thing we should be wary about. Hayes would improve the team but the risk of spending top assets on him as a potential short term improvement are not worth the risk - he doesn’t elevate us enough at the moment. This team is not Kevin Hayes away from beating the Predators and Jets in the playoffs.

I actually would put our own first on the table if at the deadline we are looking really solid because we do have the luxury of the Ottawa first. But that’s as risky as I would get (plus whatever minor add ones). And I know a lot of you wouldn’t even go that far. But somebody is going to pay a first+. And he’s a solid player with versatility who also adds some good size and is in the right age bracket, if we could convince him to resign.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well Hanzal, Ryan White, and a 4th got Arizona a 1st, 2nd, Gray Downing, and a conditional 4th.

Hanzal had just turned 30, was super injury prone, and never put up more than 41 points. Hayes is 26, has only missed a few games in the NHL, and has put up 49 points.

Not every GM is that dumb. Pit has made some dumb shit rental deals in years past too. Like others mention Hayes won't likely be the hottest name at the TDL.

I think last year was a good example, and the SJ/Kane trade is what I expect teams to do.

I don't think most people feel they absolutely can't get a 1st round pick either, but the addition isn't going to be a significant piece IMO.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Why do guys want this cancer back??

We sucked when he was here. We traded him to Buffalo and they sucked. They traded him to St. Louis and they suck.

See the pattern?
It's starting to look that way, isn't it? It's hard to dismiss that as a coincidence anymore.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not every GM is that dumb. Pit has made some dumb **** rental deals in years past too. Like others mention Hayes won't likely be the hottest name at the TDL.

I think last year was a good example, and the SJ/Kane trade is what I expect teams to do.

I don't think most people feel they absolutely can't get a 1st round pick either, but the addition isn't going to be a significant piece IMO.

I really don't think Kane was that sought after. I think playoff teams were rightly concerned about his potential distractions at the worst time of year.

There will be better wingers available, but possibly not better centers than Hayes. That could matter to a team looking to trade for and sign one.

I think most of us are in agreement that Hayes could return a 1st+. I'm just not sure Kaut has a ton of value more than other prospects at this point. That's why I don't think it's that far off, and why I wouldn't want to pursue it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I really don't think Kane was that sought after. I think playoff teams were rightly concerned about his potential distractions at the worst time of year.

There will be better wingers available, but possibly not better centers than Hayes. That could matter to a team looking to trade for and sign one.

I think most of us are in agreement that Hayes could return a 1st+. I'm just not sure Kaut has a ton of value more than other prospects at this point. That's why I don't think it's that far off, and why I wouldn't want to pursue it.

Kaut may not have a ton of value, but then again he may. Modern power forwards are a rare commodity, and right handed shots as well. Who knows really tbH. I doubt all GMs follow the same logic as Corey Pronman when evaluating prospects. The guy does not have time for Landeskog/Tkachuk or Kaut/Bowers style prospects. Those guys push the hype train for these prospects.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Kaut may not have a ton of value, but then again he may. Modern power forwards are a rare commodity, and right handed shots as well. Who knows really tbH. I doubt all GMs follow the same logic as Corey Pronman when evaluating prospects. The guy does not have time for Landeskog/Tkachuk or Kaut/Bowers style prospects. Those guys push the hype train for these prospects.

Just to be clear, my reasoning for that isn't a slight on Kaut. It's more that I don't think teams value other team's mid to late 1st rounders, as much as the team that drafted them. They tend to prefer a fresh 1st round pick they can make on their own. In terms of pure value, I think he might be closer to a high 2nd for many teams. NYR might be one of them, it's hard to tell.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just to be clear, my reasoning for that isn't a slight on Kaut. It's more that I don't think teams value other team's mid to late 1st rounders, as much as the team that drafted them. They tend to prefer a fresh 1st round pick they can make on their own. In terms of pure value, I think he might be closer to a high 2nd for many teams. NYR might be one of them, it's hard to tell.

That probably depends on how they viewed the player on their own board, and how the D+1 is going, but I can admit its difficult to judge.

Reactions: Tommy G

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Avs shouldn't trade anything valuable for a rental imo. The team is not good enough to compete this year and we will need those assets in the future. I would much rather not do anything this season. Just wait and fix the 2nd line in the summer. Also Hayes should not be the primary target when there are potentially going to be players like Stone and Panarin available. We need to be more ambitious and get a first line talent who will drive the second line.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
I’m not sure that would be enough, but I would be down for that, hahaha. That would most likely mean Barrie would be dealt ‘cause of the cap.
Surely Makar is involved if they asked for both. But there’s no way ROR will ever be an Av again.

Tarasenko isn’t getting moved imo. But if Sakic is smart he’ll send an offer involving anything but Makar, Current Avs, and the Sens Pick. Multiple 1sts, prospects. Avs can compete this year with that kind of gamble and it doesn’t affect the future as imo the cap space and Makar signing plus a theoretical top 5 pick will surely leave no holes on the team that can’t be filled cheaply and easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad