Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XV| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I agree it wouldn't be the Boedker cost, hence why I said "like an upgraded version of Boedker". I was referring to an upgraded version of the whole thing -- player and cost.

We'll see what happens. I remember after the Duchene trade McKenzie said Sakic viewed those three picks he got as currency to use elsewhere. Obviously everything changed with the Sens falling off a cliff, and Sakic did retain all his picks last year so maybe his philosophy has entirely shifted, but I don't get the sense he or the Avs organization value picks quite as much as the fans.

I have 0 issue moving our pick in the right deal. The Ottawa pick is only consider moving after the lottery. Depending on what it ends up as.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I agree it wouldn't be the Boedker cost, hence why I said "like an upgraded version of Boedker". I was referring to an upgraded version of the whole thing -- player and cost.

We'll see what happens. I remember after the Duchene trade McKenzie said Sakic viewed those three picks he got as currency to use elsewhere. Obviously everything changed with the Sens falling off a cliff, and Sakic did retain all his picks last year so maybe his philosophy has entirely shifted, but I don't get the sense he or the Avs organization value picks quite as much as the fans.

He did trade down with one of the picks to grab 2 more, so he didn't keep all of them. Also Sakic has shown to be a very competent GM when it comes to taking advantage of every available resource, and when given time has shown to produce strong results. So I don't think he favors any particular method, or rather is willing to pursue any. So each additional pick, like all of this picks are options and if a trade that involves one is something he likes I don't think he would hesitate to pull the trigger.

Like everything he has done he it's likely just good management by weighing all of his options.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
He did trade down with one of the picks to grab 2 more, so he didn't keep all of them. Also Sakic has shown to be a very competent GM when it comes to taking advantage of every available resource, and when given time has shown to produce strong results. So I don't think he favors any particular method, or rather is willing to pursue any. So each additional pick, like all of this picks are options and if a trade that involves one is something he likes I don't think he would hesitate to pull the trigger.

Like everything he has done he it's likely just good management by weighing all of his options.

Will he ever win big with an offer sheet?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Will he ever win big with an offer sheet?

Its all about interpretation, same with the UFA. I would say winning big in UFA is by not signing bad deals (which imo most of them are), so in this case because OS are designed to not ever make sense, he would likely win big by not ever having anything to do with one.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
It has been mentioned a few times that Sakic has been a pretty convincing presence when it comes to UFA's. An interesting question though.

In this case its probably kinda like with Cole, where its a player the Avs have identified for a while they feel could be a fit here.

As a fan, I can understand that. These guys grew up idolizing Sakic, just like we did, and having him want you to come and play for his team is pretty damn exciting.

Apparently he's a heavy pot smoker? I don't know the story behind it but they keep referring to it on the NYR board. Someone even made a parody twitter account about it back in 2015:

Stoner Kevin Hayes (@StonerKevHayes) | Twitter

Haha, I didn't know that about him. I guess it makes sense that he wants to be here, then. If he signs here or gets traded here, I'll have to ask some of my stoner friends if they ever see him in the shops. At 6'5", he'll be hard to miss.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Maybe for picks beyond the 1st round. For example, I could easily see him trading a 2nd+ to get some help if he feels there's a right deal out there. However, I'll have to actually see him trade a 1st before saying they might not value them as highly as fans. Since taking over he has yet to trade a 1st no matter how high or low it is. That could just be because of the situation and now with a potential playoff team on the rise and two 1sts to play with he could move one but that hasn't been his style.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Rangers fans want a 1st and Kaut or Jost for Hayes but thankfully are willing to eat Soderberg’s contract too.

Thank god. I mean Soderberg has as many points and more goals than Hayes. He makes less money with an extra year before he’s due more money. He plays with far less line mates. But thank god the Rangers would be willing to eat his contract.

Holy **** those guys are delusional.
That's why I called them the Maple Leafs of the United States in another thread and got angry responses from them. Every player they think is worth a 1st rounder at minimum, even though we can potentially get Hayes for free in summer.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Wonder if there enough game left in Jeff Carter and/or if he could help the 2nd line. Presumably he would cost less than some of the other bigger names out there.

He is on a very fiscal friendly deal (5 this year then,3,2,2) with a cap hit of 5.275 for 3 more seasons. Fiscally it benefits the Avs and his contract would be movable to a team that wants to hit the floor basically at any point along the way if the Avs need the space.

He adds a scoring touch to the 2nd line, winning vet leadership, bit of size and snarl, and is above average on face-offs. Not having a great season and has slowed a bit, but still putting points up on a terrible LA team. Put him out there with Jost and Kerfoot, allows Wilson to slot down the lineup?

Curious what the ask would be from LA?

Avs:
Carter

Kings:
Andrighetto (some speed into the lineup)
Francouz (they need goaltending bodies)
One of the Avs D prospects (not Makar)
2nd Round Pick 2019 (upgrades to Avs 1st round pick 2019 if Avs make WCF)

Get it done for LA?

Reactions: Freaky Styley

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wonder if there enough game left in Jeff Carter and/or if he could help the 2nd line. Presumably he would cost less than some of the other bigger names out there.

He is on a very fiscal friendly deal (5 this year then,3,2,2) with a cap hit of 5.275 for 3 more seasons. Fiscally it benefits the Avs and his contract would be movable to a team that wants to hit the floor basically at any point along the way if the Avs need the space.

He adds a scoring touch to the 2nd line, winning vet leadership, bit of size and snarl, and is above average on face-offs. Not having a great season and has slowed a bit, but still putting points up on a terrible LA team. Put him out there with Jost and Kerfoot, allows Wilson to slot down the lineup?

Avs:
Carter

Kings:

Get it done for LA?

I think I'd rather go see if Dallas wants to pay us to take Spezza from them.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Or just pass on 35 yo players altogether.

Yes

I actually think Spezza would be an ok (expensive as f***) addition this year. I liked the way hes played when I've seen him this year. If you wanted to add someone basically for free to help just this year with zero commitment I'd support it.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Avs:
Carter

Kings:

Get it done for LA?

He does not fit our core group age, he will be 34 years old January 1st.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Yes

I actually think Spezza would be an ok (expensive as ****) addition this year. I liked the way hes played when I've seen him this year. If you wanted to add someone basically for free to help just this year with zero commitment I'd support it.
Would this be his contract year?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Would this be his contract year?

Yeah, hes a UFA at the end of the year. Just an idea for a player who has talent, and could give you a good run for the second half and maybe playoffs with a bump from getting a change of scenery. It's not really a secret that Spezza hasn't been happy the last couple of years in Dallas. Now I've liked what I've seen in my viewings lately, but I haven't done any sort of deep dive stats wise. If you wanted to make a very shrewd move, that costs little to nothing in order to attempt to add something to the roster it could make sense.

Hes got 18 points this year, and a 58% in the dot. Just saying..

Last edited:

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Yeah, hes a UFA at the end of the year. Just an idea for a player who has talent, and could give you a good run for the second half and maybe playoffs with a bump from getting a change of scenery. It's not really a secret that Spezza hasn't been happy the last couple of years in Dallas. Now I've liked what I've seen in my viewings lately, but I haven't done any sort of deep dive stats wise. If you wanted to make a very shrewd move, that costs little to nothing in order to attempt to add something to the roster it could make sense.
I think that is a good guy for Sakic to look into. He's gone after this season and if he isnt retiring maybe he has alot to prove. Low risk and high reward
I hope the cost would be reasonable.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think that is a good guy for Sakic to look into. He's gone after this season and if he isnt retiring maybe he has alot to prove. Low risk and high reward
I hope the cost would be reasonable.

If Dallas sinks any further they'd probably just be happy not to pay his salary in the second half of the year. They might not do it if they're right on the bubble come January or February, but who knows.

His cap is 7.5M, which does not matter to us, and might even at TDL numbers to a lot of contenders they might be trying to sell to. Do it early enough and save them enough real money, and I think that plays into the price.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AZ recent trade Strome/Perlini for Schmaltz which are 2-1sts for 1-1st round players. It does give some indication they're looking for NHL or near ready players. They're not afraid to move the players if they've stagnated in their development.

Crouse is playing on the 1st line, so they're likely keeping him for at least the short term. AVs would have to offer something like Bowers or Meloche + 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->