Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XV| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I hope Joe Sakic doesn't do anything big at the deadline for rentals like Hayes, we are not quite there yet, we are not one piece away from being a cup contender. Keep our 1st and 2nd round picks.

Now, if he can find someone available that could contribute now and for the next three years or so, then it's a different conversation.

Reactions: CB Joe

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Rangers fans want a 1st and Kaut or Jost for Hayes but thankfully are willing to eat Soderberg’s contract too.

Thank god. I mean Soderberg has as many points and more goals than Hayes. He makes less money with an extra year before he’s due more money. He plays with far less line mates. But thank god the Rangers would be willing to eat his contract.

Holy **** those guys are delusional.

Actually it's even worse. They want a 1st & one of Meloche / Greer / Shvyry :mad:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Teams with bigger fanbases tend to have more outspoken crazies... nothing new to see there. See every Toronto trade thread ever.

This. So much this. As many of you know I'm a knicks fan, and since they share a building & an owner many of them are also Rangers fans. And though there's a lot of knowledge Knicks/Rangers fans, there's also tons of Bleed Well's because of just how massive the fanbases are.

The place where I talk about basketball requires orders of magnitude more people to be on my ignore list than talking hockey with y'all's :laugh:

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Colorado's 1st + a 3rd/middle of the pack prospect for Hayes seems fair and pretty close to market value.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Not much risk. I mean, he's not "THE guy" that's going to push us to the next level. If we don't get him, that's okay, as long as we pursue someone for the 2nd line.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Or we could wait until after the draft to trade for Zibby before chasing the FA star wingers who'll actually be worth all of the money they'll get on market. :naughty:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Colorado's 1st + a 3rd/middle of the pack prospect for Hayes seems fair and pretty close to market value.

I agree this is about a fair assessment on return. Still rather wait as a UFA, he seems to like the city and can't see him extending with the AVs.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I agree this is about a fair assessment on return. Still rather wait as a UFA, he seems to like the city and can't see him extending with the AVs.
I agree. If he makes it to free agency I think the Avs have an excellent shot at getting him. But he might not make it to free agency and if he does someone else might drive up the price.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Or we could wait until after the draft to trade for Zibby before chasing the FA star wingers who'll actually be worth all of the money they'll get on market. :naughty:

Yeah that's probably the biggest concern. What exactly will Hayes cost on a contract.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Yeah that's probably the biggest concern. What exactly will Hayes cost on a contract.

That is why i think Kadri is the perfect guy for us to target in the offseason (don't think the Leafs would trade him this season), he would have three more years at a pretty good cap hit, can be the #2C next season and slides down to #3C as Soderberg leaves and our 1st round pick (Hughes/Dach/Cozens/Turcotte, etc..) develops.

As for the trade deadline the most i would sacrifice for a rental is a 2nd round + b level prospect + Guetto (sorry).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Bingo. I think he'll get over 6M and that's not bad in the current climate as long as it's under 7...but I'd much rather trade for a Zibby who's signed at 5.35M per for another 3 years and only pay FA prices for Panarin / Stone.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Bingo. I think he'll get over 6M and that's not bad in the current climate as long as it's under 7...but I'd much rather trade for a Zibby who's signed at 5.35M per for another 3 years and only pay FA prices for Panarin / Stone.

Yeah I thought about it a bit, but it's really difficult to come up with a trade price that I'd be ok with. All I kept thinking to myself was, "What if the f***er want's 6.5-7M/yr to extend?" 5.5M? Yeah I'd give up a 1st + a Greer type prospect with conditions on re-signing I guess. I see a value in him going forward especially since he could take over for Soda or switch to wing while Kaut is still developing for the 2nd line role. I just cannot imagine paying him something starting with a 6..

Hayes would help us a metric shit ton against teams like Winnipeg and Nashville too though. The idea of acquiring him just brings a lot of mixed thoughts.

If they get him, and extend him. They need to front load his contract as much as possible so that hes an easy move in the back half if it becomes necessary.

Reactions: cgf

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Eh.. No to a 1st. Somebody will probably give it but I hope it's not us. Hope we can get him in UFA but don't throw away quality futures for him.

Just to play devil's advocate... When was the last time the Avs selected a player #11 and beyond that worked out for the organization? You could argue Picks in 2010. Certainly Barrie and ROR in 2009. 8 drafts after now with no results.

Describes Crouse pretty well.

Probably should wait on that a bit... he got jerked around a bit, but he's looking better of late and might end up popping 20g this season. After all he has 2 more goals than Jost and only 3 less points (1 less ES) while not getting nearly the prime minutes.

Reactions: hooverdam

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just to play devil's advocate... When was the last time the Avs selected a player #11 and beyond that worked out for the organization? You could argue Picks in 2010. Certainly Barrie and ROR in 2009. 8 drafts after now with no results.

Probably should wait on that a bit... he got jerked around a bit, but he's looking better of late and might end up popping 20g this season. After all he has 2 more goals than Jost and only 3 less points (1 less ES) while not getting nearly the prime minutes.

Maybe you answered this already and I missed it, but what do you think it would take to extend Hayes or sign him as a UFA? The only reason I ask you is because you seem so sure he'd sign here fairly easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino