Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XIX|Never Stop (Losing) Never Stopping (The Losing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Why is it so difficult for people to admit that the current structure and makeup of the team isn't getting it done.

I understand that it's a difficult thing to hear that our favorites aren't getting the the job done. But they simply aren't. If moving a player like Barrie or EJ makes us a better team, then a move needs to be made.

Aren't the most you around here sick and tired of watching the same season play out every single year? I for one am, and would be an advocate of moving any player outside of the top line, who has proven to not be the problem.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nate Clurman? I'm not sure he'd bring back enough to fix anything.. :dunno:

:punk:

Not his own, but can you imagine what we’d get if we combined the Nate’s into a single package? We’d need to bring Guenin back & throw him in, just to have a chance of getting any deal for that package approved by the league office!

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not his own, but can you imagine what we’d get if we combined the Nate’s into a single package? We’d need to bring Guenin back & throw him in, just to have a chance of getting any deal for that package approved by the league office!

:rolleyes:

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Yes, let's take away the puckmovers and make the defense big and slow...because that worked so well the last couple times they tried it.

Yes. Because the undersized puck movers are helping us so much right now.

Last I checked its working for Nashville, Winnipeg and TB.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
@OwenNolan told me last night that I must be new to hockey. Then he suggests we give Myers $7M, and $6M each for Ferland and Howard. :laugh:

Relax.

Who cares about the money. I looked at how much they are getting now and fiqured they would have to get raises to come here.

And Ferland is said to be looking for Tom Wilson money.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
The Avs have given up the least amount of scoring chances in the league in 2019 yet our goalies have reached .900 3 times.

Keep arguing how great our goaltending is bud.

We’re giving up very few shots. The ones we are giving up are from outside. We’re in the top third of goal scoring. But yeah goaltending has nothing to do with our failures.
I argued with this dude in the game day thread @ Vancouver. Apparently our goaltending is fine and Barrie needs to be shipped out.

:laugh:

Sick write up on the main boards my dude. That was 100%

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Paradoxically the slump makes this a more attractive destination for Cale Morris. There’s no denying there’s opportunity for a goalie here.
I've been calling for Cale Morris for a couple of weeks now. Great opportunity for him due to our situation and he is from Colorado.

Gru and Frankie battle it out at the NHL level and Werner and Morris at the AHL. If Martin wants to stay with the Avs he goes to Utah.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I've been calling for Cale Morris for a couple of weeks now. Great opportunity for him due to our situation and he is from Colorado.

Gru and Frankie battle it out at the NHL level and Werner and Morris at the AHL. If Martin wants to stay with the Avs he goes to Utah.

Do we have room for Pajpach, Kvaca, Annunen, Shmakov, etc. in Utah?

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Paradoxically the slump makes this a more attractive destination for Cale Morris. There’s no denying there’s opportunity for a goalie here.
Someone should let Francouz know about this opportunity.

Reactions: cgf

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Why is it so difficult for people to admit that the current structure and makeup of the team isn't getting it done.

I understand that it's a difficult thing to hear that our favorites aren't getting the the job done. But they simply aren't. If moving a player like Barrie or EJ makes us a better team, then a move needs to be made.

Aren't the most you around here sick and tired of watching the same season play out every single year? I for one am, and would be an advocate of moving any player outside of the top line, who has proven to not be the problem.

I dont remember the last season where the Avs were a Top 5 possession team giving up the lowest number of scoring chances in the league, with a bottom 3 sv% in net.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I dont remember the last season where the Avs were a Top 5 possession team giving up the lowest number of scoring chances in the league, with a bottom 3 sv% in net.
You can nit pick stats all you want to "prove" that every season is different. But bottom line is we miss the playoffs almost every year, and most years we aren't close and end up with a top 5-10 pick.

Seems like the same season to me. So I guess I'm saying that I'm sick of being a bottom 10 team that picks highly every single year but never really gets better. Didn't really matter how we get to that point, the results end up the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad