Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XIX|Never Stop (Losing) Never Stopping (The Losing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
They need to put anyone not part of the "CORE" on the block . Any UFAs should automatically be traded for any draft pick they fetch.

Wilson LW UFA
Nemeth LD UFA
Bourque LW/RW UFA
Varlamov G UFA

Andrighetto LW RFA

Calvert LW 1 year left
Cole LD 2 years left
Barberio LD 1 year left
Nieto 1 year left

Offseason : I could see us seeing the value for EJ and Barrie The defense right now is not working. We have offensive minded guys coming up. I can see changes in the defense.

Its time to clean some house and let some younger guys play since these guys arent doing the job. Still cant believe Bednar put Wilson on the top line.
The problem is how many of those guys are going to actually draw interest, Wilson, Cole, maybe Nemeth. Outside of that I doubt anyone wants any of our garbage. I don't think they should move Cole or Calvert, any of the rest I would be happy to see no longer blocking younger players at this point.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Don't worry Chet just assume everything is directed at me.

*Tin Foil Hat*

Columbus trades Bob to Florida for a package that includes Reimer coming back. (Luongo likes florida too much to waive)

Avs trade Varlamov for Reimer and Anderson

Reimer probably has better numbers than Varlamov but Reimer is signed for 2 more years and is not the answer, Varlamov might have been just good enough the past few years to trick someone to thinking he could be the answer.

Reimer nor Varly are the answer there.... The King of Rock n Roll/Lugano is the answer though.

Reactions: cgf and S3rkie

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's Brooks so you have to be careful when believing it but 8 years for a 31 year old goalie, who is having the worst season of his career, doesn't seem like a very smart decision to me.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
It's Brooks so you have to be careful when believing it but 8 years for a 31 year old goalie, who is having the worst season of his career, doesn't seem like a very smart decision to me.
It's Florida, that sounds just about right.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yikes at the idea of 8 years for Bob. I'd not be comfortable to go over 4.

Reactions: Meeqs

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I wonder if the Avs look in to Ryan Miller. He only played 10 games before getting injured but he put up decent stats. It sounds like he could be back practicing soon. I wonder if he'd be willing to go here and be ready to go before the Avs implode.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
If only there was a potential franchise goalie available this year at around where the Avs should draft. :sarcasm:
It's looking like they will probably draft a lot higher than that if things keep going the same way. I wouldn't mind them trading down picking up more picks though.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Is it knight?
Yeah, if they land in the 6-10 range with their own pick, can get the player they want with the OTT 1st, and think he's going to last longer I'm sure someone in the draft is going to be looking to move up. A lot of ifs though. It would be nice to pick up another 2nd or something.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's looking like they will probably draft a lot higher than that if things keep going the same way. I wouldn't mind them trading down picking up more picks though.

If they want Knight then you pick him if he's available wherever you pick (as long as it's outside of the top 5 of course). Trading down is dangerous business, Price was supposed to go 13th and went 5th. Like I said in the draft thread some "expert" even had Knight at 7th like 2 weeks ago and he's trending up. Goalies with that kind of potential aren't available at every draft so if someone wants one he has to pick him early. The fact that we have 2 first picks this year also helps if we want to make a move in that direction.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
If they want Knight then you pick him if he's available wherever you pick (as long as it's outside of the top 5 of course). Trading down is dangerous business, Price was supposed to go 13th and went 5th. Like I said in the draft thread some "expert" even had Knight at 7th like 2 weeks ago and he's trending up. Goalies with that kind of potential aren't available at every draft so if someone wants one he has to pick him early. The fact that we have 2 first picks this year also helps.
It sure as shit would be the year to do it. I just really wonder with their recent goalie approach in the draft if they would have the courage to make that call.

Reactions: Balthazar

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I think Knight jumps up. Goaltender's numbers are down this year and I wonder if that has GM's re-evaluating their own goalies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I was meaning in my "guesses" about how much they will get genius.

Sign Myers, Howard and Ferland for who knows how much....

Does that dumb it down for you?
Don't throw out numbers and then say "who cares about the money"

Makes you look like a fool. Be realistic if you're going to suggest things.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Yeah the last few early round goaltenders that I can remember have worked out well. I would definitely take Knight anywhere outside of the top 10 assuming the Avs have both their picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->