Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XIX|Never Stop (Losing) Never Stopping (The Losing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
The athletic article from Ryan Clark with interviews with the D after the vancouver game is pretty good. Most of the guys are saying "it is a 5 man game, we need 5 people to execute"

Sure sounds like a coaching issue to me....

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I’d trade Grubauer + Ottawa’s 1st easily.
I definitely would not, Gibson has rarely been healthy. Some of these might've been fluke injuries and others might have not been, but he's too much of a wildcard to give up a top 3 pick for even if he's superb when he actually plays.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So. Mack can go play for the Jets tomorrow for all i care. We arent The Colorado Mackinalanche
Sh!t if the friggin isles can be a BETTER team w/o JT i think we have some hope

Totally different situations. They have a top 2 coach in the league, we have Bednar who's solid but not great. They also have a lot of good/solid players where as we are incredibly top heavy. If we lose Mackinnon to UFA like the Isles did Tavares we'd be totally f***ed. We'd have 2 top 6 players, no depth, and wouldn't have an elite coach to help keep the ship afloat.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Quit nitpicking. As long as you ignore everything that's different, it's the same season over & over again.
Lol keep telling me I'm wrong, most of our seasons have ended the same way. Missed playoffs badly, high lottery pick. Rinse repeat.

It's like a math problem you and I might solve it differently but we get the same answer. The seasons themselves have played out differently, but the end result is same core players, same bad team that misses playoffs by a ton.

Yep we haven't had a season where the goalies completely shit the bed, but all the other stuff was decent until now, but we still get the same crap result at the end of the year.

Something is wrong with the makeup of this team. You shouldn't have this many failed seasons with the same general core of guys. At some point you have to take the next step. Or you just become the US version of Edmonton, which we pretty much are at this point.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lol keep telling me I'm wrong, most of our seasons have ended the same way. Missed playoffs badly, high lottery pick. Rinse repeat.

It's like a math problem you and I might solve it differently but we get the same answer. The seasons themselves have played out differently, but the end result is same core players, same bad team that misses playoffs by a ton.

Yep we haven't had a season where the goalies completely **** the bed, but all the other stuff was decent until now, but we still get the same crap result at the end of the year.

Something is wrong with the makeup of this team. You shouldn't have this many failed seasons with the same general core of guys. At some point you have to take the next step. Or you just become the US version of Edmonton, which we pretty much are at this point.

I'm with you. We should cash in on MacK before he punches Bednar & tanks his value!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
haha sure but unless they are willing to go bonkers in FA this year i think we better plan on a future sans Mack

Or why we should just trade OTT 1st + COL 1st + Jost + Timmins + Gru for Gibson + Rakell and EJ + Kerfoot for Kadri + Zaitsev...

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's funny how certain posters play dead when things are going good and then when things turn they spring to life...
Haha I assume this is your lame attempt to trash me, because you don't agree with me. sorry I guess I'm sick and tired of watching my favorite team suck.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Haha I assume this is your lame attempt to trash me, because you don't agree with me. sorry I guess I'm sick and tired of watching my favorite team suck.
At this point you should just accept the fact the Avs are falling into another slide of epic proportions, and nothing will be done about it until the off-season. Obviously we would all love to see them start winning and make the playoffs, but it is naive to think that they are going to turn this around.

Just focus on the dream of adding Makar+Hughes/Kakko+possibly another 18 year old forward to the roster for next season.

Reactions: Iceberg

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Not directed at just you, no.

Don't worry Chet just assume everything is directed at me.

*Tin Foil Hat*

Columbus trades Bob to Florida for a package that includes Reimer coming back. (Luongo likes florida too much to waive)

Avs trade Varlamov for Reimer and Anderson

Reimer probably has better numbers than Varlamov but Reimer is signed for 2 more years and is not the answer, Varlamov might have been just good enough the past few years to trick someone to thinking he could be the answer.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
At this point you should just accept the fact the Avs are falling into another slide of epic proportions, and nothing will be done about it until the off-season. Obviously we would all love to see them start winning and make the playoffs, but it is naive to think that they are going to turn this around.

Just focus on the dream of adding Makar+Hughes/Kakko+possibly another 18 year old forward to the roster for next season.
It's already been accepted. And I fully understand that nothing will be done about it until off-season.

I think people believe I'm advocating make dumb moves, and trade everyone. I'm not. I'm advocating that there should really only be a handful of untouchables ie 1st line, Makar, Girard and out 1sts this year. Everything else should be at least discussed with teams around the league. I'm not saying we should trade Barrie or EJ just that they should be available.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
It's already been accepted. And I fully understand that nothing will be done about it until off-season.

I think people believe I'm advocating make dumb moves, and trade everyone. I'm not. I'm advocating that there should really only be a handful of untouchables ie 1st line, Makar, Girard and out 1sts this year. Everything else should be at least discussed with teams around the league. I'm not saying we should trade Barrie or EJ just that they should be available.

I am with Chet on this one.

You don't need to do something crazy but this is the second epic slide the Avs have accomplished. Sakic can sit there and say we are "looking to the future" and "only want to think long term" but that is not working. That is taking a team that was overperforming to the tune of challenging for 1st in the west to literally the worst team in the league.

Sakic cannot sit there and do nothing again because nothing is not working and that is not the right message to send to the team. Do you think Makar would want to come up and play for a team that has nothing to play for?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

*Tin Foil Hat*

Columbus trades Bob to Florida for a package that includes Reimer coming back. (Luongo likes florida too much to waive)

Reimer probably has better numbers than Varlamov but Reimer is signed for 2 more years and is not the answer, Varlamov might have been just good enough the past few years to trick someone to thinking he could be the answer.

Lol nah not you Badger

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

First of all I love EJ. But he says this every single year and eventually it gets old. I know Sakic is to loyal to trade a good guy like EJ who has wanted to be part of the solution through all the rough patches, but when EJ has to preach every year that changes are coming because of their failures, maybe you start looking to see what he can return.

Reactions: dahrougem2
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I am with Chet on this one.

You don't need to do something crazy but this is the second epic slide the Avs have accomplished. Sakic can sit there and say we are "looking to the future" and "only want to think long term" but that is not working. That is taking a team that was overperforming to the tune of challenging for 1st in the west to literally the worst team in the league.

Sakic cannot sit there and do nothing again because nothing is not working and that is not the right message to send to the team. Do you think Makar would want to come up and play for a team that has nothing to play for?

You wanna bet that Sakic can't sit there and do nothing? Cause I'm pretty certain he most definitely can. Who is going to call him on it? I don't think the Kroenke's even remember they own a hockey team.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sorry sick of watching my team lose every single year. Glad you're ok with being terrible.

No it’s just convenient that you(and some others) never post when the team is doing well. But once the team goes on a losing streak you pop right on in.

I’m not saying that you don’t have valid points. Because you do, but I only see you post super negative stuff during losing streaks and what not.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
No it’s just convenient that you(and some others) never post when the team is doing well. But once the team goes on a losing streak you pop right on in.

I’m not saying that you don’t have valid points. Because you do, but I only see you post super negative stuff during losing streaks and what not.
I post all the time, including plenty in the first two months this season. When you are winning the isn't as much to say.

What am I supposed to say? Good job keep on doing the same thing? I felt like I was giving the team and the coach praise for their solid start to the year. They deserved it.

But when you go on a two-three month shit show, everyone in here should be fired up and annoyed. And the team deserves to get trashed. But it seems like most are just ho hum on it.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Not many GM's sit on their hands like Sakic does. If Sakic's plan is to let it run it's course and wait for the young guys why not start selling assets now? The team is clearly going nowhere might as well tank.
He was pretty well vindicated for that last year.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO

*Tin Foil Hat*

I think Reimer would just be more of the same, guy is just as hot/cold as Varly. I'd rather they give Frank a shot before they move for a goalie with term.

Reactions: cgf and Bubba Thudd

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
They need to put anyone not part of the "CORE" on the block . Any UFAs should automatically be traded for any draft pick they fetch.

Wilson LW UFA
Nemeth LD UFA
Bourque LW/RW UFA
Varlamov G UFA

Andrighetto LW RFA

Calvert LW 1 year left
Cole LD 2 years left
Barberio LD 1 year left
Nieto 1 year left

Offseason : I could see us seeing the value for EJ and Barrie The defense right now is not working. We have offensive minded guys coming up. I can see changes in the defense.

Its time to clean some house and let some younger guys play since these guys arent doing the job. Still cant believe Bednar put Wilson on the top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->