Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XIX|Never Stop (Losing) Never Stopping (The Losing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Look at the defense he’s playing behind. I know the Avs defense sucks but it’s a lot better then the product he has to play behind every night. Hell Martin faced like 60 something shots like a week ago with the eagles. When Frank has played for the Avs the boys play better in front of him. The season looks like it’s going down the ****ter best case scenario is he turns into the ham burgler for a stretch and the worst case he sucks and the Avs play the same way they have been. Doesn’t hurt to try.

So that defense for the Eagles is to blame for some stats but its not a problem for the Avs? Nice how that works.

We have 2 undersized guys in Barrie and Girard who are complete liabilities in their own end. They cant win a puck battle or clear the front of the net if their lives depended on it. Throw in Cole who is mediocre right now and was directly responsible for the 1st goal last night when he made a horrible decision to pinch leading to a 2 on 1 and Nemeth who is a walking pylon. Zadorov is inconsistent but at least he is physical.

We have 4 guys who are liabilities and playing more minutes than they should. We need a guy who can play 24 or 25 minutes a night.

Secondary scoring is a huge problem as we are lacking an entire 2nd line but the draft and a free agent should solve that. But we also need a top pair of Dmen.

Erik Karlsson would be great but I don't know if he would come here. Money talks though. Tyler Myers would be a nice consolations. Maybe we can make a trade for Oscar Klefbom and his 25 minutes a night. I'd do Barrie for Klefbom.

I don't know what to do with Girard either. He has not been good this year.

Sign Tyler Myers 5 years, 35M
Sign Michael Ferland 5 years, 30M
Sign Jimmy Howard 2 years, 12M
Trade Tyson Barrie for Oscar Klefbom
Draft Jack Hughes #1
Draft Kaapo Kakko #2

Ferland- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Landeskog- Hughes- Kakko
Kerfoot- Soderberg- Kaut
Nieto- Compher- Calvert

Myers - Klefbom
Zadorov - EJ
Cole - Makar

Howard
Grubauer/Francouz

Reactions: NOTENOUGHBREWER

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So that defense for the Eagles is to blame for some stats but its not a problem for the Avs? Nice how that works.

We have 2 undersized guys in Barrie and Girard who are complete liabilities in their own end. They cant win a puck battle or clear the front of the net if their lives depended on it. Throw in Cole who is mediocre right now and was directly responsible for the 1st goal last night when he made a horrible decision to pinch leading to a 2 on 1 and Nemeth who is a walking pylon. Zadorov is inconsistent but at least he is physical.

We have 4 guys who are liabilities and playing more minutes than they should. We need a guy who can play 24 or 25 minutes a night.

Secondary scoring is a huge problem as we are lacking an entire 2nd line but the draft and a free agent should solve that. But we also need a top pair of Dmen.

Erik Karlsson would be great but I don't know if he would come here. Money talks though. Tyler Myers would be a nice consolations. Maybe we can make a trade for Oscar Klefbom and his 25 minutes a night. I'd do Barrie for Klefbom.

Draft Jack Hughes #1
Draft Kaapo Kakko #2

Landeskog- Hughes- Kakko
Kerfoot- Soderberg- Kaut
Nieto- Compher- Calvert

Myers - Klefbom
Zadorov - EJ
Cole - Makar

Howard
Grubauer/Francouz

Myers? :laugh: omg it gets better and better :laugh:

Reactions: cgf

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Makar, Kaut, (Kam, Greer, Jost.) Who are pretty much rookies, Our/Ott pick, Timmins? Bowers? Meloche?
So many rookies next year.. Scary
We need a stud #1 D that can slow s*** down and take control badly. This year, and with prob 3-4 rookies next year even more so if not addressed this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hornstar and Avs44

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

Draft Jack Hughes #1
Draft Kaapo Kakko #2

Landeskog- Hughes- Kakko
Kerfoot- Soderberg- Kaut
Nieto- Compher- Calvert

Myers - Klefbom
Zadorov - EJ
Cole - Makar

Howard
Grubauer/Francouz
$7M for Myers, $6M each for Ferland and Howard? Lmao!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
@OwenNolan told me last night that I must be new to hockey. Then he suggests we give Myers $7M, and $6M each for Ferland and Howard. :laugh:
Lol he needs to step away from NHL19.

Let's overpay every aging trash player in ufa, to huge contracts. Seems like a fabulous idea.

Some players the Avs should look into on the other hand are Bob, Panarin, Gardiner, Stone, Hayes, Silfverberg, Dzingel.

We should also be willing to pull the trigger on big moves like moving guys like Barrie, EJ. Something has to give, the guys in the locker room aren't getting it done time to move on from some of them.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lol he needs to step away from NHL19.

Let's overpay every aging trash player in ufa, to huge contracts. Seems like a fabulous idea.

Some players the Avs should look into on the other hand are Bob, Panarin, Gardiner, Stone, Hayes, Silfverberg, Dzingel.

We should also be willing to pull the trigger on big moves like moving guys like Barrie, EJ. Something has to give, the guys in the locker room aren't getting it done time to move on from some of them.

:facepalm:

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I wouldnt mind Myers. But he's a righty. Avs already have Johnson, Barrie and Makar. Who moves to the left?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
What exactly has Barrie led us to? Last I checked he has been here for a long time and we have what two first round playoff losses to show for it.

At a certain point it's clear that the big name guys aren't getting results.

I know it's tough because he has been productive, but he's not helping us get wins. We need a complete culture change, includes moving on from some big name guys.

Reactions: 5280

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What exactly has Barrie led us to? Last I checked he has been here for a long time and we have what two first round playoff losses to show for it.

At a certain point it's clear that the big name guys aren't getting results.

I know it's tough because he has been productive, but he's not helping us get wins. We need a complete culture change, includes moving on from some big name guys.
Lol this logic is absolutely flawless.

Tyson Barrie has been here ONE full season longer than Nathan MacKinnon, and that season was the lockout shortened season.

So, what exactly has MacKinnon led us to? Last I checked he has been here for a long time and we have what two first round playoff losses to show for it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lol this logic is absolutely flawless.

Tyson Barrie has been here ONE full season longer than Nathan MacKinnon, and that season was the lockout shortened season.

So, what exactly has MacKinnon led us to? Last I checked he has been here for a long time and we have what two first round playoff losses to show for it.

Is someone finally joining me on the trade-Nate train? :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: dahrougem2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad