Avs Claim Marko Dano

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Oh no, no no, not Duclair. He's flamed out spectacularly everywhere he's gone. The time for that would've been when Patrick Roy were still hanging around.

One guy I think the Avs will end up with from the Jax is Oliver Bjorkstrand. I think I read somewhere he was Bednar's best scorer in the playoffs for their Calder Cup run, and seems kinda stuck in a bottom six role there. Not to say the Jackets have misused him, just that he might need a change of address. I'm also not saying the Avs should get him, just that he seems predestined to end up there.

I still woulda gave Duclair the Yakopov chance . Great speed and skill and hope for an attitude change.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still woulda gave Duclair the Yakopov chance . Great speed and skill and hope for an attitude change.

Again, he's been on even more teams than Yak was, there's been no real change.

And I think the Avs have finally moved past reclamation projects, there's a reason why there's no Yak-type player this season.

And before anyone says anything, Dano isn't a reclamation project.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Like his highlights. Seems like he has some skills, and its great that bednar has coached him before. Might show enough to get bourque benched. Still think Nieto has some upside.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
FWIW It was speculated he was around 225 at some points last year so the 212 would be after he lost the 10-15, not before.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Does he really have an awkward-looking stride? I mean, who cares how it looks so long as he gets from Point A to Point B in a reasonable amount of time. Dan Hinote was pretty fast but I wouldn't have called his stride a work of art.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Dano Has Familiar Faces In Colorado

"He is a young, skilled player. Has a real sturdiness to his game and can contribute in a bunch of different situations, including power play and penalty kill," Bednar said on Tuesday of Dano after the team claimed him. "I think he showed a little bit more of an offensive upside when he was younger. With the deep team that Winnipeg has, he probably didn't get as much ice time as he would have liked.
"I think we have some ice time that is up for grabs, and I think he can get in the mix on some of that."

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Dano Has Familiar Faces In Colorado

"He is a young, skilled player. Has a real sturdiness to his game and can contribute in a bunch of different situations, including power play and penalty kill," Bednar said on Tuesday of Dano after the team claimed him. "I think he showed a little bit more of an offensive upside when he was younger. With the deep team that Winnipeg has, he probably didn't get as much ice time as he would have liked.
"I think we have some ice time that is up for grabs, and I think he can get in the mix on some of that."

Hopefully that isn't lip service on Bednar's part, and it's a sign he isn't satisfied with what guys like Borq and Neato are bringing.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad