Avs Claim Marko Dano

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I mean, he's a warm body for free, and when you have this many forward injuries, it's hard to say that's a bad thing. He doesn't do anything, but he keeps us from having to call up guys like Shvyrev, Beaudin, and Kaut to the NHL before they're ready. Once Jost and/or Compher get healthy, I expect he'll be put back on waivers and we will have had his services for free for a while.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
What I don't understand is why Greer can't be given a chance in his place. He's ppg in the A right now, bigger body that would be more useful on the lower lines anyways.

Bednar doesn't trust Greer to be anything more than a 4 line banger. Not sure why, but he's never really given him much of a chance.

As for Dano, I was hoping his game would pick up as he started to get more regular ice time, but he's the definition of 'meh'. I do think he had talent, but he's barely played any hockey since being traded to the Jets. Hard to find your groove after playing ~30 games per season in the last 2 years.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bednar doesn't trust Greer to be anything more than a 4 line banger. Not sure why, but he's never really given him much of a chance.

He hasn't even shown he trusts him enough to do that yet.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
First few pages of that thread didn't age well. He needs to go back on waivers.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Fantastic pickup for you guys. Dano is very underrated player by fans because the things he excels at is the thing that most fans are not hockey smart enough to notice. He is very good at his angles (on the forecheck and in the defensive zone) which can leads to many turnovers (not necessarily by him but good angles is how you implement a fore check, force the defender where you want them). Very good at board battles. His biggest strength is his hockey IQ in the offensive zone, very very good at finding and sitting in the dead areas of the ice without the puck and finding passing lanes with the puck. Excellent in the cycle game. It's why he has ALWAYS (even in Winnipeg) scored at low 2nd line/high 3rd line rate when you account for the tiny minutes he was given. Very very good at drawing penalties. Great penalty differential.

Not too say he is perfect. As mentioned above he has a very awkward skating style which tends to turn off fans. His stride is choppy resulting is some wasted effort. He is not particularly strong on the puck carrying it through the neutral zone. Probably doesn't have top end potential anymore as a first liner.

However if given an actual chance he will be a very quality player for you guys. A great 3rd liner that can fill into the top 6 when needed for now, eventually should be a real solid top 6 winger. 20g, 50pts is not out of the question going forward.
He is absolutely none of these things.

Reactions: PAZ

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I liked him in our first game or two. Throwing pucks on net, being physical, and doing simple plays.

Now he can't even handle a pass.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
It wasn't supposed to be like this. Perhaps he just needs a 5th NHL team to give him an opportunity.

Reactions: Irish Blues

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Let's just put him in a basket on the Winnipeg Jets doorstep, ring the doorbell, and run.
I was going to suggest telling him the wrong time for the plane home the next time we play them in Winnipeg, but I admire your proactive approach

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Damn. The mood in this thread has changed...

tenor.gif

Reactions: Tommy G

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Waived. Hope he clears because he's good enough to (usually) eat a few mins without making a million errors. Decent depth guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->