Avs Claim Marko Dano

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
how did he looked at his first game for you

He did not play much, so it was difficult to evaluate. His line (Jost-Bourque-Dano) was hemmed in its own zone at least a couple of times as well. I thought he flashed some ability at times and he looked out of position at other times, which is understandable as he just joined the Avs and has had only one practice with the team. Still, I am excited with his addition and the addition of Kamenev at times to the bottom-6, as it potentially improves the skill level over players like Dries (and Bourque).

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I thought he looked really good yesterday, really strong on the puck.

I hope Bednar moves him to the Soderberg line to fill the Comeau role.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Dano can lose all the weight he wants, but if he's not going to stop and correct his Yakupov's "horse-riding skating stance" he will ever be an NHL player after his stint with us. He's not able to play his game, which I suggest is quite effective at the NHL level because he's constantly chasing and behind the play every single time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Huh, can you explain?
Not sure what to explain, he skates extremely awkwardly which prevents him playing a grinding game where he can be good on the forecheque, hit people, and get into scoring positions to unleash his shot (which is quite good). The problem is he's constantly chasing the play so he's not able to do any of these aspects in a full degree.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
At 23 (nearly 24) though, his skating is what it is... in the end we are seeing why he isn't an effective NHL player. He will probably get waived when the Avs get healthy, find his way onto a team like Detroit to finish the season and not get qualified on his way to a solid KHL career.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He just strikes me as the kind of players that teams find easy to move on from. His tools kind of intrigue but ultimately he doesn't bring enough to the table to be an NHL player.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Not sure what to explain, he skates extremely awkwardly which prevents him playing a grinding game where he can be good on the forecheque, hit people, and get into scoring positions to unleash his shot (which is quite good). The problem is he's constantly chasing the play so he's not able to do any of these aspects in a full degree.

Hm, but also Michal Handzus was very slow (if thats an main issue here). And he made it.

Reactions: Pomee

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hm, but also Michal Handzus was very slow (if thats an main issue here). And he made it.
Dano doesn't have the positional hockey IQ on the ice that Handzus has/had. Where Handzus anticipated the puck was going to be, he positioned himself to the play while Dano is all about going after the puck like a bulldog.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad