Avs Claim Marko Dano

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I quite like Dano and he provide us with some NHL depth we've been lacking in the early goings, but don't be too fooled by him. He's a hard worker, what I call reliable two-way ability, and is physically engaging. However, he tends to get lost on the ice at times and doesn't really have any amazing offencive ability - not really one standout quality. Should be given more of a chance with our club though.

Would like the lines to look like...

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Kerfoot - Jost - Andrighetto (Offencive zone draws)
Dano - Soderberg - Wilson (Defencive zone draws)
Calvert - Compher - Whoever
I'd like that a lot. Even though he's not much, Sven is missed. Which says a lot more about our depth than him himself but whatever.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
We're basically at max contracts now, we need to save two spots for Makar and Bowers once their college seasons are over.

They could always get AHL deals so we don't burn a NHL year. Plenty of options.

I must say, it's nice to have promising prospects like Saigeon, Makar and Bowers all getting extended development before coming over instead of us rushing them. Adding them to Kaut, Meloche, Timmins, Greer, Kamenev, etc not too far from the big team will be huge for all of their development next year.

And Dano isn't much older than them, so he fits right in. Same age as MacK, Zads, etc.

Reactions: MarkT

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
When Wilson scores a goal they play the Tom Hanks "WILLLLLLSOOOOONNNNN" sound clip. I demand they keep this trend going and play "Book em Danno" from Hawaii 5-0 after he scores.

Oh man I need to catch up on the last few few seasons of Five-0.

Good claim I guess.

FrostyWinnipeg

Oct 15, 2018
Small, fast, and gritty. Sounds like an Avs player all right. I think the team has some serious depth concerns up front so this is a wise move.

That's my view of Dano up here. My only knock is that he takes a penalty every game. Tough to crack the lineup up here(just like CHI) but he gives it his all pretty much all the time.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Former Blue Jacket: Check.
Well, he checks all the boxes.

Just kidding, that bottom-6 rotation could use another option right now.

giphy.gif

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Of course we did, the MacFarland/Bednar connection to the BJs strikes again. I wonder how many more times they'll dip into that well before it runs dry.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Dano strikes me as one of those tweener types who bounces around a lot of different teams but never finds a place. Maybe he finds a home here, but I doubt it.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not saying it's a bad pickup but I thought (hoped) we were done picking from the waiver bin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad