Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Hawkeye is such a secondary character that I am not even sure why people legitimately start arguments about him...

Well technically he's not Hawkeye anymore but Ronin. A much darker version of his character. A man who lost everything to the snap and is now f***ing pissed off and in full revenge mode. The potential for him to be more interesting and have a bigger role in A4 is certainly there

Trailer certainly make it seem that way anyway

Reactions: S E P H

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Whoever knows the plan won't tell the plan to the other Avengers just cause!

OMG yes! Black Widow talks down to that "stupid man" Hawk Eye for not checking his man privileged and to just shut up and obey. He need not know what the avenger's plan is.

How about Iron Man is about to save the galaxy by riding the nuke bomb into Thanos, ending the snap time line but at the last second Pepper Pots comes out of no where and stops him proclaiming she did it for love. And then Thanos snaps his fingers again.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Why are we discussing Rian Johnson lmao. Mediocre director of crime films that are better at style than substance who got to do a space-opera adventure for some reason. I doubt he'd be ever allowed near anything like an Avengers film.

Reactions: Shockmaster

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He does a Brick style Avengers movie and I'm actually interested in an Avenger movie again.

I think Brick was a bit overrated.

Sure it had snappy dialogue but I don't think it necessarily makes a good film.

In any event, a spy/noir thriller involving Black Widow (and Hawkeye?) is something I'd definitely be into.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Brick is honestly pretty bad if you compare it to an actually decent noir from the 40s or 50s. Though the kids acting tough angle was funny.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Why are we discussing Rian Johnson lmao. Mediocre director of crime films that are better at style than substance who got to do a space-opera adventure for some reason. I doubt he'd be ever allowed near anything like an Avengers film.

Because these are message boards and it's fun to hypothesis just how badly Rian would have messed this movie up having handled it in the same fashion as he did TLJ.

What else ya wanna talk about?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's awesome!

I'm watching a ton of theory youtube clips. Lots of dialogue, and predictions, theories and investigation! Everyone is having a blast talking about what could be in this final movie.

And then that got me thinking...

Remember when the internet was doing this exact same thing for The Last Jedi? And everyone was discussing Rey's heritage, and who was Snoke? What would Luke's role be in the upcoming movie? Yadda yadda.

Well then all of our expectations were "subverted" and the movie turned into crap? Which brings us back to this final avengers movie.

What if Rian J was the director? What would his take be on this final movie?

My guess? Antman filmed outside of the Avenger's base is just delivering a pizza.

And Thanos would be killed 5 minutes into the movie during a farming accident. Perhaps he was trampled by a heard of space cow?

Captain America would suddenly be a drunken ********. Not wanting anyone around him or be involved in any kind of hero mission.

I'll leave you all to predict some other Rian Johnson-esque "subversions" he would put in this next film.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think Brick was a bit overrated.

Sure it had snappy dialogue but I don't think it necessarily makes a good film.

In any event, a spy/noir thriller involving Black Widow (and Hawkeye?) is something I'd definitely be into.

I disagree about Brick being overrated insofar, especially since I don't see a lot of people talking about it at all. But I also disagree with the folks slagging on The Last Jedi as if it's some sort of trash flick, so I'm probably an outlier here.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I disagree about Brick being overrated insofar, especially since I don't see a lot of people talking about it at all. But I also disagree with the folks slagging on The Last Jedi as if it's some sort of trash flick, so I'm probably an outlier here.
We're just subverting your expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad