Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I know it’s not a huge deal, but I’d still put some spoiler tags on that.

I tried to google the story I am thinking of from last year but the google top results were all "Someone may have just spoiled End Game's story" so I am just not clicking on anything.

I really don't think that counts as any sort of spoiler. It was a topic of discussion when Infinity War came out last year. I won't go any deeper on it though. And after seeing those google results, I ain't even gonna think about it anymore.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Ah, wanted to buy my Sunday night tickets but they're not on sale yet. Only the Thursday night are available.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
at a Showcase Lux outside of Boston they're doing the "All 22" marathon. 57 hours...

starts on the 23rd at 11am with Endgame starting at 5pm the 25th
$90
will have showers
22% off concessions
2 3 hour breaks from 8-11pm for "Monster refueling"
you are allowed to leave and come back in

They could have just said 3 2 hour breaks and called them Iron Man 2, Thor 2, and Avengers 2.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It’s weird how much I love these movies now and yet I still don’t want to watch Ultron again.

I rewatched Iron Man 2 a few weeks ago and it’s so bad. The only good parts are when it’s Tony Stark out of the suit. Same with Iron Man 3. Strange how they’re such good character pieces for Tony but overall the sequels are so bad

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I rewatched Iron Man 2 a few weeks ago and it’s so bad. The only good parts are when it’s Tony Stark out of the suit. Same with Iron Man 3. Strange how they’re such good character pieces for Tony but overall the sequels are so bad

Yeah Iron Man fighting the enemy is the worst part of all the Iron Man movies.

I don’t like to hold it too much against them though. Iron Man 2 did tons of legwork for setting up the larger MCU and 3 still works great as an exploration of Tony’s (and really, any superheroes) PTSD after those giant world changing battles.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Pretty sure they're doing a fakeout with the whole Captain America retiring and Chris Evans giving up his role. Seems like it's too obvious a fakeout too so I doubt it's him.

Plus you don't kill Captain America.....obviously.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Pretty sure they're doing a fakeout with the whole Captain America retiring and Chris Evans giving up his role. Seems like it's too obvious a fakeout too so I doubt it's him.

Hasn't he been saying it for a while, and then started pulling back once Marvel told him to cool it. It's felt pretty genuine that he's wanted out of the franchise. He's been vocal on the physical demands getting to him. Plus, of the main cast, this wasn't even his first superhero role.

There's ways to end his character without killing him off, but, I'd be surprised if the actor is still involved outside the odd flashback cameo.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Well, they sort of did in the comics. But he got better. :)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
People aren’t going to die. They’ll just go to another dimension or some shit so that they can move on without them but still potentially bring them back in a few years.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
One part that I keep going back to with the whole "half of all life instantly gone", is that for the average person on earth, this will be confusing, tragic, etc. But, at least there's people around that can give answers.

If the presumption that the Thanos snap impacted the entire galaxy (or universe, I'm not quite sure), it stands to reason there are planets out there that have no connection to this broader struggle who suddenly see half their population gone with no explanation.

Sep 19, 2008
Some theaters here started selling Endgame shirts already :laugh: might stop by the local brand here and see if they have any for sale.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Man I shouldn't have watched that. That was a good scene....

Now that I have...

Im gonna watch it a bunch of times.

I’ve watched it like 10 times already.

So many good things from that clip.

WARNING: I’m going to be posting about that clip now, so if you don’t plan on watching it and don’t want to know info, turn away..

-Why were the stones used again? I’ll be curious to know that.

-Don Cheadle’s line was great. Both his questions & the #superherolife comment.

-I loved Captain Marvel’s explanation. Sweet & simple, first of all. We don’t need some drug out explanation. Also, her comment about other planets not having the Avengers seemed sincere and a very heartfelt compliment. I thought that was well handled.

-I’ve seen some people complain about how cocky she is in this scene, though. Of course she is... duh. She’s probably never come across someone she’s lost to, so why wouldn’t she be confident? It makes sense. Could be wrong, but I feel like that’s setting up for her to get beat bad by Thanos, right? Just seems like an obvious thing to happen.

-Cap is great as always. Not much more to say.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
-I’ve seen some people complain about how cocky she is in this scene, though. Of course she is... duh. She’s probably never come across someone she’s lost to, so why wouldn’t she be confident? It makes sense. Could be wrong, but I feel like that’s setting up for her to get beat bad by Thanos, right? Just seems like an obvious thing to happen.
I keep coming back to this as well. Both that their initial plan would be to go after Thanos as soon as possible to try to catch him while he's weak, as well as the idea that they're gonna get their asses kicked, Carol included. I very much doubt they would kill anyone off at that point, especially if it's only the first act, but I think they definitely are going to have to lose before they can learn how to win.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I keep coming back to this as well. Both that their initial plan would be to go after Thanos as soon as possible to try to catch him while he's weak, as well as the idea that they're gonna get their asses kicked, Carol included. I very much doubt they would kill anyone off at that point, especially if it's only the first act, but I think they definitely are going to have to lose before they can learn how to win.

My guess is that part of this film is a character arc for Captain Marvel, focusing on how she needs to improve working with others. That’ll probably be a focus point for several characters, though (Iron Man & Cap, for example).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
My guess is that part of this film is a character arc for Captain Marvel, focusing on how she needs to improve working with others. That’ll probably be a focus point for several characters, though (Iron Man & Cap, for example).
I kind of hope they go the way of the comics and have Nebula pick up the Gauntlet, and they have to get Thanos to assist in getting it off of her.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I kind of hope they go the way of the comics and have Nebula pick up the Gauntlet, and they have to get Thanos to assist in getting it off of her.

I could see it. It’s too bad they didn’t introduce Adam Warlock earlier. It’d be cool if they had him come get the gauntlet, then had to team up with Thanos to stop him. But maybe the gauntlet won’t be destroyed and they’ll have an end credit scene where Warlock goes after it. That’d be a cool way to introduce him that is also a nod to the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad