Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
All people doing whining about the length and pee breaks, dude I sat outside for the Caps parade for 8 hours straight without a pee break :laugh: 6 AM to 2 PM. Didn't even go after too. Just went home.

Just don't drink soda, water, or beer beforehand and you should be good

What kind of moron would actually buy those? Lol
lol they going as high as 500 dollars in NYC IIRC. And if you see it on Saturday or Sunday morning ain't nobody gonna be there :laugh: And the ticket is like 10 dollars matinee.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
All people doing whining about the length and pee breaks, dude I sat outside for the Caps parade for 8 hours straight without a pee break :laugh: 6 AM to 2 PM. Didn't even go after too. Just went home.

Just don't drink soda, water, or beer beforehand and you should be good
I'm envious of this ability. If my brain even thinks a bathroom isn't going to be accessible for more than 45 minutes it sends my bladder into overdrive.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm envious of this ability. If my brain even thinks a bathroom isn't going to be accessible for more than 45 minutes it sends my bladder into overdrive.

I think the whole lack of breaks is being blown way out of proportion. IW was 2:40 anyway so what's 20 minutes added on. Don't buy soda and drink it in the theater. Simple.

Someone (Feige) also said (maybe in this thread or /r/marvelstudios) that you wouldn't want to even take a second out of the theater because you could miss something. So it's basically 3 hours you cannot miss. :laugh:

Beware: Avengers: Endgame won’t have an intermission and Kevin Feige says you won’t "find a good time to run out to the bathroom" | GamesRadar+

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think the whole lack of breaks is being blown way out of proportion. IW was 2:40 anyway so what's 20 minutes added on. Don't buy soda and drink it in the theater. Simple.

Someone (Feige) also said (maybe in this thread or /r/marvelstudios) that you wouldn't want to even take a second out of the theater because you could miss something. So it's basically 3 hours you cannot miss. :laugh:

Beware: Avengers: Endgame won’t have an intermission and Kevin Feige says you won’t "find a good time to run out to the bathroom" | GamesRadar+

This is just marketing, ways for the movie to get Internet exposure. People who don't have a medical condition and can't hold it in shouldn't be drinking two litters of pop before or during the movie.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
This is just marketing, ways for the movie to get Internet exposure. People who don't have a medical condition and can't hold it in shouldn't be drinking two litters of pop before or during the movie.

Two litters worth of poop?! :eek:

:sarcasm:

We all survived Lord of the Rings. Well be okay.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
As a guy who has a hard time holding his bladder, i will probably just not drink anything at all 3 hours before i go see the movie. lol

Honestly, i can hold it in, but it feels way worse when i am sitting.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Im not eating a thing that day, except for maybe a piece of toast or two. I had to leave with 10 minutes left during LOTR The Return of the King, because of you know what. Ill make sure nothing is upsetting my stomach that day lmao

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I always tell my wife and daughter NOT to buy popcorn and drinks yet they do anyway. I then have to help (my wife is handicapped) them get up to go pee and of course I end up drinking too and then I have to go. 5+ minutes gone. When I watched Return of the King, I was with my father in law and wife’s uncle and sat through the whole thing. Twice I have went by myself to other movies and not had to pee. I may go by myself again.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The ending is already spoiled for those who don't know;

Hawkeye on Team Loki: Winning until he switches
Hawkeye switches to Avengers against Loki: Win
Hawkeye with Avengers versus Ultron: Win
Hawkeye retires for 5 minutes - Avengers split up and nearly kill each other.
Hawkeye on Team Cap: Win
Hawkeye on house arrest: Half of the population is killed.

So, judging by the character who is clearly the heart of the Avengers it should just follow suit...

Hawkeye with Avengers versus Thanos: Win

tumblr_o3u568a2Bd1ui91peo1_500.gif

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Please we all know that black widows love triangle scene with hulk and Hawkeye is the pee break
There's no love triangle... Clint and Nat are best friends. Clint loses his family. Nat finds out and comforts him. Isn't that what friends do?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
A new clip today showed Hawkeye in space, looking like he's driving the ship with Rocket. Pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
should include intermisson breaks. even if you ate or drank beforehand. i would still have to go to the bathroom. hate standing up in the middle of a scene and walking across people just to go to the bathroom.

Sep 19, 2008
a movie hasn't had an intermission break in decades :laugh: they aren't going to revive those traditions now

If you thought 3 hours was long imagine watching Ben Hur back in the day (212 minutes) or Ten Commandments (1956) (220 minutes)

Intermission - Wikipedia

Intermissions in early films had a practical purpose: they were needed to facilitate the changing of reels.[9] When Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth (The Loves of Queen Elizabeth), starring Sarah Bernhardt, opened on July 12, 1912, in the Lyceum Theatre in New York City, the four reel film was shown in four acts, with an intermission at each reel change.[10]

The technology improved, but as movies became progressively longer, the intermission fulfilled other needs. It gave the audience a breather, and provided the theatre management an opportunity to entice patrons to its profitable concession stand. A well-known 1957 animated musical snipe suggested, before the main feature in theatres and during intermission at drive-ins, "let's all go to the lobby to get ourselves a snack". During the 3D film trend of the early 1950s, intermissions were a necessity because even though many theaters used two projectors that could skip intermission by shifting from one reel to the other, 3D films required the use of both projectors – one for each stereoscopic image – and so needed an intermission to change the reels on both projectors.

The built-in intermission has been phased out of Hollywood films; the victim of the demand to pack in more screenings, advances in projector technology which make reel switches either unnoticeable or non-existent (such as digital projection, in which reels do not exist).[11]

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
should include intermisson breaks. even if you ate or drank beforehand. i would still have to go to the bathroom. hate standing up in the middle of a scene and walking across people just to go to the bathroom.
It's profit maximization. The downside of having a movie this long that is so hyped is that you limit the amount of times it can be shown in a day. 3 hour movie means you can show it what - 4 times in a day on that screen on the weekends, *maybe* five if you open up early showings? If you add an intermission, you cut into the showings even more.

While yes, this is going to be on like... all of the screens, they're trying to milk every dollar they can out of this, especially for the first two weekends.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I will be seeing it twice for sure, once for the kids and once for myself so I don't have to worry about missing anything as for damn sure they will be asking me every hour to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad