Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
I mean, theatres websites aren’t meant to take that kind of traffic. It is what it is.
I understand that their sites aren’t meant for that kinda traffic but they also had to realize this was going to happen after the $$$ Infinity War did + the fact every new Marvel release breaks its own records for pre-orders...though I totally admit to being frustrated lol

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I’m LOVING seeing War Machine just being one of the Avengers! Ever since I was a kid I liked him more just cause I loved the colour scheme and I always had a soft spot for ‘sidekicks’. And now he’s not even a sidekick. He’s just heavy machinery Iron Man.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Heck the Cineplex website wasn't loading for me when friggin Aquaman came out (on the Friday afternoon, I think it came out on Thursday night).

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Tickets for the26th at 730. Me and the women. Wanted the 25th but working nights and sadly the earliest time was 6pm and I have to be at work at 8. Adulting sucks sometimes

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I’m LOVING seeing War Machine just being one of the Avengers! Ever since I was a kid I liked him more just cause I loved the colour scheme and I always had a soft spot for ‘sidekicks’. And now he’s not even a sidekick. He’s just heavy machinery Iron Man.
Well...Rhodes was an MCU character before the majority of them got their debuts. You could say he's technically the second Avenger we ever met.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The only theaterchain in the country and their website crashed soon after tickets came on sale at 10 am. :laugh: Only 25 seats were available for the first showing at 5 pm and you couldn't reserve one for it. I couldn't even go to see that one anyway because I wouldn't make it to the last buss. I'll be waiting for the 2D showings to appear on the site a week before to hope they're better times. Hoping the local theater gets this one as well since I saw Infinity War here on opening day.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The waiting really sucks, but I did this with IW last year. There’s something to be said about waiting a week to go see it in theaters and checking out a random, Tuesday 10am showing of it. Way less crowded theater and less of a chance someone’s self phone goes off or people are talking during the movie. I hate that stuff, completely ruins the immersion

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The waiting really sucks, but I did this with IW last year. There’s something to be said about waiting a week to go see it in theaters and checking out a random, Tuesday 10am showing of it. Way less crowded theater and less of a chance someone’s self phone goes off or people are talking during the movie. I hate that stuff, completely ruins the immersion

yeah, that's why i like going opening weekend. Anyone in the 1st few showings is going to be fully invested in the movie, so next to no chance of phone/talking issues. Plus you get the crowd effect and reactions

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
yeah, that's why i like going opening weekend. Anyone in the 1st few showings is going to be fully invested in the movie, so next to no chance of phone/talking issues. Plus you get the crowd effect and reactions

I agree with this. I’ve actually had worse luck the further away from the movie I go, because it’s usually more casual fans who aren’t invested as much, or maybe a night where a parent will bring their kids, etc.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
There’s also something to be said about the feeling in the crowd on an opening night (or Friday) viewing. It’s kind of electric, or has been in my theatre at least.

Do people even keep their phones on anything but silent nowadays? :laugh:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yeah the less people in the threate the more likely it is that people will start f***ing around.

Im gonna buy tickets for the Sunday night again. The Sunday night showing for Infinity War was so hyped. Lots of audience reactions. Felt like being at a WWE show.

There’s also something to be said about the feeling in the crowd on an opening night (or Friday) viewing. It’s kind of electric, or has been in my theatre at least.

Do people even keep their phones on anything but silent nowadays? :laugh:

I still occasionally have clients in my office have obnoxious ring tones go off, but at this point it is ALWAYS old people.

Feb 24, 2017
I went to infinity wars on the first night it was out here and I enjoyed being in the theatre with all of the die hards. There is something nice about everyone knowing all the inside jokes and references and laughing together, and everyone lighting up when Stan Lee showed up. I am late to the marvel world, but I caught up to all the movies before civil war came out and now I wait with everyone else for the next one.

Sep 19, 2008
If I don't see it on Thursday night spoilers are going to leak out on Friday or Saturday :laugh: I'd have to avoid the internet and you know that is not happening

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Got four for a noon-ish show on Saturday. Back row on the aisle but wide screen, plus theater seats. Perfect with a couple of kids. Wasn't much else left though.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
at a Showcase Lux outside of Boston they're doing the "All 22" marathon. 57 hours...

starts on the 23rd at 11am with Endgame starting at 5pm the 25th
$90
will have showers
22% off concessions
2 3 hour breaks from 8-11pm for "Monster refueling"
you are allowed to leave and come back in

Reactions: Roman Fell

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I went to infinity wars on the first night it was out here and I enjoyed being in the theatre with all of the die hards. There is something nice about everyone knowing all the inside jokes and references and laughing together, and everyone lighting up when Stan Lee showed up. I am late to the marvel world, but I caught up to all the movies before civil war came out and now I wait with everyone else for the next one.

I did that when they re-released the original Star Wars films for the last time before the new editions.

It was quite a party atmosphere - everyone laughed when the Stormtrooper hit his head on the door, even though it's quite subtle.

I also got to tell someone that "these aren't the seats you're looking for."

Reactions: Roman Fell

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
From someone who saw it early:

09EC46B8-5DB4-4C5B-A1AA-9DF7BCB2AD59.jpeg

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Really hoping my local theater gets this for opening day as pretty much all the showings until the weekend have been more or less sold out in Turku at Finnkino. :amazed: Or that they add more 2D showings for the afternoon.

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Just purchased my tickets. This is a more local theatre and I don’t think people really know much about their app, so I didn’t think I’d have much of an issue. Now I just need to figure out how early I should get there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad