Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
i so cant wait for the nerdgasm im gonna have after this movie. Saw IW 3 times in 3 days last yr and feel it will be the same with endgame. Might have to rewatch all the Marvel movies before Endgame releases
I wish I had time to commit to doing this :laugh: I've just been rewatching most of phase 3 in my spare time. Don't think I can squeeze in 25 movies (or however many it is) in the next six weeks.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I wish I had time to commit to doing this :laugh: I've just been rewatching most of phase 3 in my spare time. Don't think I can squeeze in 25 movies (or however many it is) in the next six weeks.

21. I’ve thought about doing it as well. 21 in like 43 days (or something like that) is quite a task, but it can be done with dedication.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Unnecessary. Stay out of the thread discussing the movie if you don’t want that stuff “spoiled” for you.

No I completely agree with the other guy. It's the same deal with a Game of Thrones thread, people are here to discuss the upcoming movie and there's going to be a lot of speculation and 'theory's' going on. That's perfectly fine. It's another thing entirely to opening bring in 'LEAKED DETAILS POSTED ON REDDIT!!!' into the discussion.

Leaks are where you draw the line. Point people to reddit if they want to look but otherwise that sort of stuff shouldn't be posted on here at all, even with spoiler tags.

Reactions: Pilky01 and Huggy43

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Unnecessary. Stay out of the thread discussing the movie if you don’t want that stuff “spoiled” for you.
OR a solution that makes everyone happy & doesn’t exclude anyone:

You use a spoiler tag!
Then the topic can still be discussed & people who don’t want to see spoilers (like discussion of what Disney shareholders saw) can still discuss hypotheticals in this thread.

You know, a win/win situation... It doesn’t have to be an either/or

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It’s a thread discussing the upcoming movie. There’s of course going to be speculation and theory discussed. It’s like you’re just expecting to read 8 pages of posts saying “the trailer looks great! I’m so excited for Endgame!”. If multiple timelines and the quantum realm are too revealing a discussion for you then you should not participate in the thread.

Also, GoT has a special stipulation about spoilers because the show is based on a book series and the plot has already been outlined.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'm chuckling now because I came across this clip - apparently depending on the screen ratio that you watch the trailer, you can see Scott Lang pulling the handle of Pym's lab behind him... so to Voight who mentioned it a page or so ago, you might be onto something (not gonna tag you though in case you don't wanna see this lol)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It’s a thread discussing the upcoming movie. There’s of course going to be speculation and theory discussed. It’s like you’re just expecting to read 8 pages of posts saying “the trailer looks great! I’m so excited for Endgame!”. If multiple timelines and the quantum realm are too revealing a discussion for you then you should not participate in the thread.

Also, GoT has a special stipulation about spoilers because the show is based on a book series and the plot has already been outlined.

The outline from the book went off the rail in season 5 and was no longer relevant for season 6 and 7. In particular for season 7 some major plot point leaks got out into the wild and there had to be a full clamp down in the GoT thread.

Personally I didn't quite get away unscathed because in the book thread where the restrictions hadn't been applied yet some idiot made a no context spoiler tag post giving away the season finales last climactic scene at the wall. Basically like Drop Shock's post above, though not calling him out on anything as that just a really minor thing taken from closely analyzing the trailer. Back to GoT, as someone who read the books well before the HBO show it's like automatic reflexes that I can just click the spoiler tag because I already know.

Last bit isn't related to Avengers but I was just ranting a bit.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN

Starting monday im on 4 12 hr night shifts which gives me a 3 day weekend. Plus i have a couple hrs to kill after i wake up before im back to work.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

How about one with the OG Avengers:

D1u54idX4AEjMQj.jpg:orig

I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm so excited with how much Clint got in the trailer. Hopefully he's done justice - finally.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I'm so excited with how much Clint got in the trailer. Hopefully he's done justice - finally.

Clint couldve easily been used as a throw away character and killed off in AoU or CW. It is really awesome that they said no to that and instead are making him a major part in the biggest movie of the franchise. That is the kind of stuff Marvel does that other studios dont do.

That trailer is so epic. The MCU achieved greatness with the first Avengers...but what theyve created the past 2-3 years is beyond words. Not even Star Wars can touch this franchise at this point.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Clint couldve easily been used as a throw away character and killed off in AoU or CW. It is really awesome that they said no to that and instead are making him a major part in the biggest movie of the franchise. That is the kind of stuff Marvel does that other studios dont do.

That trailer is so epic. The MCU achieved greatness with the first Avengers...but what theyve created the past 2-3 years is beyond words. Not even Star Wars can touch this franchise at this point.
Maybe because he's been written poorly from Whedon. But Marvel themselves listed Hawkeye as the 2nd Greatest Avenger of all-time behind only Cap.

Reactions: Adam Warlock

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site

Captain Marvel needs a couple of days more, but, the MCU is about to eclipse Star Wars in inflation adjusted box office.

Its a pretty incredible feat, as Star Wars has basically been synonymous with being the pinnacle of a blockbuster franchise. For the MCU to overtake it, and still have Endgame around the corner is amazing.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Aren't there over 20 MCU movies and like 10 Star Wars movies? Not sure that's a really fair comparison.

There's achievement in being able to have 3 successful movies a year without diluting interest in your product. Star Wars was clearly pushing for a more frequent release schedule and are having to pull back.

This is not to take away from Star Wars. It's been the template for the modern day blockbuster for decades. I personally didn't think that anything could have competed with it this way, which highlights how impressive their run has been.

Their films have steadily gotten bigger and more frequent. I'm not sure if we'll ever see a franchise produce 3 top 10 hits in a single year the way that Marvel has done the last 2 years (and stands good chance to do again this year)

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Yea at this point I feel like we should be shocked if MCU movies don’t come close to 750-1billion.

The hype machine for all MCU movies is crazy and truthfully I’m not even bored by them because they have so many characters

Sep 19, 2008

Someone earlier in this thread suggested that Marvel always manipulated or changed the trailers and that scenes wouldn't actually be in the movie, well there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad