Pre-Game Talk: Avatar Solidarity: Lockout's Over/Season Begins Themed Avatars?

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I know I'm kind of new around here, so I'll take whatever guy you leave me with. I think it would be pretty funny if I got like Rupp or Eminger or Gilroy.

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
First attempt at a gif...not horrible lol...should've put McD in there but i wasn't thinking.

RangersGIF.gif

That is ****ing beautiful :laugh:

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
That gif is awesome, but lacks the sort of personalization a good theme needs. I do love the idea of the mask floating down onto a player's head, with the "NO" though. :laugh:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
First attempt at a gif...not horrible lol...should've put McD in there but i wasn't thinking.

RangersGIF.gif

It's good, but it is also almost 200kb. The limit for a sponsor is 50kb, and 20kb for regular posters.

I don't think you can get that down to size and still have it be decent quality.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
It's good, but it is also almost 200kb. The limit for a sponsor is 50kb, and 20kb for regular posters.

I don't think you can get that down to size and still have it be decent quality.

That's why I was thinking just 3 slides.

1. Player's (ex: Girardi) oversized head on Lundqvist's body, stationary
2. Rangers crest "Six Goalie System"
3. Hockey's Back or 2013 Season: Game On!

Something like that. Plus it brings back the individual personalized feel where everyone can pick the face they want on their avy.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
That's why I was thinking just 3 slides.

1. Player's (ex: Girardi) oversized head on Lundqvist's body, stationary
2. Rangers crest "Six Goalie System"
3. Hockey's Back or 2013 Season: Game On!

Something like that. Plus it brings back the individual personalized feel where everyone can pick the face they want on their avy.

Probably the easiest and best option.

Or even one frame with your choice of Ranger player blocking a shot or whatever, then a frame with Henrik in net and 5 other heads (always the same 5) Photoshopped on to his body like a hydra, that reads, "Six goalie system." Then a third flavor frame.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Yep, what you should do is pick the exact photo of the players face you want to use so that even if we both pick the same player, we'll have different looking avatars. And people can double up on the same avatar as well.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here's a very sloppy, strictly conceptual rough draft of what I envision the first frame might look like. Of course player name and maybe number would be added.

Head is out of proportion for effect, and who needs necks, amirite?

Combine this with the six goalie system frame of TriFF's avatar and that's pretty much what was in my head when I originally suggested the photoshopped head concept.

BAs1uORCIAABzz6.png

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Here's a very sloppy, strictly conceptual rough draft of what I envision the first frame might look like. Of course player name and maybe number would be added.

Head is out of proportion for effect, and who needs necks, amirite?

Combine this with the six goalie system frame of TriFF's avatar and that's pretty much what was in my head when I originally suggested the photoshopped head concept.

BAs1uORCIAABzz6.png

Basically what I was thinking as well. Maybe even make the head slightly bigger for more effect and find a more recent picture of Lundy (pads). Otherwise, that's exactly what I was thinking for the first frame.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Can someone replace the pads with two players blocking shots?

Hm.. Might as well replace his arms and his stick, too.

Not into that. Funny in theory, but I still want these to look good, since I have to look at it daily. I think Lundqvist with a player's head gets the point across. Heck, if you want Lundqvist as your guy, just pick a picture of him with his helmet off, jumbo size the head and it's still amusing. Or Biron on Lundqvist's body (he wishes lol).

Kershaw

How about:

1. Players face
2. Goalie helmet slides on with "Deal With it" caption
3. Last slide is text of "The 6 Goalie System 2013 NYR".

I wish I had an ounce of skill in Photoshop. I can help with borders and avatar resizing though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
How about:

1. Players face
2. Goalie helmet slides on with "Deal With it" caption
3. Last slide is text of "The 6 Goalie System 2012-13 NYR".

I wish I had an ounce of skill in Photoshop. I can help with borders and avatar resizing though.

I like this. Keeps it under the max file size (probably) and nicely incorporates the dreaded 6 goalie system.

Although isn't it technically just 2013 NYR?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad