Pre-Game Talk: Avatar Solidarity: Lockout's Over/Season Begins Themed Avatars?

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I was thinking with the lockout finally being over and this year being a shortened season that almost didn't happen at all, which would have been heartbreaking as many Rangers fans feel could genuinely be our year, it would be fun to do a themed avatar selection like we do every year for the playoffs.

There are any number of things we could base the theme of the avatars on.

Season Predictions
Lockout Problems
Hockey's Back
This Is Our Year
Better Late Than Never
Unbeatable
Time To Get Nashty
Six Goalie System
Product Of The System
Most Boring Team In Hockey
Asterisk Season**

Are just some that come to mind. Of course, executing this plan would involve enlisting the help of some of our talented artists and, since I am not one, I'm kind of volunteering others here :help:

But if people are willing, I think it would be a lot of fun to brainstorm some ideas and pick an HFNYR avatar theme for the season that almost wasn't. Anyone?

EDIT: Unofficially seems like we're going with: your favorite player's face shopped onto Lundqvist's body, and it with the pads and everything, and their name below, and the next frame says six goalie system with our logo or something.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I like the 'we're boring theme'/'6 goalie system' themes. I like something to stick it to the other fans. I'm sure we can combine those with a few other ideas.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Boring Team with an asterik....

or anything with an asterik really....

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Could probably help make these if I could get my photoshop to work...

Someone more experienced come up with a template, though...:D

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I had six goalie system as a title for the longest time... I really loved it.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I like the idea of Hockey's Back. Leaves a lot of possibilities for everyone to do something unique.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like unbeatable or six goalie system.

It has to be something with self-deprecating irony to stick the main board's own material in their face.

For six goalie system I could image something like gifs with one frame being your favorite player's face shopped onto Lundqvist's body, and it with the pads and everything, and their name below, and the next frame says six goalie system with our logo or something.

Kershaw

It has to be something with self-deprecating irony to stick the main board's own material in their face.

I could image something like Ryan Callahan or Dan Girardi's face shopped onto Lundqvist's body, with the pads and everything, six goalie system.

henrik+lundqvist+new+york+rangers+dan+girardi+block+shots+blocked.jpg

lol.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

For six goalie system I could image something like gifs with one frame being your favorite player's face shopped onto Lundqvist's body, and it with the pads and everything, and their name below, and the next frame says six goalie system with our logo or something.

Sold. Dibs on Danny G. :laugh:

mti79

May 11, 2007

Love it!!!! Again, I think it'd be funny to add an asterick to it but maybe that's just me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad