Pre-Game Talk: Avatar Solidarity: Lockout's Over/Season Begins Themed Avatars?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Alright. We need more people to actually make the templates. We usually have a lot more people..

Where's DoTheBlue, Wraparounds, and/or Ailurophile?

Sorry, it's a lot of tedious work and I can only bring myself to do it once a year. I'm a playoff avatar guy. I'm busy most weekends now as well.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hey Kaneone if you're up for making them I would just go ahead cause you're the only one with a template and it's almost game time.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Sorry, it's a lot of tedious work and I can only bring myself to do it once a year. I'm a playoff avatar guy. I'm busy most weekends now as well.

This... Big reason why I don't even help anymore except with the PO avatars.

Some of you are very demanding, and opinionated. If you don't have working knowledge of Photoshop/Gimp and you don't like the idea that people come up with don't use it, or learn how to use one of the programs and make you're own.

People may not think the mask idea is ideal, but it is a helluva lot easier to work with than everyone submitting their favorite picture of a player and having to cut every head. It's ridiculously tedious.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown

Some of you are very demanding, and opinionated. If you don't have working knowledge of Photoshop/Gimp and you don't like the idea that people come up with don't use it, or learn how to use one of the programs and make you're own.

People may not think the mask idea is ideal, but it is a helluva lot easier to work with than everyone submitting their favorite picture of a player and having to cut every head. It's ridiculously tedious.

After using Photoshop a few times, I have a brand new appreciation for people who are experts with the program. Tried GIMP and that went poorly as well. I used Photoshop for my avatar. It came out pretty crappy, but I thought it was a cool concept.

But, yeah, I definitely agree with you that people can get very opinionated with stuff, especially on the creative side. I made a two Rangers highlights videos and am currently working on a third. Most of the feedback is really positive, but I have one friend who critiques it down to an extreme level. No pleasing some people.

Kershaw

Understandable.

I guess we need to keep this idea fresh for the playoffs.

*Bob Richards*

Well it was worth a try. I'll definitely help you guys out this April or whenever the playoffs start.

Which can't come soon enough. Tortorella's shaking dolphin is starting to frighten the children.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL

Yep. All of this. Which is one reason I was fine with anything someone was willing to do as long as people were on board.

I'm in the same boat as you two, I can do all this... but it's just too involved and tedious for my current schedule. I appreciate anyone taking the time to make an effort.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I majored in graphic design for a couple of years before changing and am really quite decent with photoshop and would enjoy making avatars and wallpapers but I don't have the software.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I majored in graphic design for a couple of years before changing and am really quite decent with photoshop and would enjoy making avatars and wallpapers but I don't have the software.

Gimp is free and similar, you can also get a demo version of PS.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I don't think my crummy laptop can handle a download of PS, even if it's a demo. I have to cancel flash almost every time I visit HF even. Gimp I've been saying I should check out for years, but never have.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
For anyone who thinks GIMP could do everything PS can, it really can't, unless you want to do things in like 50 steps instead of 1. It's unbelievable how GIMP doesn't have a simple background or magic eraser.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
For anyone who thinks GIMP could do everything PS can, it really can't, unless you want to do things in like 50 steps instead of 1. It's unbelievable how GIMP doesn't have a simple background or magic eraser.

It will do a lot of the same stuff, but ya it's a mess. Especially of you're used to PS. It's a totally gimped (I meant to do that) photoshop clone.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Well if a definite theme is decided on at some point I wouldn't mind making some to see what you guys think...won't be ready for season start obviously but a week or 2 late won't hurt.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't think my crummy laptop can handle a download of PS, even if it's a demo. I have to cancel flash almost every time I visit HF even. Gimp I've been saying I should check out for years, but never have.

Adobe is giving away the entire CS2 line for free. Link.

I don't know if your computer would be able to handle it, but it's out there for free as of pretty recently in case you or anybody else wants it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad