GDT: Avalanche vs Rangers @MSG 5:00PM MNT 2/5/24 (Emergency GDT) New York, New York, does it really never sleep?

Parise

• Good

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Still a dirty rotten Wild at heart

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Savior

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Good game!! Awesome to have hockey back.
The loss stung but got a point and liked most of what I saw.

Parise showed he belongs right in the first shift.
Won a battle in the boards, catapulted right towards the goal and got a shot away, drew a penalty. More effort there than RyJo all game. George was great, don't blame the gwg on him it was good use of the screen by Laf.

Take the point and beat New f***ing Jersey tomorrow!! After the break a back to back is no excuse, more like feed them their rust.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Holy f*** Mikko and RyJo have been like this the entire season but RyJo looks extra lazy compared to Parise and Lehky. Mikko was more lazy and bad than usual and without the random couple of plays of brilliance that usually save his ass
If he just buries like his job entails with a minute left the Avs are going to NJ with 2 points.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
What a bunch of hot takes here. I'd swear I accidentally pulled up the Blues board. Fans here spoiled by success and are ready to jump at any/every bump in the road. Embarrassing. Trade Miko, fire the entire FO, can the refs. trade any/everybody for a 2C. Glad none of you are in charge, in 3 weeks the team would be the Rockies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
What a bunch of hot takes here. I'd swear I accidentally pulled up the Blues board. Fans here spoiled by success and are ready to jump at any/every bump in the road. Embarrassing. Trade Miko, fire the entire FO, can the refs. trade any/everybody for a 2C. Glad none of you are in charge, in 3 weeks the team would be the Rockies.
yeh this is place is toxic. So many negative posters on this board. Guys like @Sea Eagles makes me wanna join the Oilers board hes so negative.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Holy f*** Mikko and RyJo have been like this the entire season but RyJo looks extra lazy compared to Parise and Lehky. Mikko was more lazy and bad than usual and without the random couple of plays of brilliance that usually save his ass

The season hasn't started yet

Reactions: BrickNHL

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm ok with 1 pt. George had a very good game. Hope he keeps it up.

If I was a gambler I think I would bet that Mack is the worst passer on the backhand in the top-50 players. I would also bet that 75% of his turnovers are probably from backhand passes. Once in a while he makes a great one and he then seems to think he is very good with his backhand.

As for Ryjo the only reason he hit 13 minutes of TOI tonight was because of who he was playing with. Parise and Lehky were able to cover for his lazy ass so well that Bednar was able to send them out at regular interval. I am done with this guy. Pavel or Meyers would do better than him because at least they would be able to keep up with the other linemates. He really needs to go and soon.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Funny how Bednar is forced to put Lehk and Parise with RyJo just even make him look remotely passable. Two put their heads down and work players, and yet RyJo still was mid at best.

Bednar can't trust him, and it's killing us. It can't continue this way. Facts are facts, 2 goals, 6 assists since Dec 1 and 2 of the those points came in 1 game. f***ing terrible.

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
I'm ok with 1 pt. George had a very good game. Hope he keeps it up.

If I was a gambler I think I would bet that Mack is the worst passer on the backhand in the top-50 players. I would also bet that 75% of his turnovers are probably from backhand passes. Once in a while he makes a great one and he then seems to think he is very good with his backhand.

As for Ryjo the only reason he hit 13 minutes of TOI tonight was because of who he was playing with. Parise and Lehky were able to cover for his lazy ass so well that Bednar was able to send them out at regular interval. I am done with this guy. Pavel or Meyers would do better than him because at least

they would be able to keep up with the other linemates. He really needs to go and soon.
If he just buries like his job entails with a minute left the Avs are going to NJ with 2 points.
gwt used to it this team is dropping hard

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Any chance some guys are saving some energy for the PO's and coasting and doing enough to get in?

I dont hope so.

Would you rather play one of Dallas or Winnipeg in Round 1, or one of LA Kings/Blues/Nashville........?

But hey, if we dont find a capable 2C, who cares. And this team needs one badly.... very badly.

Got 1 point out of this, Better than none.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
George took accountability on that second goal. I like that. He knows he should have stopped that. I thought he was solid tonight and deserved a better fate but in saying that Quick was on his bs tonight. He was really good.

He just gives off local flasher at the park vibes. I dont know why. Maybe because he kinda looks like Garrett on 107th that got arrested for that when I was a kid.
I haven't been able to unsee it since you first mentioned it a while back lol

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
"Even played hockey game, goes to overtime, I would have liked to have been able to grab the two points out of that, but I don't think we did enough after getting lead to extend the lead or make it tougher on them," Avalanche coach Jared Bednar said. "I thought they actually got more jump as the game went on and we were a little bit tired."

Come on Jared, really?

Your team had a week off!

This excuse only counts for Mac, Cale and Georgiev, if at all.

Last edited:

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I watched only the first period, then went to sleep. Good choice, it seems.

The refs were hilariously bad in the first. The 2+2 for Mikko was completely random, clear attempt to equalize the numbers of penalty minutes, as we already had 2 powerplays before. But then 2 minutes for tripping for Rangers, even though it was not his stick 😂. Incompetence was strong with these.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Make the RyJo experience stop please. Accept that you made a terrible decision and move on. Using assets to dump the guy is a better outcome than having his lazy ass on the ice.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Morning after thoughts. It was a close/tightly fought game all night. Avs has a great 40 minutes before being thoroughly outplayed in the 3rd. George had a great game and made some big saves. Nothing he really could have done for that Panarin goal and although you wish he would have stopped the OT goal, it was still a really good shot. The reality is that both goalies played very well slight edge to Quick who's having a bit of a renaissance year in his own right.

I thought for the most part the top line looked rough, really rough save for MacK's great individual effort to get the game's first goal. Rust was a very real thing which leads me to my next point. Rants is absolutely out to lunch this season. Rust doesn't even begin to describe his on ice play tonight as it seems to be a recurring theme for him. Lack of puck control, terrible defensively, ridiculous shift in OT that resulted in the GWG against, just not good enough. I'm scared shitless of that extension.

I thought the roaring 20's line was our best line overall tonight. They opened the night real close to getting a goal off the opening shift and kept that energy going the whole night. Wood in particular showed a ton of fight/hustle. We need this line to play like tonight because of the next topic.

RyJo and the "supposed" 2nd line are a problem. I didn't have an issue with Parise and Lehkonen but RyJo is absolutely a problem that needs to be fixed yesterday if possible. This guy is not good enough for a starting roster role on a cup contender. He's just not good enough for a top 6 spot and too lazy to be effective as a bottom 6 depth player. He's the worse of both worlds IMO. Replace him and get his ass outta here Sleepy CMac.

As for the D, I thought they were mostly good. I really wish Frail would have put the body on Panarin a bit more to prevent him from taking that shot and scoring in the 3rd but what can you do? Panarin is an elite level player and just had him there. I thought Manson had a noticeably good game overall. Overall good/closely fought game. On to the next which is hopefully a W in Jersey tonight.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
- The Avs top guys were guilty of overpassing most of the night... a big reason why we lost.
- I thought Georgiev was awesome last night
- Parise looked really good - great on the forecheck and was in the thick of things all night. If he can play steadily like that, he's a bigger add than I thought he was going to be
- The '3rd Line' has done a good job again of subbing for the '2nd Line'
- All in all, it was good for a road game but CMac&Sak need to get this #2C slot done over the next week or so before prices get out of control. Can't have 2 years in a row of the same failures... Most Avs fans won't care if they need to overpay to get the right guy or to make room for him but it needs to get done.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00