GDT: Avalanche vs Rangers @MSG 5:00PM MNT 2/5/24 (Emergency GDT) New York, New York, does it really never sleep?

Parise

• Good

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Still a dirty rotten Wild at heart

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Savior

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Anyone expecting the Avs to get another PP despite the Rangers not getting one after the Avs were gifted a friendly fire tripping call was just screaming into the wind.

Makar would have had to been tripped while in all alone and fall to the ice without getting a shot off to warrant a call there.
I'm sorry this is the f***ing problem. It was a penalty not even remotely close and it possibly altered the game. It doesn't matter, that we got a nice call in the 1st, the refs can't ignore that shit. It's literally ruining the game, the refs have to be better than that.

Reactions: kchan9 and katfude

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Even strength tonight:

Avs win Corsi battle 55-52
Avs out-chance Rangers 30-25
Avs have more high danger chances 13-8

It was actually a very good road game for 40 minutes. Half of the Rangers scoring chances and high danger chances came in the 3rd period. The wheels fell off a bit and NYR gathered momentum.

If the Avs got a 2nd goal tonight, this one was over. Quick was great.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm sorry this is the f***ing problem. It was a penalty not even remotely close and it possibly altered the game. It doesn't matter, that we got a nice call in the 1st, the refs can't ignore that shit. It's literally ruining the game, the refs have to be better than that.
Been watching NHL hockey since the 60's. This is the way it has ALWAYS been.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm all for calling the game by the rulebook but the NHL and their referees are not.

The referee looked up at the jumbotron and saw he made a mistake. So, he was always going to make it up to the Rangers. They didn't get another PP the rest of the game, so that's where he made it up.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
After the long break take the point and head to the next one, nothing much to look into after this one. George looked good adds to the confidence for him which he needs, just take care of business against the devils

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd legit trade his ass for a haul next summer before we have to re-up him to a AAV that matches his numbers, but that's just me.
I would, too. If there's any single player on this roster to be weary about extending long term based on playing style, age, and dollar amount it's Rantanen.

Unfortunately, I think the Avs are going to re-sign him when they can and the ship will sink with the core slowly like the Penguins.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm all for calling the game by the rulebook but the NHL and their referees are not.

The referee looked up at the jumbotron and saw he made a mistake. So, he was always going to make it up to the Rangers. They didn't get another PP the rest of the game, so that's where he made it up.
Exactly the f***ing problem refs should get suspended for that shit. When you are actively trying to making up for a mistake you made early is completely unacceptable.

Reactions: kchan9 and katfude

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
We need a 2C so f***ing badly. Colton was brought in for the 3rd line and f*** face Johansen is a gigantic bust of a trade by Cmac. If he doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger on a 2C for this team, Sakic or one of the God damn Kronkes need to fire that POS and hire someone that will. Not addressing this will do nothing but screw this team over. Home ice advantage in the playoffs should be a priority, and that's not f***ing happening without a 2C.

Dr Amazing204

Oct 5, 2017
Tough loss gg Rangers go Avs go good chance the Avs go 2-2-2 on the road trip it would be real good if Parise can score a couple goals help the team steal a game or 2.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

And that's the way it always has been.

I would note that the Avs wasted their power plays tonight. Another Avs goal in the 1st would have proved enough.

Also, Mikko got 4 minutes when he should have gotten 2 and Miller the 4.

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I think some guys displayed rust tonight from the break, but Mikko and RyJo have been bad all season. Mikko woke up for one game after Ismo called him out and the rest of the time he's been slow, fumbling pucks, missed shots, missed passes. I don't know what his deal is.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad