GDT: Avalanche vs Rangers @MSG 5:00PM MNT 2/5/24 (Emergency GDT) New York, New York, does it really never sleep?

Parise

• Good

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Still a dirty rotten Wild at heart

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Savior

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think some guys displayed rust tonight from the break, but Mikko and RyJo have been bad all season. Mikko woke up for one game after Ismo called him out and the rest of the time he's been slow, fumbling pucks, missed shots, missed passes. I don't know what his deal is.
That's a myth. He didn't.

Mikko played like a hot steaming pile of shit that particular game but got 3 points (as usual) and then after the game he had the audacity to call out Ismo.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We need a 2C so f***ing badly. Colton was brought in for the 3rd line and f*** face Johansen is a gigantic bust of a trade by Cmac. If he doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger on a 2C for this team, Sakic or one of the God damn Kronkes need to fire that POS and hire someone that will. Not addressing this will do nothing but screw this team over. Home ice advantage in the playoffs should be a priority, and that's not f***ing happening without a 2C.
Yup. They havent figured out that roster hole since Kadri left and its on CMac to fix it and hes done nothing. Its not hard to make a move in this league as Allvin has been doing it for 4 months now but it does take balls and CMac doesnt have to balls to make THAT trade. Say what you will about Greg in accounting but that dude came in recognized obvious roster holes and tried to fix them by getting Varly and EJ. Mackinnon in the midst of an MVP season deserves a capable 2C and not this asshole slohansen.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
We need a 2C so f***ing badly. Colton was brought in for the 3rd line and f*** face Johansen is a gigantic bust of a trade by Cmac. If he doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger on a 2C for this team, Sakic or one of the God damn Kronkes need to fire that POS and hire someone that will. Not addressing this will do nothing but screw this team over. Home ice advantage in the playoffs should be a priority, and that's not f***ing happening without a 2C.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Not ideal, but I'll take the point. This road trip is going to be a doozy. It'd be nice if Georgiev had some support, but it's not like Quick had any, either.

Heyduke

Oct 31, 2019
Yeah, Mikko looked bad, but calling two penalties on him in that sequence was an egregiously bad call. Refs were just awful tonight. Take the point vs. the shit refs and hope they get two tomorrow.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Johansen's dog shit ass was 2nd on the team in Corsi while on the ice tonight and his line generated 3 chances for to 1 against lmao.
I also thought Johansen played well tonight.

Guess what fans....... I predict there will be no roster changes this coming playoff/trade deadline. CMac's plan is that Parise shores up the so called 2nd line turning that line into a 2a while Colton's line becomes 2b.

And the fat Dutch (?) kid is the back up goalie.

Cmac is counting on Nuke being back and maybe Landy (have not seen him skating of late. Perhaps he's improved and not feeling knee pain?)

Look at the trade deadline pattern year after year with this management. They never go after the big guns. It's always an Eller or a Soderberg. Parise is this years addition.

Reactions: drhiii

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Guess what fans....... There will be no roster changes this coming playoff/trade deadline. CMac's plan is that Parise shores up the so called 2nd line turning that line into a 2a while Colton's line becomes 2b.

Cmac is counting on Nuke being back and maybe Landy (have not seen him skating of late. Perhaps he's improved and not feeling knee pain?)

Look at the trade deadline pattern year after year with this management. They never go after the big guns. It's always an Eller or a Soderberg.
Oh I think the Avs are absolutely going to replace Johansen. 8th in TOI tonight, 7th on the season as Colton slowly overtakes him.

The Avs specifically brought Colton in for the 3rd line, I don't think they're going to trust Johansen with the 2nd line.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Guess what fans....... I predict there will be no roster changes this coming playoff/trade deadline. CMac's plan is that Parise shores up the so called 2nd line turning that line into a 2a while Colton's line becomes 2b.

Look at the trade deadline pattern year after year with this management. They never go after the big guns. It's always an Eller or a Soderberg. Parise is this years addition.
Yep and so be it. Nothing out there is as game changing as it seems reading this board. Avs play as good a playoff style game as anyone and showed it tonight even without key players out there. Best of all, no crap like MacShit or Polin out there now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
jfc Jared...

You should know how to read Jared by now.

When he gives those one word vague answers, it usually means "yes."

When he gives his "you know we're gonna take a look at our options and go from there" type answers, you know shit ain't changing.

So I expect Annunen and Malinski both in tomorrow. Either JMFJ or Manson comes out. I'll bet they want to give Manson games off as much as they do JMFJ.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Oh I think the Avs are absolutely going to replace Johansen. 8th in TOI tonight, 7th on the season as Colton slowly overtakes him.

The Avs specifically brought Colton in for the 3rd line, I don't think they're going to trust Johansen with the 2nd line.
I trust CMac not. I realize he doesn't have much cap space to deal with but I also don't think he's got any real balls.

I'll be happy to say I was wrong if he does make a top flight move.

Reactions: drhiii

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Missed the game mostly (troubleshooting furnace problems) - how bad was it and how was Parise?
I really think they looked fine overall. Some notes:

1. You can tell they've had some time off. They looked way out of sync on the passing front.
2. I thought in general George looked great. He got scrambly sometimes.
3. I know I'm always on the officials, and I know the Avs had more PP's. But I saw the Rangers during multiple possessions have 6-7 guys on the ice by their bench. Especially in the 2nd. They were getting away with a ton of interference as well. The Avs play a far cleaner game overall.
4. Wood was great. Would love to see Colton going.
5. Parise will be a good fit for the team. I kinda wonder how long it takes for them to put him with Mack and Mikko. I actually think he could play well there in limited capacity. I'd also like to see him on the PP. He drew a PP too.
6. Jack Johnson isn't going to be able to keep up at the pace of games like this one. He was 3-5 steps behind on every shift.
7. They need a 2C. In the worst way.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The good thing to take from this is that Georgiev was stellar. Can’t fault him at all for this one.

They also went head to head against one of the best special teams, uh, teams and didn’t give up a PPG. Unfortunately they didn’t score one either but that isn’t surprising.

Games like this you need a legit 2C.

I was fine with the overall performance, for whatever reason games between these two clubs are very close.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can't defend Ryjo anymore
fgchP82.png

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I really think they looked fine overall. Some notes:

1. You can tell they've had some time off. They looked way out of sync on the passing front.
2. I thought in general George looked great. He got scrambly sometimes.
3. I know I'm always on the officials, and I know the Avs had more PP's. But I saw the Rangers during multiple possessions have 6-7 guys on the ice by their bench. Especially in the 2nd. They were getting away with a ton of interference as well. The Avs play a far cleaner game overall.
4. Wood was great. Would love to see Colton going.
5. Parise will be a good fit for the team. I kinda wonder how long it takes for them to put him with Mack and Mikko. I actually think he could play well there in limited capacity. I'd also like to see him on the PP. He drew a PP too.
6. Jack Johnson isn't going to be able to keep up at the pace of games like this one. He was 3-5 steps behind on every shift.
7. They need a 2C. In the worst way.
Cheers! Thanks! This is more impressive and detailed than I ever would’ve imagined too

I love JMFJ but he should really be a 7 now. Hopefully Malinski draws in tomorrow and more regularly instead and if not then we really need another depth D

Rangers are exactly the kind of team that should show if we want to seriously be a contender that RyJo is not going to cut it. Guessing he hamstrung Lehky by being useless?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The good thing to take from this is that Georgiev was stellar. Can’t fault him at all for this one.

They also went head to head against one of the best special teams, uh, teams and didn’t give up a PPG. Unfortunately they didn’t score one either but that isn’t surprising.

Games like this you need a legit 2C.

I was fine with the overall performance, for whatever reason games between these two clubs are very close.
George took accountability on that second goal. I like that. He knows he should have stopped that. I thought he was solid tonight and deserved a better fate but in saying that Quick was on his bs tonight. He was really good.

He just gives off local flasher at the park vibes. I dont know why. Maybe because he kinda looks like Garrett on 107th that got arrested for that when I was a kid.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

If Johansen didn't get PP time (while Rantanen was in the box) and Parise being new (he served Rantanen's PK), I think RyJo would already be 9th in TOI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad