Avalanche top line has combined for 38 points in 8 games.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
You come off as a pompous jagaloon acting like times have been so hard when you have watched your team win two cups in a little over 20 years.

- Kings fan who won’t complain about team success for a long time
Its been 17 years since the Avs won. They've been in the spiral of mediocrity for well over a decade. Including one of the worst seasons by any team ever.

If you're going to call him out on something, be that he brought up a condescending opinion on the Sens unnecessarily. Nothing he said on dealing with the bad Avs teams is unreasonable.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You come off as a pompous jagaloon acting like times have been so hard when you have watched your team win two cups in a little over 20 years.

- Kings fan who won’t complain about team success for a long time

Tbf we also spent a decade battling the Oilers to stay out of the league’s cellar. A decade that included a historically horrible season, after which the lotto gods gave us the 4th overall pick.

Yes the team won the cup 17 years ago, but these have been dark days since the 2004 lockout.

Granted my Knicks have been even worse, but that’s neither here nor there

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Apart from Rantanen who was a bit disappointing in the playoffs last year, the Avs have really been playing fantastic ever since the series against the Preds. Took everything Nashville had to beat them

My memory must be bad, because I remember the Preds scoring 5 goals in each of the first 2 games, then losing Game 3 in Colorado. Winning a close Game 4 in Colorado to take a 3-1 series lead. Nashville shut out Colorado 5-0 to win Game 6 and close out the series.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My memory must be bad, because I remember the Preds scoring 5 goals in each of the first 2 games, then losing Game 3 in Colorado. Winning a close Game 4 in Colorado to take a 3-1 series lead. Nashville shut out Colorado 5-0 to win Game 6 and close out the series.

Well, one of those 5 goal games the Avs had 4. We got crushed in games 1 and 6. Games 2-5 were competitive. Ultimately, we didn’t have anywhere near the depth to keep up, but it was a solid showing for the team 1 season removed from last place against the presidents trophy winners.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well, one of those 5 goal games the Avs had 4. We got crushed in games 1 and 6. Games 2-5 were competitive. Ultimately, we didn’t have anywhere near the depth to keep up, but it was a solid showing for the team 1 season removed from last place against the presidents trophy winners.

Let’s be real. It’s all the Hamburgler’s fault, otherwise we’d have won that series...

Reactions: tucker3434

Jan 21, 2018
Yea but for some reason Matthews is deemed generational and Mackinnon isn't?

I really wish there was a way to get Nylander on the Avs. Perfect fit but they just don't have an expendable dman that would interest the leafs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yea but for some reason Matthews is deemed generational and Mackinnon isn't?

I really wish there was a way to get Nylander on the Avs. Perfect fit but they just don't have an expendable dman that would interest the leafs.

Nylander’s really f***ing good, but the avs need a center to anchor the second line more than a winger...in fact Jost having to play Center instead of the wing is a big part of his offensive struggles this year.

So Drae or Tro would be the most perfect fit...if this was a video game and everyone was available as long as you offered enough value.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Question for Avs fans that's a little off-topic as I don't deem it thread worthy.

Was Duchene addition by subtraction or did things finally just click last season?

I don't follow alot of analytics, and only watch a few of their games every season, but have wondered (prior to last season) why they weren't alot better.

Reactions: Gains

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Question for Avs fans that's a little off-topic as I don't deem it thread worthy.

Was Duchene addition by subtraction or did things finally just click last season?

I don't follow alot of analytics, and only watch a few of their games every season, but have wondered (prior to last season) why they weren't alot better.

Honestly, the team was looking good before the trade. Duchene had good chemistry with Kerfoot and Mack was starting to heat up right before the trade. But I think it really helped to lift the weight off of a guy who didnt really want to be there at the time. The trade also gave us Girard, who gave us a very good top 4.

As to why they weren't better prior to that...it mostly had to do with Mack and Rantanen not breaking out yet and having a bad defense for 15 years, plus Varly injuries didnt help.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I was reminded of an oddity regarding this line. A three Bottle Kids were drafted immediately before the Florida Panthers picked.

#2 Landeskog
#3 Florida Jonathan Huberdeau

#1 MacKinnon
#2 Alex Barkov

#10 Rantenen
#11 Lawson Crouse

"The Triple Screw."
That's a good name for that line as well.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Colorado's 1st line is looking God tier. Fun to watch! You guys deserve this after having to put up with a bad team for all those years.

Enjoy it Avs fans. It won't last forever. :)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Ricky-face-mask.png

They broke out of a slump last night with two goals.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
MacKinnon is really living off of this line, every one remembers he had shortcomings in his Hockey IQ. But specially Mikko has elite IQ and feeds macK, agter they were united, the rest is history.

Mikko Has the league lead, He is a monster.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
MacKinnon is really living off of this line, every one remembers he had shortcomings in his Hockey IQ. But specially Mikko has elite IQ and feeds macK, agter they were united, the rest is history.

Mikko Has the league lead, He is a monster.

This is 100% a false narrative. Just 6 months ago Mikko was a passenger riding Mackinnon's coattails and now it's the other way around? How about they're both great players that compliment each other?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad