Avalanche Jersey Pickups Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just ordered mine from RCS, didn't end up going with EJ or Z after all lol, went Soderberg

Glad to see that someone took advantage of the RCS deal. Times like this I wish I wasn't completely anal haha.

Damn snow storm out here on the East Coast is going to delay me getting my jersey kits and probably my jersey.

EDIT: Looks like the RCS sale was extended to 1/31.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So I got my Third and SS jersey kits today. They cost ~$25 each. Like I mentioned before you'll have to have someone sew them onto your jerseys. I use a guy out here in Jersey from the Icejerseys Forum, I can get you his info if you're interested.

The MacKinnon Third came with a straight nameplate but luckily Jersey Baron just got the proper nameplates in the other day. The Landeskog SS came with a twill nameplate which isn't the right material but I believe it's the proper arch so for the non anal jersey goers it gets the job done.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Arrived from the Baron today. Love these jerseys in person.

1z2h8r8.jpg

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Icejerseys has a real good sale (discount code and free shipping) that can get you a customized replica new alt or SS jersey for $40 off $175+ .... and they have most sizes available (for order) up to XL on the jerseys

discount good till tomorrow am, so act soon

EurolancheDavid

So Icejersey offers the same like in team's store in Pepsi Center, right?

Sorry, but I am not good in jerseys and I just want to be sure I would not be scammed by a low quality product...

And I am curious if icejersey sew SS patch on shoulders?

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So Icejersey offers the same like in team's store in Pepsi Center, right?

Sorry, but I am not good in jerseys and I just want to be sure I would not be scammed by a low quality product...

And I am curious if icejersey sew SS patch on shoulders?

Icejerseys is a reputable company and will give you the same jersey that the team's store will. The customization may be a little different but most likely not that noticeable.

Regarding the patch you would probably have to email them.

EurolancheDavid

Icejerseys is a reputable company and will give you the same jersey that the team's store will. The customization may be a little different but most likely not that noticeable.

Regarding the patch you would probably have to email them.

Thank you.

Have you ever bought a jersey at their store and customize it? I just would like to see a photo and then decide.

Btw, what company does the best customization?

Finally, do you have idea what jerseys will Avs wear in the Alumni Game?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thank you.

Have you ever bought a jersey at their store and customize it? I just would like to see a photo and then decide.

Btw, what company does the best customization?

Finally, do you have idea what jerseys will Avs wear in the Alumni Game?

I have used IceJerseys in the past but since then have become a complete jersey snob. I've never had them do an Avs jersey though. I used them for Olympic jerseys in 2014.

However, I BELIEVE all companies like IceJerseys, River City Sports, ...etc use the same fonts given to them by the NHL so all of those companies will send you the same product. I got my jersey kit for my SS jersey from a company called Stahl's. They sell the loose kits that are licensed by the NHLPA, which should be the same lettering that the other stores use.

Now when it comes to the Avs, Denver Athletic has done the on-ice jerseys BUT they say that they can't customize the jerseys without you going through Altitude Authentics (store in Pepsi Center).

As it stands now I don't believe any word has been released about what the Alumni team will wear.

I was going to wait to post this until I got it tomorrow but in order to help you out this is what my Landeskog jersey came out as using the Stahl's kit.

EDIT: Compared to the jersey when it was unveiled:

20150921__22ST_avs~1.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks for the answer.

One more question: What is a difference between sewing letters one by one and sewing the whole name on a plate? I prefer one by one, but I saw the plates somewhere too.

Some teams use a name plate while others do not. The Avs are one of the teams that do use a nameplate but really it's personal preference if you're not completely anal about jerseys. More than likely anywhere you have a jersey customized they'll use a nameplate though.

I personally enjoy nameplates more because it makes it easier if I want to strip the jersey and put a new name on it. If you're sewing individual letters on you're pretty much out of luck.

EurolancheDavid

So I ordered two jerseys at Icejerseys.com like two minutes prior the discount expired.

I ordered two Premier jerseys:
- Stadium Series, MacKINNON with the patch, XL size (I guess I will wear more layers outside at the game than in Pepsi Cener)
- Alternate, McLEOD, "A", without anniversary patch, L size (for wearing inside)

Estimated shipping is February 15. Hopefully they will arrive to my friend's address not later than February 25. Otherwise, I will die.

RKB9

Feb 26, 2009
Winnipeg
Just got my Mackinnon third from ice jerseys in time for the SS! Not sure how I feel about it, it looks good but the numbers are thin and feel kind of cheap compared to my other Avs jerseys I got customized at RCS.

Anyone else order a customized third from ice jerseys?

View attachment 87495

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Arrived from the Baron today. Love these jerseys in person.

1z2h8r8.jpg

Wow the kit looks sharp. Hows the quality and namebar? I bought the SS and 3rd and wanted to bring to DA but of course just my luck and they can't do it anymore. How come your third doesn't have a namebar if you don't mind me asking?

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Thoughts on this so please chime in.

For my SS Jersey I want to use the third Jersey number font and size to replace the huge font I it originally has. It looks like the font style is the same but I can't stand the outrageously huge numbers. What are your thoughts even though it's a Jersey foul

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thoughts on this so please chime in.

For my SS Jersey I want to use the third Jersey number font and size to replace the huge font I it originally has. It looks like the font style is the same but I can't stand the outrageously huge numbers. What are your thoughts even though it's a Jersey foul

I wouldn't do it

EurolancheDavid

Wish I read couple of above posts before I made an order at Icejerseys.

I sent them email asking if I can switch SS XL size to SS L size. Hopefully it will work.

I remember thin numbers/name when I bought Duchene Home Premier jersey for about 100 dollars. It is clearly not fake one, but the customization is cheaper than on my other jerseys that most of them I bought in Pepsi Center. Again - hopefully - my two new jerseys will nto have thin numbers/name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad