Avalanche Jersey Pickups Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
SS might go on sale after tomorrow. It's more a keepsake, if you prefer that. I personally like the 3rd best, I think they'll be around a while too.

I actually liked the warmup jerseys they used today. Heck, I might be interested in one of those. Or is it stupid to wear a practice jersey?

I won't be surprised to see the new "C" logo become more and more prominent either. It's really nice and has a "classic" look to it. So whether that's styling it after the SS "C" or the Alternate "C" (which I also REALLY like), I think it's possible we've been given a glimpse into what a jersey/logo re-design could look like.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
So I have already picked up 3 jerseys this year cause of sales but am worried I might lose out on getting the new alternate. In the past I seem to remember we have kept alternates for more than 1 season. Can anyone confirm this though and what is everyone's opinion in if they think we will still use this alternate next year?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So I have already picked up 3 jerseys this year cause of sales but am worried I might lose out on getting the new alternate. In the past I seem to remember we have kept alternates for more than 1 season. Can anyone confirm this though and what is everyone's opinion in if they think we will still use this alternate next year?

I dont think it's been confirmed but I would expect the new 3rd to be around for a few years.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Saw a guy with the Alumni jersey patch from yesterday on his Duchene jersey at the game tonight. I didn't see them at any of the souvenir stands. So they must already be on sale at Pepsi Center.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Saw a guy with the Alumni jersey patch from yesterday on his Duchene jersey at the game tonight. I didn't see them at any of the souvenir stands. So they must already be on sale at Pepsi Center.

Just my luck. I walked a mile (not that far in grand scheme of things) today only to get there at 12:55 and they had a sign saying they were closing the store at 12:45 for the Mammoth game.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'll look for you. I'll be there on the 9th.

How are you enjoying the trip?

It's been great. Got in on Friday night (followed the Alumni game through wifi on the plane of people posting on here and on Twitter). I'll watch the game when I get home since I dvred both. Earlier on Saturday I walked around the city including the 16th Street Mall. Ventured over to Pepsi Center only for AA to be closed. My girlfriend was none too pleased about that walk since I probably should have called ahead haha.

Last night was great. Enjoyed Coors Field and the surrounding area. It's definitely different than what we have in Philadelphia where all three stadiums are together surrounded by only parking lots for as far as the eye can see. The game was great up until Landy's (was it him?) give away. As soon as the puck went up the boards I turned to my girlfriend and said game over and sure enough it was. Now at that point I put two and two together that Brad Richards scored the GWG against the Flyers in the 2012 WC. So I'll take the blame for this loss.

This morning I'm up bright and early and heading out to the mountains for a few hours to go snowmobiling before returning to Denver for one more night before heading to Breckenridge tomorrow. I wanted to make sure I had an extra day in Denver in case the game was pushed back a day for some reason.

AveryLanche15

Jul 27, 2009
It's been great. Got in on Friday night (followed the Alumni game through wifi on the plane of people posting on here and on Twitter). I'll watch the game when I get home since I dvred both. Earlier on Saturday I walked around the city including the 16th Street Mall. Ventured over to Pepsi Center only for AA to be closed. My girlfriend was none too pleased about that walk since I probably should have called ahead haha.

Last night was great. Enjoyed Coors Field and the surrounding area. It's definitely different than what we have in Philadelphia where all three stadiums are together surrounded by only parking lots for as far as the eye can see. The game was great up until Landy's (was it him?) give away. As soon as the puck went up the boards I turned to my girlfriend and said game over and sure enough it was. Now at that point I put two and two together that Brad Richards scored the GWG against the Flyers in the 2012 WC. So I'll take the blame for this loss.

This morning I'm up bright and early and heading out to the mountains for a few hours to go snowmobiling before returning to Denver for one more night before heading to Breckenridge tomorrow. I wanted to make sure I had an extra day in Denver in case the game was pushed back a day for some reason.

Blame the Colorado Mammoth for scheduling a game on the same day as the Stadium Series game, causing the store to shut down earlier than normal. I was able to shop around 12 and they were packed with customers, doing everything they could to help as many people before they had to shut down.

But Altitude Authentics is open tomorrow from 10-5 and they were selling Alumni patches ($15) and Stadium patches ($15)

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I went ahead and got a SS Landeskog jersey before the game from AA yesterday and couldn't be more happy with it.

It might be my favorite Avs jersey of all time for some reason. I didn't like the new thirds as much in person. I'd love if they did a re-make on the SS jersey with smaller numbers as an alternate or even as the main jersey going forward.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this but I got a medium, and it fits the same as my other Large reebok jerseys from the past.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Blame the Colorado Mammoth for scheduling a game on the same day as the Stadium Series game, causing the store to shut down earlier than normal. I was able to shop around 12 and they were packed with customers, doing everything they could to help as many people before they had to shut down.

But Altitude Authentics is open tomorrow from 10-5 and they were selling Alumni patches ($15) and Stadium patches ($15)

Thanks for that. I'll have to talk the GF into stopping there as we head out of Denver tomorrow morning.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Not sure if anyone else noticed this but I got a medium, and it fits the same as my other Large reebok jerseys from the past.

yep, quite a few times but it is always worth reminding people (the new jerseys run a bit larger) especially those ordering online and not getting fitted by trying on in store

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So I just stopped into AA and picked up some Alumni patches. While there I heard murmurs of a 50% off sale on SS stuff. I didn't confirm it but it sounds like they sent out an email. I was in and out.

EDIT: Looking at my receipt the patches were 50% off.

EDIT #2: I might have bought one of those jackets that the coaches wore if I knew going in.

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Would love to pick up a MacKinnon SS jersey if they're on sale. Anyone know if they'll be on sale online as well?

Avsfan21

Jun 4, 2015
Dang, kicking myself for not stopping by the store before leaving Denver last night.

Just call the store and order over the phone. You'll just pay for shipping which can't be much unless you live in Canada

Ozil

Mar 31, 2012
Calgary, AB
I went ahead and ordered my authentic 3rd with the 20th anniversary badge from the Baron. He has the MacKinnon kit so I am getting one on it :) Hoping it will be in Calgary by the 18th as the Avs are in town!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
For those that don't know, the auction for the gamers from the Alumni game end in a little bit under two hours from now on NHL Auctions.

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Still waiting for my SS jersey from RCS to ship, its been 8 weeks now...called at the 6 week mark and they said it would ship the following week and i'd get a tracking number. I called again yesterday since nothing has happened, the guy said he would find out where my jersey was and call me back today, still no call back. The customization period was supposed to be 4-6 weeks. So far im not too pleased with the service i've received from them. I may stick with icejerseys next time.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Still waiting for my SS jersey from RCS to ship, its been 8 weeks now...called at the 6 week mark and they said it would ship the following week and i'd get a tracking number. I called again yesterday since nothing has happened, the guy said he would find out where my jersey was and call me back today, still no call back. The customization period was supposed to be 4-6 weeks. So far im not too pleased with the service i've received from them. I may stick with icejerseys next time.
That stinks. It's been a while since I ordered from them but I've never known RCS to be that bad customer service wise.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Not a jersey but I got my mega-ticket in today...

jrxmpe.jpg

Wait a second...that's not the right game. Good thing the ticket has all of the right seat information for the Avs one! So it's basically the right ticket.

Real bummed out right now, just waiting to hear how long it's going to take them to make me the right one after waiting a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad