Avalanche Jersey Pickups Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Wow the kit looks sharp. Hows the quality and namebar? I bought the SS and 3rd and wanted to bring to DA but of course just my luck and they can't do it anymore. How come your third doesn't have a namebar if you don't mind me asking?

So the namebar for the SS was a twill nameplate and I really hated it after looking it over. Stahl's only deals in Twill. I got an Air-Knit nameplate for the jersey and even though I haven't gotten it in my hands yet it looks MUCH better. I had the nameplate sewn on where it would be easy to take off. Jersey Baron has told me that he will be getting the proper nameplate material in, he just doesn't know when at this point. I wanted to have the jersey done so that I could wear it to the SS game so i'll worry about proper nameplate material after.

So the third doesn't have a name bar because Stahl's sent me a straight twill nameplate with the old Blueberry color. Also, at the point I took that picture I was waiting on Jersey Baron to get in the proper nameplate. Turns out he got that nameplate in that exact day so I have the proper nameplate material now. But here's the problem, the Stahl's kit for the third jersey is way off. The letters were cut in a straight way AND it's the incorrect font. I hadn't realized this until a few days of looking at it. It turns out the proper font is that of the Stadium Series jersey. I emailed Stahl's and asked them if they can cut a kit for the SS but in a different color and they said no due to licensing issues. So I ordered a MacKinnon SS kit and a thing of twill and i'm going to attempt to cut the kit myself. It probably won't work very well but it's worth a shot. Worst case scenario I have a MacKinnon SS kit and I just have someone like Keener make me a new name.

Thoughts on this so please chime in.

For my SS Jersey I want to use the third Jersey number font and size to replace the huge font I it originally has. It looks like the font style is the same but I can't stand the outrageously huge numbers. What are your thoughts even though it's a Jersey foul

I would stay FAR away from doing that but like i've said many times, it's your jersey and you can do whatever you want with it.

Wish I read couple of above posts before I made an order at Icejerseys.

I sent them email asking if I can switch SS XL size to SS L size. Hopefully it will work.

I remember thin numbers/name when I bought Duchene Home Premier jersey for about 100 dollars. It is clearly not fake one, but the customization is cheaper than on my other jerseys that most of them I bought in Pepsi Center. Again - hopefully - my two new jerseys will nto have thin numbers/name.

Was the Duchene bought from NHL Shop or something similar? The numbers on both your SS and Third will be thin but that's due to the fact that they're single layer. They'll be made of proper twill so it'll be the same material as on the ice. If you ordered from NHL Shop then you just get complete crap.

EurolancheDavid

I had a chat with Icejerseys rep and he told me the size chart is the same for Avalanche home and Stadium Series jersey. I hope it will be true, because I ordered XL size. XXL would be too big for me. I prefer XL for SS jersey so I can wear layers for the outdoor game. And I also changed it from MacKinnon to Landeskog. Just personnal preference.

Talking about Duchene's jerseys. I ordered him on Amazon years ago. It came with tags and didn't seem to be a Chinesee fake. I just didn't want to invest much money for this concrete player, so I just bought the cheapest and best looking item.

His name and number is very thing. Logo on the chest is ok when I compare it to jerseys that I bought in Pepsi Center.

duchenejerseys%20(1).JPG

duchenejerseys%20(2).JPG

duchenejerseys%20(3).JPG

duchenejerseys%20(4).JPG

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
I had a chat with Icejerseys rep and he told me the size chart is the same for Avalanche home and Stadium Series jersey. I hope it will be true, because I ordered XL size. XXL would be too big for me. I prefer XL for SS jersey so I can wear layers for the outdoor game. And I also changed it from MacKinnon to Landeskog. Just personnal preference.

if by home he meant the new alts then yes

as has been mentioned before the new jerseys both alts and SS fit larger than the past jerseys

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
to be honest, when trying the new jerseys on the area where I found it to be more problematic for my size was the sleeve/arm length

YMMV as everyone has a different body type/build

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yup, that Duchene is how the NHL Shop and a few other companies would produce their jerseys. It's real but it's also why I tell people to stay far away from NHL Shop.

RKB9

Feb 26, 2009
Winnipeg
I found my medium new third is similar in size to my medium home jersey. I wear a hoodie underneath it and fits well.

New Scotland

Feb 22, 2014
Halifax, NS
Hi guys - probably a long shot, but I have two MacKinnon rookie jerseys that Nate signed while he was home in Halifax during the Olympic break. I'll be coming to Denver from Halifax in two weeks, and was wondering if anybody in Denver/coming to Denver for the SS had any signed jerseys from other players that they'd like to swap for a signed MacKinnon home jersey? I'd just like a little variety in my collection rather than doubles!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Ice Jerseys has the authentic SS jerseys for $319.90. Good to see that they got them in because at the end of the season they always have MAJOR sales (think 50%).

Perceptor

World Class
Mar 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm a Flames fan always, but followed the Avs (and still do) because I loved Forsberg as a kid. It doesn't hurt that I love Iggy and Nate MacKinnon as well so they're a team I like.

I've had this jersey for a couple of years, but it's still an all time favorite. The guy I bought it from lived in Denver and was able to get it stitched for me I think through Denver Athletic.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
So far im a bit disappointed with River City Sports, I ordered my Soderberg SS jersey 5 weeks ago and hadn't heard anything since. So yesterday I called to get an update figuring I could get a tracking number because it had to have been shipped by now, but the jersey is still in customizing. Anyone else have issues with them taking a really long time? I was really hoping to have the jersey by the game next week but its not even going to ship until the end of next week.

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
I'm a Flames fan always, but followed the Avs (and still do) because I loved Forsberg as a kid. It doesn't hurt that I love Iggy and Nate MacKinnon as well so they're a team I like.

I've had this jersey for a couple of years, but it's still an all time favorite. The guy I bought it from lived in Denver and was able to get it stitched for me I think through Denver Athletic.

Were you on IceJerseys a few years ago? Was your screen name Prowl, by chance?

New Scotland

Feb 22, 2014
Halifax, NS
Just landed in Denver today for the week! Would the Altitude store at Pepsi Center be the best place around to buy a SS jersey, or should I try Dick's Sporting Goods/other sports store in Denver first?

Thanks!!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just landed in Denver today for the week! Would the Altitude store at Pepsi Center be the best place around to buy a SS jersey, or should I try Dick's Sporting Goods/other sports store in Denver first?

Thanks!!

Depends who you want. They have more names at the Pepsi center. You might only find Landy and MacKinnon in the stores. I'd just go to the PC, don't think you save much at the store anyway.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
perfect timing, got my new Duchene 3rd jersey from Icejerseys today
absolutely love it ... what a beautiful jersey
only thing more I could ask is maybe not just single twill on the numbers but that is a small nitpick

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
SS or third jersey? Hmmm....really struggling with which one to get first

SS might go on sale after tomorrow. It's more a keepsake, if you prefer that. I personally like the 3rd best, I think they'll be around a while too.

I actually liked the warmup jerseys they used today. Heck, I might be interested in one of those. Or is it stupid to wear a practice jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad