Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen Part 2

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Or more ? Jesus Christ. He will never ever hit the fluke season(18 goals) numbers again. Watch the replay of those 18 goals. The amount of goalie brainfarts and lucky breaks.. Wow. Same thing happened with Anderson with his best season. Half of the goals was empty netters and ridiculous mistakes by goalie. Lehkonen is basically smaller Anderson. Good straight line speed, no hands, no offensive talent whatsoever. Anderson on PP and his close control has been laughable to watch.

Ok grand seer

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The way I interpreted the if not more was 1 or more seasons of 20-25 goals. If that’s what he meant, then I agree with that too. He’s technically entering his prime years now.

Also, Lehkonen is a smaller Anderson? Jesus Christ indeed.

Exactly.
One season of 20-25 at least or maybe a few seasons of 20-25.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Even if Armia's the better player, sometimes chemistry makes a lesser player a better fit on a given line.

Armia has a better shot and can deal with physical D men better than Lehkonen. However, Lehkonen is a key part of our team speed and forecheck and we should be careful with messing around with that.

Reactions: Vachon23

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Heart and soul player who gives his all for the team. More important to the team success that HF fans give credit but it's evident the coaching staff and his teamates love him.

He absolutely has a spot on my team. But it definitely feels like he's a little wasted on the 4th..
But that Danault Lehky PK tandem is such a god damn joy to have, theyre relentless

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i've always felt that Leks would hit 20+ goals at some point but have had trouble understanding why he's struggled so badly at times when I know he can shoot the puck but at times he looks like he has zero confidence and couldn't score into a wide open barn.

But I don't see how Armia is that much better, certainly not offensively,

Armia - 27 years old - 298-55-56-111 98 pims Even
Leks - 25 years old - 294-55-53-108 86 pims -1

it doesn't get much closer other then one was picked 16th OA and the other 55th. Of course Armia is much bigger, stronger, better at protecting pucks but Leks has the higher points in a season with 31, mainly due to how much time Armia missed to injury over the years.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
i've always felt that Leks would hit 20+ goals at some point but have had trouble understanding why he's struggled so badly at times when I know he can shoot the puck but at times he looks like he has zero confidence and couldn't score into a wide open barn.

it doesn't get much closer other then one was picked 16th OA and the other 55th. Of course Armia is much bigger, stronger, better at protecting pucks but Leks has the higher points in a season with 31, mainly due to how much time Armia missed to injury over the years.
Not to mention he's also playing much better currently than Armia. Why not reward him with some 3rd line shifts. Not like Armia is wasted on the 4th.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Leks with his speed and shot thought he would take off after his rookie season. He scored 18 goals rookie year, but went in reverse. I think confidence issue

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Not to be rude, but do you watch the Habs even regularly anymore? I know you watch the prospects a ton and I always respect your opinion on them, but in terms of the NHL players, all you do is bring up point totals and +/-. Armia is substantially more talented than Lehkonen and is a clearly better offensively. If Julien is playing Lehkonen who he thinks of as a son on the 4th line, it should tell you that even he thinks Lehkonen can't do much offensively. Don't forget when Lehkonen got scratched for doing absolutely nothing offensively. Armia is the better passer, shooter and makes the more skill play every time.

That being said, when Armia is off, he's a lazy cow that does nothing and is still good defensively. Lehkonen may seem better in those times because he's a forechecking monster, but he won't do anything offensively unless he's playing with more talented players. I really do like Lehkonen, but I think he's perfect where he's at on the 4th line with PK time, and he's definitely not better than Armia.

Reactions: kevsavard95

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not to be rude, but do you watch the Habs even regularly anymore? I know you watch the prospects a ton and I always respect your opinion on them, but in terms of the NHL players, all you do is bring up point totals and +/-. Armia is substantially more talented than Lehkonen and is a clearly better offensively.

he's so much better yet they have identical stats.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
he's so much better yet they have identical stats.
You are just further proving that you only stat watch man. I know you have far more hockey knowledge than that, so I'm just going to assume you dont watch the Habs much lately(dont blame you). Armia isnt on the 4th line for being too bad offensively. Armia never got healthy scratched as a Hab for being bad offensively.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You are just further proving that you only stat watch man. I know you have far more hockey knowledge than that, so I'm just going to assume you dont watch the Habs much lately(dont blame you). Armia isnt on the 4th line for being too bad offensively. Armia never got healthy scratched as a Hab for being bad offensively.

Armia is so much better yet he's never had more points in a season then Leks. We have more depth this year, and I think Armia if he could ever stay healthy would be the better offensive player but not by that much.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Armia is so much better yet he's never had more points in a season then Leks. We have more depth this year, and I think Armia if he could ever stay healthy would be the better offensive player but not by that much.
Again, you are stat watching. Are Gallagher and Drouin equal offsenviely since they both have similar production? Of course not.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Again, you are stat watching. Are Gallagher and Drouin equal offsenviely since they both have similar production? Of course not.

I wouldn't say equal because one is a goal scorer and the other a playmaker. Leks and Armia stats are almost identical across the board, games, goals, assists, points, pims, plus minus. Gallagher has almost 3 times the amount of goals but in almost 200 more games.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I wouldn't say equal because one is a goal scorer and the other a playmaker. Leks and Armia stats are almost identical across the board, games, goals, assists, points, pims, plus minus. Gallagher has almost 3 times the amount of goals but in almost 200 more games.
Which is why I said offensively. Points matter(at least the way you are evaluating). 0.62 PPG vs 0.64 PPG and mostly played with Tatar who has been the most consistent point producer for us.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
They're both good players, and also have their drawbacks.

Armia will impress you more with his stickwork defensively and his offensive insticts - but he'll also make some boneheaded plays and maybe some stupid penalties.

Lehkonen is less showy, but pretty darn consistent in his "give a shit" metric - but he's also got some finishing issues and can be frustrating to watch when the Habs are desperate for scoring.

Good thing we have both

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad