Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen Part 2

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Did Lehkonen just never learned how to use his shot to be efficient in the NHL? Because some of his goals are beauties, and you see that there is a shot to be found. But NHL players don't score on "clean", regular, precise shots, they need more than that and it seems like Lehk is missing "that".

I wonder how long he has left in Montreal

A long time if he's willing to accept a permanent third line checking role and the money associated with it.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I am a fan of Lehkonen and I see him as a responsible 2-way versatile winger and penalty killer. I compare him with Calle Jarnkrok in Nashville and I'd gladly offer him a long term contract (6 years @ 3.5M) for him to remain with us long term.

Reactions: abo9

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020

I think and hope so too, but he strikes me as a player who, with puck luck, could pull off a Pageau-esque (or Martin Lapointe-esque) season in a contract year and price himself out. There would be a few teams willing to pay 5/year for a say 20-20 two way player.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He's an excellent 3rd liner and penalty killer on a cheap contract who gets 25-30 points a year, why get rid of him?

I'm not saying to get rid of him, but a lot of 3rd liners do move around. Especially if he gets bested by other players and gets pushed to the 4th.

His contract will also expire lol. I'm not expecting a huge increase, but the guys might want to test UFA (and that's a personal decision that we can't predict).

Reactions: Deebs

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I'm not saying to get rid of him, but a lot of 3rd liners do move around. Especially if he gets bested by other players and gets pushed to the 4th.

His contract will also expire lol. I'm not expecting a huge increase, but the guys might want to test UFA (and that's a personal decision that we can't predict).

if there is 3rd liner that I want to keep it's him. Trade the others

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I still find it disappointing he never has shown more offensive upside in the NHL, he has a good shot and that was his calling card as a prospect.

He's off to a good start and it would be nice to see that shot a little more, as his defensive and neutral zone game is consistently good.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I still find it disappointing he never has shown more offensive upside in the NHL, he has a good shot and that was his calling card as a prospect.

He's off to a good start and it would be nice to see that shot a little more, as his defensive and neutral zone game is consistently good.
Not every player can rack up big points. He knows his role and plays it very well, while having a very team friendly contract. Ideal bottom 6 player

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

I still think he'll hit 20-25 goals at least one season, if not more. He seems a bit more confident this year, but that might only be the lesser opposition he's been facing.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I still think he'll hit 20-25 goals at least one season, if not more.
Or more ? Jesus Christ. He will never ever hit the fluke season(18 goals) numbers again. Watch the replay of those 18 goals. The amount of goalie brainfarts and lucky breaks.. Wow. Same thing happened with Anderson with his best season. Half of the goals was empty netters and ridiculous mistakes by goalie. Lehkonen is basically smaller Anderson. Good straight line speed, no hands, no offensive talent whatsoever. Anderson on PP and his close control has been laughable to watch.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Or more ? Jesus Christ. He will never ever hit the fluke season(18 goals) numbers again. Watch the replay of those 18 goals. The amount of goalie brainfarts and lucky breaks.. Wow. Same thing happened with Anderson with his best season. Half of the goals was empty netters and ridiculous mistakes by goalie. Lehkonen is basically smaller Anderson. Good straight line speed, no hands, no offensive talent whatsoever. Anderson on PP and his close control has been laughable to watch.
The way I interpreted the if not more was 1 or more seasons of 20-25 goals. If that’s what he meant, then I agree with that too. He’s technically entering his prime years now.

Also, Lehkonen is a smaller Anderson? Jesus Christ indeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad