Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen Part 2

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
They produce about the same at ES and one drives play and defends well and the other doesn't.

On the PP? No question its Drouin. But in the top 6? Drouin hasn't separated himself.

Lehkonen might be the most underrated player on this board.

But has he even been tried much on the PP?

Reactions: mynamejeff420

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lehkonen might be the most underrated player on this board.

But has he even been tried much on the PP?
I like Lehkonen a lot for what he is. If he becomes something more than a 30 point, elite defensive forward, I'll be happy for him. If he doesn't, I'll be happy with him as he is.

I wish he wouldn't be so hard on himself every time he misses a chance (i.e. multiple times a game). He should accept that he's going to need a high volume of chances to produce and put his energies to increasing that volume.

I especially think if he one-timed more pucks he'd score more. Whether from the high slot or the side boards, or in prime scoring position, he's got a hard shot. Goalies have more trouble with shots when they're not set. He could maybe get back to 17-20 goals if he did that regularly, imo.

Less thinking, more letting her rip.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I like Lehkonen a lot for what he is. If he becomes something more than a 30 point, elite defensive forward, I'll be happy for him. If he doesn't, I'll be happy with him as he is.

I wish he wouldn't be so hard on himself every time he misses a chance (i.e. multiple times a game). He should accept that he's going to need a high volume of chances to produce and put his energies to increasing that volume.

I especially think if he one-timed more pucks he'd score more. Whether from the high slot or the side boards, or in prime scoring position, he's got a hard shot. Goalies have more trouble with shots when they're not set. He could maybe get back to 17-20 goals if he did that regularly, imo.

Less thinking, more letting her rip.
I just think he needs a better playmaker by his side.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Name5v5 GF/605v5 P/60
Drouin2.321.58
Lehkonen2.421.60
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Pretty embarrassing that Jonathan "top 6 forward" Drouin can't even outscore (whether we look at on-ice goals or points) Artturi "can't even get creative on a breakaway" Lehkonen.

Artturi Lehkonen Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Jonathan Drouin Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Drouin rookie season is more relevant than prime Lekhonen
Move on with those stupid advanced stats

Reactions: Vachon23

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Did Lehkonen just never learned how to use his shot to be efficient in the NHL? Because some of his goals are beauties, and you see that there is a shot to be found. But NHL players don't score on "clean", regular, precise shots, they need more than that and it seems like Lehk is missing "that".

I wonder how long he has left in Montreal

Reactions: 26Mats

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Did Lehkonen just never learned how to use his shot to be efficient in the NHL? Because some of his goals are beauties, and you see that there is a shot to be found. But NHL players don't score on "clean", regular, precise shots, they need more than that and it seems like Lehk is missing "that".

I wonder how long he has left in Montreal
He's an excellent 3rd liner and penalty killer on a cheap contract who gets 25-30 points a year, why get rid of him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad